Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,673 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Can D Lagos State Govt B Dis Wicked??!!! Letter Frm Gov. Peter Obi To GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can D Lagos State Govt B Dis Wicked??!!! Letter Frm Gov. Peter Obi To GEJ (763 Views)

Ex Gov. Peter Obi Officially Resumes Work As SEC Chairman (photos) / Stop Fighting Obiano, Monarch Tells Ex-gov Peter Obi / Dora Akunyili & Gov. Peter Obi Are Hypocrites– Dr. Chris Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can D Lagos State Govt B Dis Wicked??!!! Letter Frm Gov. Peter Obi To GEJ by feranchek78: 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2013
LETTER FROM MR. PETER OBI, ANAMBRA STATE GOVERNOR TO PRESIDENT
GOODLUCK JONATHAN ON THE DEPORTATION OUTRAGE OF THE LASG.
Your Excellency Sir,
I wish to respectfully bring to your due attention a very disturbing
development that has vast national security and political implications. Last
September and again on 24 July 2013, the Lagos State Government contrived
inexplicable reasons to round up Nigerians, whom they alleged were Anambra
indigenes (most of whom the SSS report shows clearly are not from Anambra
state) and forcefully deported them to Anambra state, dumping them as it
were in the commercial city of Onitsha (see attached SSS report).
This latest callous act, in which Lagos State did not even bother to consult
with Anambra State authorities, before deporting 72 persons considered to
be of Igbo extraction to Anambra State, is illegal, unconstitutional and a
blatant violation of the human rights of these individuals and of the
Nigerian Constitution.
Your Excellency, no amount of offense committed by these people, even if
deemed extremely criminal, would justify or warrant such cruel action by a
State authority and in a democracy. Even refugees are protected by the
law. Furthermore, the extant provisions of the Nigerian Constitution states:
“Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and
to reside in any part, thereof, and no citizen shall be expelled from Nigeria
or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom”.
Sir, forced deportation such as this, which Lagos State seems to be making a
norm in addressing its domestic challenges are egregious, and calls into
question the validity of Nigeria and its federating components. Such acts
violate human decency, the rule of law and constitutionally ordered liberties.
Were Anambra and other States in the federation to resort to such extreme
measures, there would be total anarchy.
It would amount to complicity on the part of the states and the federal
government, if this issue is not thoroughly investigated and some form of
censure brought to bear on Lagos State. I suggest, Sir, that you direct the
Attorney-General of the Federation to investigate these incidents.
Naturally, I have the obligation to protect the interest and welfare of all
Nigerians resident in Anambra State irrespective of their States of origin
and I would be left no option other than reciprocity or reprisal. I will,
however, put any such reaction in abeyance until Your Excellency has had the
opportunity to address our concerns.
Please accept, Your Excellency, the renewed assurances of my highest
regards.
Peter Obi, CON
Governor, Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: Can D Lagos State Govt B Dis Wicked??!!! Letter Frm Gov. Peter Obi To GEJ by Nkemtreasure: 2:20pm On Aug 01, 2013
Nice. A very matured way to address this issue.

1 Like

Re: Can D Lagos State Govt B Dis Wicked??!!! Letter Frm Gov. Peter Obi To GEJ by Dreal1247: 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2013
Well done my Gov. U should av attached the hand of fellowship that you extended to them in Anambra State by providing a piece of land for non indigens. I believe this issue will be adequately taken care of.
Re: Can D Lagos State Govt B Dis Wicked??!!! Letter Frm Gov. Peter Obi To GEJ by malele(m): 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
Fashola is a tout like the omoniles
Re: Can D Lagos State Govt B Dis Wicked??!!! Letter Frm Gov. Peter Obi To GEJ by Emperor007: 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
Lagos governor should take it easy, it's still on Nigeria.

Stop showing others that you don't care they exist.

cry

Re: Can D Lagos State Govt B Dis Wicked??!!! Letter Frm Gov. Peter Obi To GEJ by malele(m): 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
really, how i wish onitsha seaport is working,all these insults one receive in this country wont be happening
Re: Can D Lagos State Govt B Dis Wicked??!!! Letter Frm Gov. Peter Obi To GEJ by Duru1(m): 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
How did acronym, SAN, come to associate with Fashola, the governor of Lagos State?
Re: Can D Lagos State Govt B Dis Wicked??!!! Letter Frm Gov. Peter Obi To GEJ by 2mch(m): 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
How and why can the owners of Lagos by whining this much and crying Na dem dem first port Other people from other states have been ported. After all the boasting and arrogance. Next stop, arresting and prosecuting/ death sentence for those who sell fake drugs and kill lagosians. Fake drugs, fake spare parts, kidnapping. Time to clamp down on illegal trade in Lagos. Go and poison and kill your own people. All of them una wan bring come Lagos. Obi, take care of your poor or send them to Aso rock to that GEJ can feed them out of the 1billion. If you did not steal the money needed for your people, they will not come to Lagos to be a nuisance. Charity begins at home. Start by writing a letter of acknowledged failure to yourself. SMH

(1) (Reply)

Will Ghana Get A New President Today (Supreme Court delivers judgement Today) / Allyson Madueke Escapes Sack As Jonathan Axes 9 Ministers / PDP Crisis A Blessing To APC – Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.