Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

- Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (2685 Views)

Catholicism: The Naivety And Gullibility Of Catholic Followers / The Dedication Of Catholic Church, Nkpor Anambra (Photos) / Video Of Catholic Priest Mastubating In Front Of Congregation During Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

by profstar(m): 10:14pm On Aug 01, 2013

2 Likes

Re: by italo: 1:32am On Aug 02, 2013
Open your mind. The man referred to homosexual acts as sin...but that he wont judge a repentant gay person. I doubt you have seen a comprehensive transcipt of the chat. You only saw the part that the pro-abortion western media want you to see. And you have concluded exactly what they want you to conclude.

But I say to you: OPEN YOUR MIND!

3 Likes

Re: by Rich4god(m): 9:50am On Aug 02, 2013
What is the different between what the Pope said and what Christ said to Magdalene.

1 Like

Re: by profstar(m): 10:40am On Aug 02, 2013
Re: by profstar(m): 10:45am On Aug 02, 2013
Rich4god: What is the different between what the Pope said and what Christ said to Magdalene.
never compare Jesus words with the pope's word. Nevertheless
forgiveness is only for someone who is sorry for his/ her sin(s), but am not seeing any turn out from homosexual infact it's looking like there is a high degree of it's imposition on others.
Re: by lacum: 10:54am On Aug 02, 2013
@profta, ur statement here shows that ur not sincere and that ur only trying to talk against the pope which is not good. this topic have been treated severally so i dont think u have a point here. the pope's interview have been clarrified even for a child to understand. so dont be a trouble maker.
Re: by profstar(m): 11:14am On Aug 02, 2013
Re: by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
op, I will just like to point out that leviticus is old testament. cheesy
Re: by italo: 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
profstar:
Why speak on only gay if he knows it a sin, why can't he just speak on all sins if he doesn't want people to misunderstand him except and only if there is something his hidding under his cunning tongue.

Because he was asked about "gay."

Again, I say: OPEN YOUR MIND!

Dont close it up in negative sentiments.
Re: by italo: 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
profstar:
never compare Jesus words with the pope's word. Nevertheless
forgiveness is only for someone who is sorry for his/ her sin(s), but am not seeing any turn out from homosexual infact it's looking like there is a high degree of it's imposition on others.

But the pope was talking about repentant gay people.

OPEN YOUR MIND!
Re: by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 02, 2013
profstar: I can't imagine that my thought about catholic could be changed, i felt really bad,when he (pope francis) gave the speech which he use cunningful words to take side on homosexuals. I know many of us felt disappointed too. Though I've come to know that anybody can fall or change and it shouldn't be blamed on the general organization.

God specifically pointed out categorically in LEVITICUS 20 vs. 17 that homosexual is wrong, why then will someone use a cunning speech to embrace it, am sorry to say, it look like what 2 CHRONICLE 18 vs. 22 says, is coming to pass, where Lying spirit was placed on prophets, I wonder what spirit will be on the followers then.

It should be clearly stated out that Culturally, it is wrong, Naturally, it's not the way it ought to be, Morally, it is disappointing, Mentally, it's insane, Physically, it is disgusting, Spiritually, it's a taboo, communitically, it's an exileable act, Personally, it's totally irritating, Sexually, it's a degrade on the opposite sex's pride.

How then will we generally accept this evil act? NEVER!. even blind animals can never do the mistake to invade similar sex.
If I have more adverbs i would have continue, pls expose your thought too.
Let spread the news to stop this "virus".

I don't think your initial view of the Catholic church was any better than it is now.
Re: by profstar(m): 7:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
Re: by profstar(m): 7:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
Re: by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
profstar:
why don't you read the post over again and RETHINK

No thank you!!!

The time I wasted the first time is more than enough.
Re: by HezronLorraine(m): 8:21pm On Aug 02, 2013
Another one.okay. undecided
Re: by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
profstar:
why don't you then tear out old testament from your bible then, from your name "Alfa" i wonder what a muslim know about bible self.

Do you also abide by the old testament's killing spree? And an eye for an eye? Or you just do selective judgement.

1 Like

Re: by profstar(m): 11:32am On Aug 05, 2013
Re: by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 07, 2013
profstar:
in the words of Jesus he said he hasn't come to destroy the law (old testament) however, he made necessary corrections to it while the other laws still stands, for example, "love you neighbour as your friend" is a correction to "an eye for an eye" law, take note: Jesus never made any correction to homosexual sin, therefore it remains an abomination!!!

I believe "love your neighbour as you love yourself" covers everything. So stick to that smiley

1 Like

Re: by Dazl(f): 9:21am On Aug 07, 2013
Hate the sin,not the sinner.op,you are doing exactly what the scribes did in the bible.you think you are better than homosexuals.do you know that a single lie and accusation of a holy faithful of God can land you in same hell where fornicators,thieves,and all sinners will be?how different are those sins from that of the homosexuals?guilty of one,is guilty of all.there is no big or small sin in Christianity
that said:the pope said how can he judge homos that SEEK THE FACE OF GOD.anyone who seeks God is simply asking for mercy and grace not to sin again...
I ask you op...WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ANY SINNER WHO SEEKS THE FACE OF GOd....
who are you to judge any sinner whether he seeks God or not.if your blood was precious wouldn't you have been the one to die for us sinners?
he that thinks he stands take heed least he falls.
thinking you stand is very different from KNOWING you stand...PEACE
Re: by amanda2013(f): 9:54am On Aug 07, 2013
Dazl: Hate the sin,not the sinner.op,you are doing exactly what the scribes did in the bible.you think you are better than homosexuals.do you know that a single lie and accusation of a holy faithful of God can land you in same hell where fornicators,thieves,and all sinners will be?how different are those sins from that of the homosexuals?guilty of one,is guilty of all.there is no big or small sin in Christianity
that said:the pope said how can he judge homos that SEEK THE FACE OF GOD.anyone who seeks God is simply asking for mercy and grace not to sin again...
I ask you op...WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ANY SINNER WHO SEEKS THE FACE OF GOd....
who are you to judge any sinner whether he seeks God or not.if your blood was precious wouldn't you have been the one to die for us sinners?
he that thinks he stands take heed least he falls.
thinking you stand is very different from KNOWING you stand...PEACE
thank u veri much.
Re: by profstar(m): 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
Re: by Kay17: 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
^^^ Look at it as an addiction, as a struggle. Hence the gay individual is appealing to God's grace for deliverance and redemption. The sinner recognises his burden and has a change of heart but still struggles to leave sin.

However whether it is a sin or not, does not and should not affect the civil and political rights of the gay person.

1 Like

Re: by Kay17: 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
profstar:
It should be clearly stated out that Culturally, it is wrong, Naturally, it's not the way it ought to be, Morally, it is disappointing, Mentally, it's insane, Physically, it is disgusting, Spiritually, it's a taboo, communitically, it's an exileable act, Personally, it's totally irritating, Sexually, it's a degrade on the opposite sex's pride.

This is highly subjective. You have not pooled together the multitude moralities and cultures in our world and carefully pointed out the universal abhorrence of homosexuality.

I don't know what standard you use to judge the natural, and culture and morality go hand in hand.

1 Like

Re: by profstar(m): 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2013
Re: by profstar(m): 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2013
Re: by Kay17: 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2013
profstar:
nATURALLY:The male organ and female organ are certainly constructed for male-female intercourse. When one try to find alternatives to that, then one is against nature(contradicting nature)
When we talk about what is normal, we are talking about what is in accordance with the norm; what is common. When we talk about what is natural, we are talking about what is inaccordance with nature.

First of all, what "constructed" the male and female parts for intercourse and to what purpose? Reproduction or Pleasure?
Re: by profstar(m): 9:43pm On Aug 08, 2013
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 11:27pm On Aug 08, 2013
profstar:
Hello, you won't expect me to answer that question when you already know the answer

im happy with bolded above!
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 11:49pm On Aug 08, 2013
Kay 17:

First of all, what "constructed" the male and female parts for intercourse and to what purpose? Reproduction or Pleasure?

foolish question! are you with your christian senses you have contracted a virus disturbing your system! cant you use the bible again? allude your question to what the holy scripture approves! maybe you need to know why sodom and gomorah was destroyed because of men laying with men, which hurt God.

remember that those doing Gods will only will be saved, so you need to"disown yourself"and follow God way of life!

1 Like

Re: by BERNIMOORE: 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
Kay 17:

Atheists kind of question!

the catholics believed that st peter is the first pope,

then see what peter had to say which pope francis have failed woefully to do,

2 Peter 2:6-7
New King James Version (NKJV)

6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction,[size=28pt] making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly[/size]; 7 and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked

keep hardening your heart;

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
New King James Version (NKJV)

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [size=28pt]homosexuals, nor sodomites[/size], 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners [size=28pt]will inherit the kingdom of God"[/size].

1 Like

Re: by Kay17: 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

foolish question! are you with your christian senses you have contracted a virus disturbing your system! cant you use the bible again? allude your question to what the holy scripture approves! maybe you need to know why sodom and gomorah was destroyed because of men laying with men, which hurt God.

remember that those doing Gods will only will be saved, so you need to"disown yourself"and follow God way of life!

1. You fail to properly define what really is "natural". You leave doubt as to whether what is natural is what's common or what is consequentially possible. If a penis fits into a palm, and as a consequence the reward of pleasure is derived, then masturbation can be said to be natural. On the other hand, if what's natural is whatever is common, then we are faced with denying as natural relationships btw causes and effects which are rare.

2. Assuming we agree on what is natural, then we should be aware that whatever is natural is not necessarily moral. The standards of morality is distinct from that of Nature. The fact that we walk, does not imply that walking is moral and anything contrary to that is immoral. So to trace the natural by virtue of being natural to morals is absurd.

3. It is not everything that is natural that is beneficial. Predators in the wild, viruses being natural are not beneficial to our survival.

My conclusion: even if homosexuality is unnatural (which I don't concede to), it is not immoral by virtue of that.

1 Like

Re: by BERNIMOORE: 11:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
Kay 17:

1. You fail to properly define what really is "natural". You leave doubt as to whether what is natural is what's common or what is consequentially possible. If a penis fits into a palm, and as a consequence the reward of pleasure is derived, then masturbation can be said to be natural. On the other hand, if what's natural is whatever is common, then we are faced with denying as natural relationships btw causes and effects which are rare.

2. Assuming we agree on what is natural, then we should be aware that whatever is natural is not necessarily moral. The standards of morality is distinct from that of Nature. The fact that we walk, does not imply that walking is moral and anything contrary to that is immoral. So to trace the natural by virtue of being natural to morals is absurd.

3. It is not everything that is natural that is beneficial. Predators in the wild, viruses being natural are not beneficial to our survival.

My conclusion: even if homosexuality is unnatural (which I don't concede to), it is not immoral by virtue of that.

it is obvious that you cannot even allude your points to ANY bible verses? so it renders your points invalid null void and of no use, you opinions here are like a virus, the harm is just same like virus, if you want us to talk, bring forth or allude your points to the bible, or else, your claims are empty

have i even agreed a common ground with you? your empty philosophies are exposed in the bible that is why you fear using any part of the bible, it is a shame on you grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The God Of Chosen? – A Python! / Why The Atheists Attack Christianity? Answer To The Transgender / The Implications Of Inbreeding as practised In Muslim Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.