Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,454 members, 7,954,784 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:15 AM

My Encounter With A Company In Britain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Encounter With A Company In Britain (986 Views)

Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari / My Encounter With Captain Buhari / My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With A Company In Britain by sarutobie(m): 11:22am On Aug 01, 2013
They say seeing is believing,well I didn't need to cross the atlantic before I could experience the negative reputation our country is exuding.I ordered for a wooden staunton chess board produced by a company in britain,and to my utmost dismay(and embarrasment I must say) I got a blunt and derogatory reply saying they couldn't send their product to nigeria because of 'so much corruption in Nigeria'..I was jolted back to a rude awakening,to the reality of the growing cancerous stain soiling our image as nigerians.it is True that a majority of nigerians are not 'bad' but my people say 'when a finger touches a palm-oil,it spreads the oil to the other fingers'.the 'he is not from my state/tribe' mentality has got to stop.to the outsider,we are all nigerians.We have to start doing a reality check on ourselves,the various instituitions(the family,communities,churches,mosques) should re-trace back to the fundamentals on which this great nation(and every other great nation) was built,which is Love,peace,hardwork,justice and unity..together we stand,divide we fall.

Re: My Encounter With A Company In Britain by nedu2000(m): 11:47am On Aug 01, 2013
I still keep hold of my stance dat И̣̣̣̥o honest foreign company can thrive in Nigeria.SHELL,MTN,CCECC,julius berger are all built on corruption
Re: My Encounter With A Company In Britain by israel007: 11:56am On Aug 01, 2013
They are not better than we are. The bloody guy doesn't even know business. If the likes of amazon eBay etc can send things to Nigeria, who the hell is this bleeping blinking baxtard.

He even has the effrontery to put that in print and you never considered taking it up?

Write a letter to their high commission, cc the president, foreign affairs, their queen and Cameron

Bloody people

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Company In Britain by sarutobie(m): 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
israel007: They are not better than we are. The bloody guy doesn't even know business. If the likes of amazon eBay etc can send things to Nigeria, who the hell is this bleeping blinking baxtard.

He even has the effrontery to put that in print and you never considered taking it up?

Write a letter to their high commission, cc the president, foreign affairs, their queen and Cameron

Bloody people
When I got that reply,I was hit with a myriad of emotion..didn't know if I was to get angry or embarrased at such a reply..or even to laugh at such a misconstrued notion of nigerians..and I thought they(the europeans) were enlightened most.
Re: My Encounter With A Company In Britain by keeeem: 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
Op you messed us up. I do not know the intention of this post but man if you want to help this country, try to ensure that you defend Nigeria since you are sure that you are not part of the small bunch of unscrupulous people.

Kindly take a cue from the mail trail below

The first mail

We have cancelled your order #910844 because we are unable to verify orders attached to credit cards from Nigeria.

My response to them

Hello Customer Service,

I must be frank, I am disenchanted with the whole team at Cookies. My wife's attempt at buying from cookies has left a sour taste in the mouth.

We did checkout of items since 30th October and was asked to confirm the order some days after. It took 1 whole week for someone to get back to me to request for the same information I have provided a week earlier only for me to now get the mail below and nobody could even offer apologies whatsoever.

If you must know, my wife's quest to make money during the yuletide has suffered a setback because she is even confused to place order on any other site. This is gross customer disservice.

I believe every organisation has a right to its own policies and I do not have a problem with that but it also makes for good customer experience to get the notice of decline early.

It is unfortunate that Cookies has decided to be a victim of the danger of a single story where all Nigerians in their thinking is labelled a criminal. Will it be logical if by this experience I go on to tell any Nigerian I know that all US companies are business demotivators? To me 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Nigeria as a country has very honest and upright individuals who do legitimate work to earn a living. You requested for my details, I supplied every damn thing including the photo page of my international passport as well as images of my credit card. I do not think that should be an issue.

Anyway Cookies has a right to whatever views it has about Nigerians. Yes we do have a few criminals in our midst but that does not make all of us one. We are going through a process and by the grace of God we shall get there and shall overcome all negativities we currently enjoy.

I think as an intending customer, I deserve a better treatment than what I have got from cookies and I must say I am dissatisfied with you guys.

The response to my mail

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us here at CookiesKids. We are so very sorry for the email that you received. We are able to take orders from any foreign card but only with verification. We do not offer shipping to Nigeria due to the postal regulations that we have to go through. If you would like to ship to a freight forward company that can forward the items to you we can do that without issue. Again we are very sorry for the email that was sent to you. Any further communication please feel free to email me direct at erin@cookieskids.com.

Have a great day and should you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact us again!

So at all times, be an ambassador of your country and a good one at that.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Company In Britain by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
nedu2000: I still keep hold of my stance dat И̣̣̣̥o honest foreign company can thrive in Nigeria.SHELL,MTN,CCECC,julius berger are all built on corruption
1000000000 likes.
Re: My Encounter With A Company In Britain by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
OP, that is a very rude remark for any professional salesman or customer service person to make about a country. I would take exception to that and give him a jibe. I am also surprised because a typical Briton would be more diplomatic in his response. He sould have just said they do not supply to Nigeria. I would not be surprised if the person you spoke to is Indian or Pakistani.

I am not saying there is no corruption in Nigeria, and there is lots of it. We have given ourselves a bad name especially in the UK so we have some image rebranding to do. However, that does not mean some goon should just stigmatise a country to a prospective customer.
Re: My Encounter With A Company In Britain by sambos994(m): 4:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
keeeem: Op you messed us up. I do not know the intention of this post but man if you want to help this country, try to ensure that you defend Nigeria since you are sure that you are not part of the small bunch of unscrupulous people.

The first mail

We have cancelled your order #910844 because we are unable to verify orders attached to credit cards from Nigeria.

My response to them

Hello Customer Service,

I must be frank, I am disenchanted with the whole team at Cookies. My wife's attempt at buying from cookies has left a sour taste in the mouth.

We did checkout of items since 30th October and was asked to confirm the order some days after. It took 1 whole week for someone to get back to me to request for the same information I have provided a week earlier only for me to now get the mail below and nobody could even offer apologies whatsoever.

If you must know, my wife's quest to make money during the yuletide has suffered a setback because she is even confused to place order on any other site. This is gross customer disservice.

I believe every organisation has a right to its own policies and I do not have a problem with that but it also makes for good customer experience to get the notice of decline early.

It is unfortunate that Cookies has decided to be a victim of the danger of a single story where all Nigerians in their thinking is labelled a criminal. Will it be logical if by this experience I go on to tell any Nigerian I know that all US companies are business demotivators? To me 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Nigeria as a country has very honest and upright individuals who do legitimate work to earn a living. You requested for my details, I supplied every damn thing including the photo page of my international passport as well as images of my credit card. I do not think that should be an issue.

Anyway Cookies has a right to whatever views it has about Nigerians. Yes we do have a few criminals in our midst but that does not make all of us one. We are going through a process and by the grace of God we shall get there and shall overcome all negativities we currently enjoy.

I think as an intending customer, I deserve a better treatment than what I have got from cookies and I must say I am dissatisfied with you guys.

The response to my mail

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us here at CookiesKids. We are so very sorry for the email that you received. We are able to take orders from any foreign card but only with verification. We do not offer shipping to Nigeria due to the postal regulations that we have to go through. If you would like to ship to a freight forward company that can forward the items to you we can do that without issue. Again we are very sorry for the email that was sent to you. Any further communication please feel free to email me direct at erin@cookieskids.com.

Have a great day and should you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Cheers

Class cool cool cool cool
Re: My Encounter With A Company In Britain by sarutobie(m): 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
keeeem: Op you messed us up. I do not know the intention of this post but man if you want to help this country, try to ensure that you defend Nigeria since you are sure that you are not part of the small bunch of unscrupulous people.

The first mail

My response to them

Hello Customer Service,

The response to my mail

Hello,

Cheers

^^Noted

(1) (Reply)

Like Others, Fasola's Father Was Also Flown Abroad / Comrade Reuben Izeze Network For Grassroot Development Empowers 50 Women, 5 Boys / Conference Report’ll Be Subjected To Referendum -okurounmu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.