Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic (45074 Views)

Niger Republic President Campaigns With Buhari's Photo / Troops Kill Notorious Boko Haram Leader, Others, Recover Weapons From Them / Police Arrest Ekiti APC Leader, Others For Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by naijacenter(f): 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
The Defence Headquarters on Thursday gave insights into how a Boko Haram leader and other suspected members of the sect were captured in Niger Republic.

All the suspects are presently undergoing interrogation in an unnamed military facility.

According to a statement issued by the Director of Defence Information, Brig.-Gen. Chris Olukolade, the breakthrough was recorded through intelligence gathering.

He said the intention of the sect leader and those arrested was to rearm from Niger Republic and launch deadly attacks on Nigerian communities.

The statement said: “The plan by a band of terrorists who relocated to Niger Republic to remobilize and rearm insurgents with the aim of carrying out fresh terrorists attacks on some Nigerian communities has been foiled.

“The leader of the group who had fled Nigeria when the terrorist camps were sacked was reportedly recruiting fresh hands and training them for renewed terrorist activities in Nigeria.

“The intention of the group is to focus its attacks on some towns around the Nigeria-Niger Republic border.”

“Intelligence operatives of the Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) had been on the trail of the leader until he was eventually arrested in Karanga, Niger Republic on Saturday with the cooperation of Nigerien forces.

“His other accomplices were later picked up in other villages in Nigeria. They are currently being interrogated.

A source, who spoke in confidence, added: “Investigation revealed that following their dislodgement from their camps in Nigeria, the Boko Haram leader relocated to Niger Republic with his cell members.

“While in Niger Republic, they tried to regroup and recruit more hands to be able to attack Nigerian communities. When we got intelligence report, we contacted our Nigerien counterpart. The Boko Haram suspects were trailed and their leader was captured.

“We succeeded in arresting other members of the cell and they were brought down to Nigeria from Niger.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/boko-haram-leader-others-captured-in-niger-republic/
http://www.naijacenter.com/boko-haram-leader-others-captured-in-niger-republic

11 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by OmoOshodi(m): 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2013
At last I made it.....I never believed this could happen in my life time..................anyway I no believe this story because tomorrow na another thing we go dey hear............*bokoHaram leader found/spotted in Spain*

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by peleson: 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
The more I want to believe, the more I find it hard

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by Austeenxx: 10:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
How many times will they capture the leader of Boko Haram?

44 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by mike404(m): 10:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
BUHARI OR SHECOW

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 01, 2013
I thought the boko haram leader was trapped on one of the borno hills? is borno now in Niger?

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by deekseen(m): 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2013
If the captured leader isn't Shekau then they're still on a long thing.

8 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by kufre2010: 11:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
I wil not comment until i hear frm a reliable source.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 02, 2013
[size=15pt]very soon we wud hear dat he his contesting as president[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by supaeagles(m): 12:25am On Aug 02, 2013
deekseen: If the captured leader isn't Shekau then they're still on a long thing.
Exactly - the title of this thread is misleading and just put in FP to draw traffic angry

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by remsong: 12:27am On Aug 02, 2013
The Leader no get name nee?? More to it, am happy i activated NL mobile alert!!
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by Shedysworld(m): 12:28am On Aug 02, 2013
is it shekau? if not this makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by 2goodbobo(m): 12:29am On Aug 02, 2013
Leader! Leader !! Leader !!! Don't he have a name? Smh

9 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by esscence00: 12:30am On Aug 02, 2013
The leader no get name?

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by infobiz9ja(m): 12:31am On Aug 02, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 02, 2013
O-ay, one down...
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 02, 2013
Make I still dey form sleep
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by dedons: 12:32am On Aug 02, 2013
I no wan hear anytin abt BH again

CASE CLOSED!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by KwoiZabo(m): 12:32am On Aug 02, 2013
then who are those that claim to have deposed shekau. and negotiating amnesty.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 02, 2013
mike404: BUHARI OR SHECOW

Buhari
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by Siga: 12:36am On Aug 02, 2013
... smoked weed trying to believe this grin .... but its still difficult ...I just can't.... undecided
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by Opey4luv(m): 12:36am On Aug 02, 2013
I don't trust these guys again, for the sake of innocent Nigerians dying, keep the intels secret, carry out the operations and come and give up positive results instead of this poo you're giving us.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 02, 2013
Omo_Oshodi: Source

Mayonnaise..

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by dedons: 12:37am On Aug 02, 2013
infobiz9ja: .
you are under arrest
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by sugaarbear(m): 12:38am On Aug 02, 2013
Abeg i no understand this boko haram news again o...how many times dem go catch the leader

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 02, 2013
peleson: The more I want to believe, the more I find it hard

They are just foools. Where is Shekau written in this worthless news report? Until you capture or kill Shekau, Boko Haram is going no where. He ll soon release another video mocking Jonathan. Capture ko capture ni.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by dedons: 12:39am On Aug 02, 2013
ighoosagie: [size=15pt]very soon we wud hear dat he his contesting as president[/size]
under APC

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by Opey4luv(m): 12:41am On Aug 02, 2013
I don't trust these guys again, for the sake of innocent Nigerians dying, keep the intels secret, carry out the operations and come and give us positive results instead of this poo you're giving us.
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by israel007: 12:41am On Aug 02, 2013
GEJ is working. Bloody Buhari
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by WizPrince1(m): 12:41am On Aug 02, 2013
Hmmm...
Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by sandysprax(m): 12:42am On Aug 02, 2013
Austeenxx: How many times will they capture the leader of Boko Haram?

lmaoooo. Beats me to be honest. Apparently, they've been capturing his numerous doubles or quadruples as the case may be. Reminds me of The Dictator. lol. Let's hope this one is the real deal.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Leader, Others Captured In Niger Republic by lecrae(m): 12:42am On Aug 02, 2013
Mtchew, capture shekau n not d petty leaders as i guess dis wil be, see as d topic carry my heart away , abi no be shekau una say dem remove nw?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: PDP Eyes Northwest As Party Sets To Dump Atiku, Saraki / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / Niger-Delta Avengers Blow Up Oil Pipelines To Warri,Kaduna Refineries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.