Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,437 members, 7,954,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:12 AM

Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group (3549 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) / Quality Nigerian Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023 - Women Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Ibangap(m): 7:48am On Aug 02, 2013
Husbands will be scarce by 2023 - Women group.
2013-08-01 23:00:51

The National Council of Catholic Women
Organisation of Nigeria on Thursday
warned against the alarming drop of male-
child in education.
With the drop, the group noted that in the
next 10 years, there would be a scarcity of
quality husbands in the country.
The organisation National President, Chief
Felicia Onyeabo, stated this on Thursday at a
briefing to herald the inauguration of Cor
Mariae College, Abuja. The inauguration
holds on Friday (today).
She said, "The future of this country is going
to be very bleak for the male-child. How
many girls do you see hawking clothes? Go
to Onitsha, they are all men. We have looked
round and have come to see that there is a
neglect of boys in education. Who are the
armed robbers on the streets? They are
mostly the boys. Let us concentrate on
training boys.
"The NCCWO feels that a vacuum is being
created, and very soon, we shall be faced
with a situation where our educated girl-
child will not find a corresponding suitable
boy-child to marry. This is because more
boys drop out of school, apparently because
the high rate of unemployed youth
discourages our young boys from
appreciating the need to be educated.
"The NCCWO also consideres the fact that in
the near future, quality husbands will
become extremely scarce, with too many
highly educated women looking for
husbands, and settling for anyhow
husbands, just to get married. The result of
this type of situation is better imagined and
will not augur well for Nigerians."

THE PUNCH
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 02, 2013
Good news for us guys
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by igbobuigbo: 8:04am On Aug 02, 2013
Ibanga p: Husbands will be scarce by 2023 - Women group.
2013-08-01 23:00:51

The National Council of Catholic Women
Organisation of Nigeria on Thursday
warned against the alarming drop of male-
child in education.
The organisation National President, Chief
Felicia Onyeabo, stated this on Thursday at a
briefing to herald the inauguration of Cor
Mariae College, Abuja. The inauguration
holds on Friday (today).
She said, "The future of this country is going
to be very bleak for the male-child. How
many girls do you see hawking clothes? Go
to Onitsha, they are all men. We have looked
round and have come to see that there is a
neglect of boys in education. Who are the
armed robbers on the streets? They are
mostly the boys. Let us concentrate on
training boys.
boy-child to marry. This is because more
boys drop out of school, apparently because
the high rate of unemployed youth
discourages our young boys from
appreciating the need to be educated.
"The NCCWO also consideres the fact that in
the near future, quality husbands will
husbands, just to get married. The result of
this type of situation is better imagined and
will not augur well for Nigerians."

THE PUNCH

These ignorant church women. As far as I know, no educational statistics support girls studying more than boys in Nigeria. At least not in SE. They should back themselves up with facts, not sentiments.
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

These ignorant church women. As far as I know, no educational statistics support girls studying more than boys in Nigeria. At least not in SE. They should back themselves up with facts, not sentiments.
The funny thing is that where I work, I have seeing many educated women staying till being very old and hence in desperation marrying uneducated men. Ironically and with dew respect, most of the women were Igbos!
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by igbobuigbo: 8:12am On Aug 02, 2013
cogitoErgo:
The funny thing is that where I work, I have seeing many educated women staying till being very old and hence in desperation marrying uneducated men. Ironically and with dew respect, most of the women were Igbos!

They are looking for millionaires not lack of educated men. Check all the JAMB records SE men lead.

https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

I can pull up recent UNDP records too.
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

They are looking for millionaires not lack of educated men. Check all the JAMB records SE men lead.

https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

I can pull up recent UNDP records too.
Its OK. But in the example I gave, those women(both Igbos and non-Igbos) are all well employed and they were the ones who brought their husbands from the gutter infact some people used to joke dat they are the husbands of their men!
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Youngzedd(m): 8:26am On Aug 02, 2013
cogitoErgo:
The funny thing is that where I work, I have seeing many educated women staying till being very old and hence in desperation marrying uneducated men. Ironically and with dew respect, [b[most of the women were Igbos![/b]

OVER! HOLD IT THERE.
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by igbobuigbo: 8:29am On Aug 02, 2013
cogitoErgo:
Its OK. But in the example I gave, those women(both Igbos and non-Igbos) are all well employed and they were the ones who brought their husbands from the gutter infact some people used to joke dat they are the husbands of their men!

Nothing wrong with that; if men can bring women from the gutter (borrowing your phrase) why can't women do same? Educational attainment should really not be any reason to marry or not marry anyone.
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 02, 2013
I pity nigerian women embarassed
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Adam200(m): 8:35am On Aug 02, 2013
No cause for alarm Let the male muslims give them a helping hand afteral a muslim is entitled to four women.

1 Like

Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Omen100(m): 8:51am On Aug 02, 2013
hmmmmm, this is interesting

brb

let me finish pounded yam & eguesi breakfast 1st.

1 Like

Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 02, 2013
There is already a paucity of marriageable women in Nigeria. Most ladies are now better engaged as girlfriends or baby mamas. Same virus has invaded the men's kingdom.
In the light of the above, Yerima shall keep smiling to his bed.
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 02, 2013
grin this is a great news,it sure gonna open door for those of us with only one wife to make it two. Dancing you are my african wives, women of my heart. cheesy

Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 02, 2013
and then gay marriage will become law smh
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Damsman10(m): 9:06am On Aug 02, 2013
Ladies dont mind dem

Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Maxymilliano(m): 9:11am On Aug 02, 2013
Ibanga p:

boy-child to marry.

"The NCCWO also consideres the fact that in the near future, quality husbands will
husbands, just to get married.
THE PUNCH

Agbero, OPC, Massob, Boko Boys etc are made up of somebody's spouse, why the fuse ?
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by AnodaIT(m): 9:29am On Aug 02, 2013
rafhell: Good news for us guys
Not goodnews for all guys. Hear what they said
Ibanga p:
Time for guys to reduce dating during school and concentrate on investing skillfully on themselves for more punny tomoro
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by dridowu: 9:38am On Aug 02, 2013
Polygamous go plenty
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by amiskurie(m): 9:48am On Aug 02, 2013
dwarf be like"nna mehn,miss akwa ibom is negotiating with my heart,I told her I will think about it".
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Tolexander: 9:57am On Aug 02, 2013
The National Council of Catholic
Women
Organisation of Nigeria on
Thursday
warned against the alarming
drop of male-
child in education.
With the drop, the group noted
that in the
next 10 years, there would be a
scarcity of
what is this woman saying?

Are quality husbands base on education level only?

With the level of education many lecturers have in the higher institutions, how come many of them don't have the greatest husbandal and patrimonial exercise at home getting divorce over divorce and chasing after anything skirt and pencil trousers .
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by Temismith(f): 10:08am On Aug 02, 2013
And den lesbianism will help balance d equation..
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by eagleeye2: 10:14am On Aug 02, 2013
cogitoErgo:
The funny thing is that where I work, I have seeing many educated women staying till being very old and hence in desperation marrying uneducated men. Ironically andwith dew respect, most of the women were Igbos!
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by eagleeye2: 10:17am On Aug 02, 2013
dridowu: Polygamous go plenty
smh at how people murder English (even pigin English)
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by dridowu: 10:50am On Aug 02, 2013
eagle,eye:
smh at how people murder English (even pigin English)
use am go drink garri afte dat use am go kolet money 4 bank
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by femi4: 10:56am On Aug 02, 2013
But being an educated man does not necessarily make you a good/quality husband
Re: Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023- Women Group by OAM4J: 1:09pm On Aug 02, 2013

(1)

Is It Still Important Teach Your Kids Your Tribal Language? / Nkan bẹ: Woman Finds Out Husband Died TWO Years Before They Married. / Please My Husband Is Diagnosed Of Azorspermia Zero Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.