Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

- Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (2683 Views)

Catholicism: The Naivety And Gullibility Of Catholic Followers / The Dedication Of Catholic Church, Nkpor Anambra (Photos) / Video Of Catholic Priest Mastubating In Front Of Congregation During Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Kay17: 12:14am On Aug 10, 2013
^^
You must be new on Nairaland/Religion. However I will find a biblical overriding passage over all others:

Love your neighbour as your self. In other words altruism. If altruism is the only morality in Christianity, then is condemning and depriving homosexuals civil and political rights altruistic??
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 8:59pm On Aug 10, 2013
Kay 17: ^^
You must be new on Nairaland/Religion. However I will find a biblical overriding passage over all others:

Love your neighbour as your self. In other words altruism. If altruism is the only morality in Christianity, then is condemning and depriving homosexuals civil and political rights altruistic??

you claim to produce a biblical overriding passage over all others but actually produced a 'second command dependent on the first and supreme command' maybe thats why you cant quote the bible verse, and worse still you still went ahead and mention the content, but let me show your failure;

mark 12:29-31,

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 30[size=14pt] Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.[/size]’[size=18pt] 31 The second is this[/size]: [size=14pt]‘Love your neighbor as yourself[/size].

[size=14pt]now rate yourself, as an old Nairalander/Religion user

you lied![/size]

1st lie exposed! tagged (1*A) by substituting the second command by jesus as the first, and trying to water down Gods clear command!

1 Like

Re: by BERNIMOORE: 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
kay17

Love your neighbour as your self. In other words altruism. If altruism is the only morality in Christianity, then is condemning and depriving homosexuals civil and political rights altruistic??. In other words altruism. If altruism is the only morality in Christianity, then is condemning and depriving homosexuals civil and political rights altruistic??

another grievious mistake you are making here is that you tried to amalgamate the concepts of the 'second command'..."Love your neighbour as your self as altruism. a philosophical concept, now listen, the terms and conditions that altruism concept was derived may be similar to the 'second command' above but are NOT the same.

while altruism may entertain no strict conditions for its applications, its NOT the same with jesus "second command" which states that 'Love your neighbour as your self'

why?

the first line of not compactibility is first on the grounds of strict christian faith, which does not join issues with philosophical concepts, sorry, you may speculate that the second command is same as altruism but NO! it will be hard pressed for you to even find the word a-l-t-r-u-i-s-m in the bible! it may sound somehow but that is the truth!

we have greek philosophers around apostle paul then, but see what paul just has to say about these philosophical concepts as 'EMPTY'

Colossians 2:8

[size=14pt]See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ[/size].

can you see the difference struck here.... "human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world" "rather than on Christ"

compare what you considered below ahead of christ

kay 17: then is condemning and depriving homosexuals[b] civil and political rights[/b]

1 Like

Re: by BERNIMOORE: 10:04pm On Aug 10, 2013
secondly,

you accepted the command below as the supreme command,

[size=14pt]30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[/size]

of which the second is dependent

31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.

now, lets start from the first supreme command

[size=14pt]30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[/size][/color]

we are to love God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength

then HOW DO WE LOVE GOD THAT WE DO NOT SEE?

below shed more light on that;

Psalm 97:10

[size=18pt]10 Let those who love the Lord. hate evil,[/size]
for he guards the lives of his faithful ones
and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

[size=14pt]now comes where the truth is beign DRIBBLED LIKE FOOTBALL,

ME I WILL HAMMER THE TRUTH[/size],

it has been often said by some shameless so called christians homo apologists that 'hate the act and not the person'

I want to state clearly that UNLESS A PERSON WHO IS A GAY STOPS PRACTICING THE BAD ACT, he is only awaiting Gods wrath, [size=14pt]again, you cannot be practicing a homosexual continously and SAYS THAT YOU ARE SEEKING GODS FAVOR,
[/size]
i state Categorically here without any form of regret whatsoever that IT IS A LIE, you have to exercise your faith WITH WORKS.

[size=14pt]Again if we are to 'hate the act and not the person' then bible is a liar! [/size] but[size=14pt] not only those who practice the homosexual, but those who approve those people are in great danger of Gods wrath[/size], lets read it together, i believe that some will not cut this page out after reading! grin grin grin grin

Romans 1:27-32

27 Likewise also the [size=18pt]men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.[/size]

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness,[size=18pt] sexual immorality[/size], wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,[b] unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, [size=28pt]that those who practice such things are deserving of death[/size],[size=28pt] not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.[/size]
[size=28pt]gbam!!!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: by BERNIMOORE: 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
Again if you have been infected with the virus that says;'hate the act and not the person'

kindly read who will be accountable for those acts maybe the person will be judged separately from his acts or not

(Rev 20:12).
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. [size=18pt]The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books[/size]

furumites;

i may have sound very hard, its not me, these has been penned down for more than 2000 yrs, for our benefits, it will be a sin for me to hide this from you and follow the of the so called pope francis, with good conscience, i want t say it is not compulsory for the hard heartened one to accept this, but it is neccesary to be exposed

any objection?

1 Like

Re: by Kay17: 2:45am On Aug 11, 2013
I thoroughly read through your post and I intend to expose your errors.

1. Jesus had through the Gospels stood against Mosaic laws; he rescued the prostitute condemned to death by stoning, by stating they were not sinless and therefore had no standing to condemn others for sins they were vulnerable to. Note that Jesus treated all sins as of the same nature and substance.

2. Jesus postulated two laws that replace rigid unjust Mosaic law, which are: Love God with all your might AND love your neighbour as yourself. Both commandments are not contradictory or conflicting and they apply harmoniously and complementarily.

However they are directed to different persons, the first commandment is to God and the other to fellow humans. As to the question of homosexuality, the second commandment applies, because it relates to humans. And it overrides all Mosaic laws including the "An Eye for an Eye" rule.

3. It is important to be truthfully to one's self and call a spade a spade. Both commandments are altruistic, they are commandments of love for others other than one's self. They are not selfish commandments and therefore altruistic. Altrusim is not a strange alien philosophy propounded by aliens. I'm simply calling a spade a spade.

4. The most important question is: are the civil and political rights of homosexuals be nullified? Are they entitled to the privileges and benefits of civil unions or marriages? Do they deserve a right to life and freedom of expression?
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 10:33am On Aug 11, 2013
Kay 17: I thoroughly read through your post and I intend to expose your errors.

1. Jesus had through the Gospels stood against Mosaic laws; he rescued the prostitute condemned to death by stoning, by stating they were not sinless and therefore had no standing to condemn others for sins they were vulnerable to. Note that Jesus treated all sins as of the same nature and substance.

2. Jesus postulated two laws that replace rigid unjust Mosaic law, which are: Love God with all your might AND love your neighbour as yourself. Both commandments are not contradictory or conflicting and they apply harmoniously and complementarily.

However they are directed to different persons, the first commandment is to God and the other to fellow humans. As to the question of homosexuality, the second commandment applies, because it relates to humans. And it overrides all Mosaic laws including the "An Eye for an Eye" rule.

3. It is important to be truthfully to one's self and call a spade a spade. Both commandments are altruistic, they are commandments of love for others other than one's self. They are not selfish commandments and therefore altruistic. Altrusim is not a strange alien philosophy propounded by aliens. I'm simply calling a spade a spade.

4. The most important question is: are the civil and political rights of homosexuals be nullified? Are they entitled to the privileges and benefits of civil unions or marriages? Do they deserve a right to life and freedom of expression?

empty post, no bible verse stated, all your assertions were criminally alligned to by only picking portions in the bible and DISTORT.

it is evident in your post that you dont take bible very seriously, as i have said at the end o my first post that; i want to say it is not compulsory for the hard heartened ones (like you) to accept this, but it is neccesary to be exposed

here is what paul says to people like you who have already made up their mind in the face of abundant evidences;

2 Timothy 4:3
[size=18pt]For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled[/size], they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,

1 Timothy 1:10
[size=18pt]for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality[/size], for slave traders and liars and perjurers--[size=18pt]and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine[/size]

plenty bible verses directed to "those practicing" homosexual 'a continous tense'

we are to rebuke them so as to be sound in faith

1 Like

Re: by BERNIMOORE: 10:51am On Aug 11, 2013
1. Jesus had through the Gospels stood against Mosaic laws; he rescued the prostitute condemned to death by stoning, by stating they were not sinless and therefore[b] had no standing to condemn others for sins they were vulnerable to. Note that Jesus treated all sins as of the same nature and substance[/b]

[size=14pt]lie! you are lying here, stop it! if you must refer to any biblical incidence, pls quote the verses, it will restrict you not to add your own 'additions that twists'[/size]

lets see the incident;

Using the KJV this time, in John 8:1 - 11 scribes and Pharisees had caught a woman in the act of adultery (the woman commonly referred to as the prostitute) and told Jesus who was teaching in the temple that the Mosaic Law required she be stoned to death. Trying to make an opportunity of this to trick Jesus that they might accuse Him, they, with stones in hand, asked Jesus what He says about the Law. After Jesus tried to ignore their repeated questioning, He told them "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." One by one each man dropped his stone and walked away.

jesus was not arguing with the judgment. Nor was Jesus arguing the law nor the woman's guilt. Jesus was arguing with our right to execute the woman. Once all the men had dropped their stones Jesus confronted the woman and asked her if any of the men were still there to condemn her. When she answered "No man, Lord", Jesus told her that neither did He - He forgave her of her sin. He did not excuse the sin of adultery/prostitution, he forgave her of it.[/b]

All behavior and thought that is sinful before forgiveness is still sinful after forgiveness. Not only was Jesus not afraid to call a sin a sin, He was not afraid to call a sinner a sinner[b]. He even reminded her of the sin of adultery/prostitution by telling her "Go and sin no more."[/b]

we can judge, but righfully
John 7
24 Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 4:11pm On Aug 11, 2013
Both commandments are not contradictory or conflicting and [size=18pt]they apply harmoniously and complementarily[/size].

you agreed above that both commandments apply harmoniously,that is in agreement

but yet,[size=14pt] you striped the first commandment of completely when it comes to the application to humans, and yet you claimed that they apply harmoniously[/size]thats serious!, is that not double standard from you blowing cold and hot at the same time so as to avoid the truth?

lets see how the command relates to each other, but the first command is the overiding command, you have read it before but see it again;

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

if we are to love God with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our mind and with all our strength

[size=14pt]Psalm 97:10

10 Let those who love the Lord. hate evil,[/size]

[/size]

romans 1:32

.........[size=14pt]that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.[/size]

even they will be judged according to their homosexual act

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. [size=14pt]The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books[/size]

1 Like

Re: by BERNIMOORE: 4:20pm On Aug 11, 2013

it is a strange teaching and moreso a concept different from that of christ in its application, christians are warned
Colossians 2:8

See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which[b] depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world [/b][size=14pt]rather than on Christ[/size].

well, outside the christian church, as a christian im not in a position to answer that, if a practicing and unrepentant homosexual wants to get married and the community saw it as a harm on the psyche of the young ones, they can choose to administer caution in its spread

im only talking of in a christian setting, they should be punished with a view to change their life to conform with the normal life. or else, they risk Gods wrath!

1 Like

Re: by Kay17: 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

[size=14pt]lie! you are lying here, stop it! if you must refer to any biblical incidence, pls quote the verses, it will restrict you not to add your own 'additions that twists'[/size]

lets see the incident;

Using the KJV this time, in John 8:1 - 11 scribes and Pharisees had caught a woman in the act of adultery (the woman commonly referred to as the prostitute) and told Jesus who was teaching in the temple that the Mosaic Law required she be stoned to death. Trying to make an opportunity of this to trick Jesus that they might accuse Him, they, with stones in hand, asked Jesus what He says about the Law. After Jesus tried to ignore their repeated questioning, He told them "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." One by one each man dropped his stone and walked away.

jesus was not arguing with the judgment. Nor was Jesus arguing the law nor the woman's guilt. Jesus was arguing with our right to execute the woman. Once all the men had dropped their stones Jesus confronted the woman and asked her if any of the men were still there to condemn her. When she answered "No man, Lord", Jesus told her that neither did He - He forgave her of her sin. He did not excuse the sin of adultery/prostitution, he forgave her of it.[/b]

All behavior and thought that is sinful before forgiveness is still sinful after forgiveness. Not only was Jesus not afraid to call a sin a sin, He was not afraid to call a sinner a sinner[b]. He even reminded her of the sin of adultery/prostitution by telling her "Go and sin no more."[/b]

we can judge, but righfully
John 7
24 Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”

Your above post blisters with wide eyed inconsistencies and contradictions.

"Stop judging by mere appearance but judge correctly" was exactly what the Jews did, the Mosaic law stated clearly that whoever was guilty of adultery, which the woman was, is punishable by death by stoning. If Jesus was to judge correctly the woman ought to be stoned. It is that simple.

Rather Jesus by means of forgiveness ignored the law. A law is fulfilled either by obedience or punishment, and by ignoring its compulsion for obedience, it is an uncompleted cycle.

Besides who has the right to condemn the sinner under Mosiac law?

Jesus was arguing with our right to execute the woman
Re: by profstar(m): 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2013
Re: by Kay17: 7:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
BERNIMOORE: .

you agreed above that both commandments apply harmoniously,that is in agreement

but yet,[size=14pt] you striped the first commandment of completely when it comes to the application to humans, and yet you claimed that they apply harmoniously[/size]thats serious!, is that not double standard from you blowing cold and hot at the same time so as to avoid the truth?

lets see how the command relates to each other, but the first command is the overiding command, you have read it before but see it again;

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

if we are to love God with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our mind and with all our strength

[size=14pt]Psalm 97:10

10 Let those who love the Lord. hate evil,[/size]

[/size]

romans 1:32

.........[size=14pt]that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.[/size]

even they will be judged according to their homosexual act

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. [size=14pt]The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books[/size]

If you had read my post carefully, you have addressed the difference between the two commandments. One is a command to love God and the other to love humans. Both are not conflicting and they apply to different objects: namely God and humans respectively. Neither are reductive or subordinate to the other.

These two overthrow all of Mosaic law. Hence animal sacrifices are irrelevant, cos God's love is sufficient. And sinners aren't to be segregated or condemned, rather Jesus interacted freely with these individuals with love, though not approving the sins.
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 8:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
Kay 17:

If you had read my post carefully, you have addressed the difference between the two commandments. One is a command to love God and the other to love humans. Both are not conflicting and they apply to different objects: namely God and humans respectively. Neither are reductive or subordinate to the other.

bolded above, you said both commands are (a)"Neither are reductive or subordinate to the other"

but you have earlier said before that both commands (b) "apply harmoniously and complementarily".

you contradict yourself sir, explain what you mean by (a) and (b) above!

again, you said below;

And sinners aren't to be segregated or condemned, rather Jesus interacted freely with these individuals with love, though not approving the sins.

[size=18pt]another lie![/size] [size=14pt]you are only using the undeserved grace of our lord jesus as an excuse for loose conduct,[/size]

granted, jesus primary mission is to call sinners to repentance;

Mark 2:17

17 When Jesus heard it, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous,[size=14pt] but sinners, to repentance[/size].

[size=14pt]but then jesus CONDEMED UNREPENTANT SINNERS[/size]

Matthew 7:23
New King James Version (NKJV)
[size=18pt]23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness[/size]!’

2 Likes

Re: by BERNIMOORE: 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2013
answer this question, @kay17[size=14pt] do you see 'an unrepentant sinner who feel that it is needless to seek redress and stop the sinfull act he engages worthy to lead Gods people as an exampler'?

pls answer that!
[/size]
Re: by Kay17: 11:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

bolded above, you said both commands are (a)"Neither are reductive or subordinate to the other"

but you have earlier said before that both commands (b) "apply harmoniously and complementarily".

you contradict yourself sir, explain what you mean by (a) and (b) above!

again, you said below;

[size=18pt]another lie![/size] [size=14pt]you are only using the undeserved grace of our lord jesus as an excuse for loose conduct,[/size]

granted, jesus primary mission is to call sinners to repentance;

Mark 2:17

17 When Jesus heard it, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous,[size=14pt] but sinners, to repentance[/size].

[size=14pt]but then jesus CONDEMED UNREPENTANT SINNERS[/size]

Matthew 7:23
New King James Version (NKJV)
[size=18pt]23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness[/size]!’

This is unfortunate. BAD reasoning. The opposite of harmony is conflict not subordination.

Also, we are to accept that Mosaic law still susbsist, why aren't all the laws in leviticus observed??
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 12:05am On Aug 12, 2013
Kay 17:

This is unfortunate. BAD reasoning. The opposite of harmony is conflict not subordination.

Also, we are to accept that Mosaic law still susbsist, why aren't all the laws in leviticus observed??

answer all the question pls

state clearly what do you mean by (a) and (b) as i dentified above?

that is; state clearly what you mean by (a)"Neither(commands) are reductive or subordinate to the other"

and

note that you are reffering to the applications of the commands;

what you mean by both commands (b) "apply harmoniously and complementarily".
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 12:13am On Aug 12, 2013
you evade this question, and its popping up again

here is it;

answer this question, @kay17

[size=14pt] do you see 'an unrepentant sinner who feel that it is needless to seek redress and stop the sinfull act he engages worthy to lead Gods people as an exampler'?

pls answer that!
[/size]
Re: by Kay17: 4:05am On Aug 12, 2013
BERNIMOORE:
you evade this question, and its popping up again

here is it;

answer this question, @kay17

[size=14pt] do you see 'an unrepentant sinner who feel that it is needless to seek redress and stop the sinfull act he engages worthy to lead Gods people as an exampler'?

pls answer that!
[/size]

For the first question, I have explained by myself sufficiently and more than twice. The commandments are both of love, towards God and humans.

As to the question quoted above: my opinion wouldn't be charming to you. Note that I'm not a christian.
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2013

kay17:For the first question, I have explained by myself sufficiently and more than twice. The commandments are both of love, towards God and humans.
i know,

but you said that displaying or applying the love towards God and humans. (b) "apply harmoniously
and complementarily".

you have already painted a picture of simultaneous usage by using the word 'harmoniously' and even more;

com·ple·men·ta·ry
ˌkämplə
ˈment(ə)rē/

Adjective

1, forming a complement.
2,(of two or more different things) Combining in such a way as to enhance

In music, harmony is the use of simultaneous pitches

Harmonization usually sounds pleasant to the ear when there is a balance between the consonant and dissonant sounds simultaneously.

In simple words, that occurs when there is a balance between "tense" and "relaxed" moments simultaneously. while producing a sound but with different voices sounding at same time

see the image below;

Re: by BERNIMOORE: 9:49am On Aug 12, 2013
kindly;

1a, explain or state ways in details how you can apply the first command ; "love God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength".

to GOD

pls do that
Re: by Kay17: 9:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

i know,

but you said that displaying or applying the love towards God and humans. (b) "apply harmoniously
and complementarily".

you have already painted a picture of simultaneous usage by using the word 'harmoniously' and even more;

com·ple·men·ta·ry
ˌkämplə
ˈment(ə)rē/

Adjective

1, forming a complement.
2,(of two or more different things) Combining in such a way as to enhance

In music, harmony is the use of simultaneous pitches

Harmonization usually sounds pleasant to the ear when there is a balance between the consonant and dissonant sounds simultaneously.

In simple words, that occurs when there is a balance between "tense" and "relaxed" moments simultaneously. while producing a sound but with different voices sounding at same time

see the image below;

Well obviously, if the two rules complement themselves, then obviously neither overrides the other because of the lack of conflict! Hence neither is superior to the other. And your definition and elaboration of the word buttresses my point.

BERNIMOORE:
kindly;

1a, explain or state ways in details how you can apply the first command ; "love God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength".

to GOD

pls do that

Love God simple, don't show hatred towards him.
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 4:17am On Aug 13, 2013
Kay 17:

Well obviously, if the two rules complement themselves, then obviously neither overrides the other because of the lack of conflict! Hence neither is superior to the other. And your definition and elaboration of the word buttresses my point.

we have gone past that level sir,

we are talking of applying the rule simultaneuosly and harmoniously!

ok, answer the next pls;

Love God simple, don't show hatred towards him.

simple! is not describing anything let us be honest,

you dont see GOD, he is not a human like you,describe how one can love him or

describe how one display the love in such areas as ;

all your heart,

all your soul,

all your mind,

and all your strength".
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 7:52am On Aug 15, 2013
kay17

now you can see that you are HARD PRESSED in describing how you can love GOD! without doing what his inspired directions says.

im happy that you have really think about it but could not come out, the question is atill waiting for you

describe how one display the love in such areas as ;

all your heart,

all your soul,

all your mind,

and all your strength".

below are the 4 kinds of love;

Storge – affection
Phileo – friendship
Eros – romance
Agape – unconditional love
Re: by Kay17: 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
^^
The difference between us is that, you are able without shame to degenerate Love into unholy and impure fragments as romance, friendship, admiration. If I ask you what Love is, saying love is friendship does not adequate fit into our image of love. If you were to remove the quality of totality/unconditionality, there will be no love but a shell.

Rather define Love as a whole of parts.
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 10:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
The difference between us is that, you are able without shame to degenerate Love into unholy and impure fragments as romance, friendship, admiration. If I ask you what Love is, saying love is friendship does not adequate fit into our image of love. If you were to remove the quality of totality/unconditionality, there will be no love but a shell.

Rather define Love as a whole of parts.

you have not done that!

answer the quetion i dont know why it takes you so long

its here;

describe how one display the love to God in such areas as ;

all your heart,

all your soul,

all your mind,

and all your strength".

waiting!
Re: by Kay17: 7:54am On Aug 16, 2013
^^
This is laughable!

And this fault goes deep into your concept of Love, which I believe is false and impure. Of what purity would Love have if it is not unconditional? None. If you believe love is possible halfheartedly, then you are looking a bad mirror!
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 11:19am On Aug 16, 2013
This is laughable!

And this fault goes deep into your concept of Love, which I believe is false and impure. Of what purity would Love have if it is not unconditional? None. If you believe love is possible halfheartedly, then you are looking a bad mirror!

oga, why are you dancing around the question?

you would have explain how we can love God with

1,all our heart,

2,all our soul,

3,all our mind,

4, and all our strength".

i thought you were sure of these before you posted the overidding commands, abi this one was nullified? if not explain how how we can love God in 1-4 above

waiting pls!
Re: by Kay17: 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
^^
Following te spirit of my two prior posts, the verse is making a storm out of a light rain. Love is always unconditional, made wholeheartedly, selfless, pure etc.

Hence the manner in which we prize/love God is the same with other humans.
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 5:22pm On Aug 16, 2013
Following te spirit of my two prior posts, the verse is making a storm out of a light rain. Love is always unconditional, made wholeheartedly, selfless, pure etc.

Hence the manner in which we prize/love God is the same with other humans.

you saw other humans one on one, isn'nt it? then you manifest love towards them practically

but the question is you dont see God the way you see humans, he is invincible

yes, Love is always unconditionally, made wholeheartedly, selfless, pure etc.

but how do you practically show it unconditional, wholeheartedly, selfless, pure etc. in these areas of command that you uphold,

that is to show the love you describe to God with:

1,all our heart,

2,all our soul,

3,all our mind,

Re: by Kay17: 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2013
^^
Patriotism, the love for one's nation (an abstract) is similar to loving God, cos the nation is abstractly conceived.
Re: by BERNIMOORE: 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
Patriotism, the love for one's nation (an abstract) is similar to loving God, cos the nation is abstractly conceived.

you are comparing devotion to your country to your creator? no! note that God said that he is a jealous God,

Exodus 20:5
King James Version (KJV)
5 for [size=14pt]I the Lord thy God am a jealous God"[/size]

what stops you from stating how to love God with your ,all your heart,

2,all our soul,

3,all our mind,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wearing Of Trousers By Ladies,lip Painting And Weavon Are Evil. / Would The World End This September ? / I Don't Know How To Pray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.