Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? (22411 Views)

Official: Gareth Bale Is A Real Madrid Player / Real Madrid Sign Gareth Bale For 100 million Euros / Gareth Bale Vs Cristiano Ronaldo In Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by colossus2: 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
50calibre: This is not an issue of whether or not he is worth £100M, it is given the current circumstances is he worth such amount of money? And my answer is

YES. Why?

1 - He is spurs most prized asset, and would not even consider selling him for something that isn't a record breaking fee

2 - The guy is still very young, fast, agile, skilful, has a knack for scoring goals and to top it all up, is improving everyday. That guy + C Ronaldo running 7 & 11 will be a wonder to behold.

3 - Should the guy go to Real Madrid and keep up with his scoring ways, I guarantee you Madrid is going to recuperate the money spent on him by winning the league, Champions league and jersey sales.
You are on point bruv
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by kakakibuy(m): 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
Gareth Bale's football is worth 50 Milla max.

But Bale's commercial value (Jersey, adverts, endorsement, etc) is worth more than 105 Milla. This is what Real Madrid is after. It's an investment.
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
From a website not too far from here...

The reason why Bale is worth 105 million

This one is for our friend Sean, London who wonders about shirt sales and the massive fees Madrid seem intent on paying. The truth of the matter is actually not as linear as that. I've broken it down into the 4 main points:

- Madrid are rich. Richer than anybody else, by far. The latest Deloitte studies shows that the EBITDA of the club has been over €50m since 2001. Never in that time have Madrid not made a bottom-line profit, usually between €20m and €40m. Why? Well...

- TV rights. Barça and Madrid make €140m on TV deals a year (not including CL money). This is more than clubs get in the UK, and indeed more than any club gets anywhere else...

- Madrid's wages aren't that high (around the €100m mark), which means you have a ratio of wages to operating income (excluding player sales) in the range of 30 to 40%, which by any standards is among the best in world.

- Commercial income from shirt sales is over simplified. The actual profit Madrid make from a £50 shirt is along the lines of 15%, which would mean Ronaldo won't pay his fee with shirt sales alone. It does help though. In 2011 more than 2m Ronaldo shirts had been sold, resulting in a profit for Madrid of ~€25m for his first 2 years of contract, effectively paying his wages.

- Image rights. Madrid keep 50% (40% in Ronaldo's case) of the player's image rights. This is valid for deals signed only after the player signs. Madrid's commercial department is top class, so when Madrid signed CR, they already had about 6m in new deals waiting to be signed. Ronaldo got richer, but so did Madrid. He has been there since 2009, which results in his value for Madrid increasing over the years. Every time a new deal is signed, or an old one renewed, Madrid make that much more.

Considering these 4 aspects, its easier to see why such fees are paid. Zidane's transfer (€73m in 2001 - for a 29yr old) was included in the Harvard Business School's case studies as an example of good football financial management, as the french star went on the provide the club 3 times what he cost (fee + wages) over the course of his 5 year contract. Hopefully he'll be a strong assistant manager too!
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by leggo: 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2013
Chartey:
no he's not
he is
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Demswear4u: 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2013
colo$$u$:

He's worth it (he'll generate massive returns) unlike ABU MIKEY MONKEY grin
sorry,there's no way bale can generate returns as huge as that.
He plays at a small club,came into lime-light last season.
He has not won any continental trophy or continental personal award.
He is only known in the Uk and maybe the US, Xavi laughed at the £85m price and said he has never even watched him play before.
Daniel levy is a greedy thief.
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Demswear4u: 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
Even the 2 PFA awards he won were underserved.
British bias was involved.
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by ebamma(m): 6:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
all thanks to Psg and mancity player prices are flying over the roof, if psg could pay 63million for cavani, then bale is worth 105 million
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Tualeboi(m): 6:14pm On Aug 02, 2013
This money is too much
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
I would also like to add that considering Levy has broken the Club Transfer record TWICE this season in signing Paulinho and Soldado, as well as signing Nacer Chadli, It is clearly evident that Spurs strengthening to challenge seriously for honours this season...

Why then should the chairman ruin all his good work by selling his best and only impact player, unless its for an amount that is too good to be true?

Madrid's relentless quest to sign Bale signifies that they simply regard the huge fee as the cost of doing business....They're even offered 2 additional players in Di Maria and Coentrao to sweeten the deal...

Nobody sanctions a deal of this magnitude unless they expect a significant ROI

Madrid have done their scouting and their projections...That's why they're still the Richest and Arguably biggest team in Global Football...Because they pay the cost to be the boss!
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by caukerzee(m): 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
Olutola88: Don't say that Neymar is a better player again. Pls don't!!! I detest hearing that statement. Is it the Neymar that dives like a swimmer? The Neymar that acts action film on the pitch? Too much of film trick for that movie actor jare. I don't even know who does more film tricks between Jetli and Neymar. NEYMAR IS OVERRATED while BALE IS OVER PRICED.
what has diving got to do with his quality? Neymar has over 100 club career goals. At 21 he already has 26 national team goals in just 37 apps. A better rate than every player at that age. Player of cofeds cup ahead of the great iniesta. Scored four goal of the tournament contending goals against including against the likes of buffon an cassilas?? And you call him overrated?? Get a life you jelous prick.

2 Likes

Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by orgasticdance: 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
50calibre: This is not an issue of whether or not he is worth £100M, it is given the current circumstances is he worth such amount of money? And my answer is

YES. Why?

1 - He is spurs most prized asset, and would not even consider selling him for something that isn't a record breaking fee

2 - The guy is still very young, fast, agile, skilful, has a knack for scoring goals and to top it all up, is improving everyday. That guy + C Ronaldo running 7 & 11 will be a wonder to behold.

3 - Should the guy go to Real Madrid and keep up with his scoring ways, I guarantee you Madrid is going to recuperate the money spent on him by winning the league, Champions league and jersey sales.

R u kidding me?

1. Nobody in his right senses would shell out more than 50 million pounds for someone who hasn't proven himself beyond one or two good seasons.
2. Bale doesn't have the gloss/marketing pull of a beckham or C.ronaldo, no guarantees he will recoup 100million pound of investment in jersey sales
3. He hasn't won anything, the likes of ronaldo delima, bekham, kaka and zidane were all winners before they were signed by the los galacticos
4. granted, he is spurs prize asset, and spurs are clearly trying to milk as much as they can get from madrid on this deal, but does that mean he is worth 100 million?? hell no.

In the end it is madrid's decision to make, and it could pan out either way, but for a young unproven winger at 100 million pounds All bets are off!!!
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
A front line of Bale, CR7, and Isco is enough to give Managers across Europe Heart Attacks, Defenders Nightmares, and Goal Keepers Eternal Nightmares

With Midfielders like Ozil,Modric, Alonso, and Di Maria pulling strings behind that front three.....

Barcelona is Fccked this season... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Dee60: 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
That is about N250 billion. That will solve ASUU's problems 5 times over. Build 6 world class hospitals, that is one in each geo-political zone in Nigeria.

All that for a PLAYER? Not worth it.
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by caukerzee(m): 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2013
texaco1:
According to sport tabloids today it is most likely that ronaldo will be leaving madrid this year I think that is the more reason madrid are desperate to sign bale.it is been rumoured that negotiations are already in advanced stages between ronaldo and man u.but even if ronaldo stays bale has no problems ,bale is a left footer that avb normally plays from the right so that he can cut in and take his shots ,he can play in the midfield
Let me put it to you that bale will become the flop of all history if he moves to madrid for that outrageous amount. He plays on the right, the position ronaldo plays. He cannot displace ronaldo. He chokes on the left. He cannot even make a decent cross from the left wing. I followed spurs games last season. The few games he played on the left or elsewhere, he choked. He cannot possibly displace ozil at the middle. And it would be ridiculous to play someone that cost 100M at right back. Only if ronaldo is sold. Even at that, he cannot replace ronaldo.
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by caukerzee(m): 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2013
texaco1:
According to sport tabloids today it is most likely that ronaldo will be leaving madrid this year I think that is the more reason madrid are desperate to sign bale.it is been rumoured that negotiations are already in advanced stages between ronaldo and man u.but even if ronaldo stays bale has no problems ,bale is a left footer that avb normally plays from the right so that he can cut in and take his shots ,he can play in the midfield
Let me put it to you that bale will become the flop of all history if he moves to madrid for that outrageous amount. He plays on the right, the position ronaldo plays. He cannot displace ronaldo. He chokes on the left. He cannot even make a decent cross from the left wing. I followed spurs games last season. The few games he played on the left or elsewhere, he choked. He cannot possibly displace ozil at the middle. And it would be ridiculous to play someone that cost 100M at right back. Only if ronaldo is sold. Even at that, he cannot replace ronaldo.
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by caukerzee(m): 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: Bale is a player with qualities so rare in modern football. He is a utility player with great techique. He can play in the hole, as a false nine, on the flanks and even at left back.
Not true! I watched all spurs games last season and all the games he did not play on the right wing, he choked.
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by meracool(m): 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2013
Since The Chairman Of Tottenham Board Is Daniel LEVY what do you Expect HIGH fee...!!!!

But It Will Be Cool For Bale To Move To Madrid...
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by OdeyTommy: 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
NO, he is not worth.
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
jackbauersballs: A front line of Bale, CR7, and Isco is enough to give Managers across Europe Heart Attacks, Defenders Nightmares, and Goal Keepers Eternal Nightmares

With Midfielders like Ozil,Modric, Alonso, and Di Maria pulling strings behind that front three.....

Barcelona is Fccked this season... cheesy
football is not all about names.4goten wat dortmond did 2 madrid?4goten wat bayern did to baka?Whr is mancity wit al their overhype squad?Bring dis same madrid squad u'v mention,dortmond can stil beat dem wella.
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 02, 2013
caukerzee: Let me put it to you that bale will become the flop of all history if he moves to madrid for that outrageous amount. He plays on the right, the position ronaldo plays. He cannot displace ronaldo. He chokes on the left. He cannot even make a decent cross from the left wing. I followed spurs games last season. The few games he played on the left or elsewhere, he choked. He cannot possibly displace ozil at the middle. And it would be ridiculous to play someone that cost 100M at right back. Only if ronaldo is sold. Even at that, he cannot replace ronaldo.

Bale is not replacing Ronaldo lol...Bale is Replacing Di Maria

Ronaldo and Bale free roles...switching all over the Pitch...

Defenders go weep cheesy
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
calddon: was fenando. torres worth £50 million when he was aquired by chelsea?
at least tores has scored more goals than bale will ever dream of and he has won mulitple trophies.what has bale achieved?
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Waspy(m): 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
Caveat Emptor...Beware! This property is not for sale. Buying is at buyer's risk
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
Me stil believe say even if madrid had bought neyma 4 5om,d profit 4rm d sale of kit wil stil beat dat of bale dat they say is worth 105m.
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
milehigh06:
at least tores has scored more goals than bale will ever dream of and he has won mulitple trophies.what has bale achieved?
ma broda,i dnt even know wat 2 say again.
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
colo$$u$:

He's worth it (he'll generate massive returns) unlike ABU MIKEY MONKEY grin
angryangryangry
If I catch you ehn....

angry

tongue
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by dlight1(m): 7:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
Capital No. His worth isn't even close to the price tag even £50 million pounds will still be considered too much for him by me
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by manmustwac(m): 7:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
Hes not worth £105 million but what do you expect us to do we love balebut its hard to say NO! to that kind of money
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by 50calibre(m): 7:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
orgasticdance:

R u kidding me?

1. Nobody in his right senses would shell out more than 50 million pounds for someone who hasn't proven himself beyond one or two good seasons.
2. Bale doesn't have the gloss/marketing pull of a beckham or C.ronaldo, no guarantees he will recoup 100million pound of investment in jersey sales
3. He hasn't won anything, the likes of ronaldo delima, bekham, kaka and zidane were all winners before they were signed by the los galacticos
4. granted, he is spurs prize asset, and spurs are clearly trying to milk as much as they can get from madrid on this deal, but does that mean he is worth 100 million?? hell no.

In the end it is madrid's decision to make, and it could pan out either way, but for a young unproven winger at 100 million pounds All bets are off!!!

You are missing the point! It not an issue of whether he is worth it or not, it's a matter of his current market value.

Bale may not be worth £100 million but at the moment, his demand, coupled with the tenacity with which spurs are willing to hold on to him, has shot up his market value. Don't be surprised if after one poor season, his value drops to £15 million, this is just like the stock market, his value could appreciate or depreciate drastically given different circumstances so my point is - at the moment is he worth such amount, and I say YES

Or do you think Madrid are fools, at the end if the day, succeeding in business is all about taking calculated risks, which I'm sure Madrid must have done before making such offer.
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by philybuck(m): 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2013
This is simply waste of money, Bale is an average player that shouldn't sell for more than £40m, though madrid's attack with Bale and Ronaldo will be deadly, but i see Ronaldo returning to United if that kinda amount is paid for Bale.
contactwale: When we talk of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, it is believed that no other player in the world is of the same calibre. But this past season, Gareth Bale at Tottenham has proved otherwise.

The Welshman has had an absolutely sensational 2012/13 campaign. He has not only been scoring a lot of goals, but has also developed his game in a variety of ways.

Bale joined Spurs in 2007 from Southampton for a fee of £7m.

The 2012/13 season began with Tottenham challenging for the Champions League spot. Bale proved to be extremely important in Spurs living up to their ability.

The Wales international has scored 26 goals and picked up eight assists in all competitions this season and has rightfully been named as the PFA Player and Young Player of the Year - and also the Football Writers’ Player of the Year.

It's going to take a word-record fee for Real Madrid to prise Gareth Bale away from Tottenham but is the winger really worth £100million?

Real Madrid think so. They think it would be money well spent but some analysts disagree with the Spanish giants.

What about you? Do you think Bale is worth £85m. Yes or No?

Click "Like" in the YES and NO posts below so that we can have your opinion.

Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
Bale and CR7 targeting slow and flat footed Piqué'

He'd better take waist lessons from his wife... cheesy
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by colossus2: 7:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
caukerzee: He plays on the right, the position ronaldo plays. He cannot displace ronaldo. He chokes on the left. He cannot even make a decent cross from the left wing. I followed spurs games last season. The few games he played on the left or elsewhere, he choked.
Is your brain damp? Does Ronaldo play on the right? Are you trying to say before Lennon got injured and returned Lennon was playing on the left? Bale played a free role last season mainly left wing and central role (choking on the left?). A left footer who can't make a cross from the left wing?
I'm a Spurs fan, so don't spew rubbish cos you never followed any Spurs match apart from the key matches wit the top 4.
Re: Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
colo$$u$:

Is your brain damp? Does Ronaldo play on the right? Are you trying to say before Lennon got injured and returned Lennon was playing on the left? Bale played a free role last season mainly left wing and central role (choking on the left?). A left footer who can't make a cross from the left wing?
I'm a Spurs fan, so don't spew rubbish cos you never followed any Spurs match apart from the key matches wit the top 4.

Are you minding the novice?

Ask him what position Bale played when Spuds were chanting 'Taxi for Maicon' 2 seasons ago cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1 - 0 ) On 1st September 2013 / Manchester City Vs Nottingham Forest (6 - 0) On 31st August 2022 / Brentford Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.