Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Nigerian Mentality-no Padi For Jungle - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Mentality-no Padi For Jungle (994 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage / Nigerian Mentality To Trend Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Mentality-no Padi For Jungle by Docii001(m): 11:19am On Aug 02, 2013
Nowadays I get really pissed off when people blame the government for our many problems because the biggest problem this country has is its citizens. Lagos for example is the worst possible place to raise a kid,that's if you want that child to have any moral justification or shred of love.
It seems we have gotten so caught up in our everyday lives we forget how to show kindness to people. We forget the guy next door who has no job,we forget the lady always standing at that bus stop selling corn(come rain,come shine).
We get so caught up in our little world,we forget that not everyone had the privilege of an education,not everyone even had the opportunity to 'struggle' to complete school like you did.
You see beggars on the street,you do not know half their story and all you say is "why can't she find work". Ask yourself this questions; which work? Is it the work that graduates are still looking for? Or the one you are ready to give them? Or are you willing to give them money to start business?
Some girls were raped as teenagers and had to take care of babies while they themselves were toddlers.
Yes, I know life is unfair but do we have to make it a wicked and cold world/jungle because that is what we have become-cavemen.
Yesterday an ambulance was trying to wade through traffic whilst transporting an accident victim and people were still dragging space with it.....a man blocked the road for about 5mins because he wanted to go one way and could not move a little for the ambulance. The police had to hit his car repeatedly before he detoured to the left for the ambulance.
A friend of mine wanted to send some money to his brother,same yesterday and for some reason he could not access his account,so he asked another friend who he had being chatting with since morning(on basically frivolities) to help him send the money and he would send it back the next day;that was the end of the conversation.
It really pained the guy,but he did the same thing to me not up to 5minutes later. We use the same account so I also could not get cash,but I have a second account with little money. The distance from our present location was considerably much and using a cab of 300 to withdraw 1000 was pointless-i would have to walk on an empty tummy. He had enough money to take care of himself till the next day,so what I expected was as my friend he would say "guy u no fit dey walk dat distance nw,shebi na 1k....take u fit gimme 2moro".....instead he got a cab and left me to my fate.
As I walked I was so angry and a lot of things crossed my mind,but like I do always I said a prayer- I told God to help me not to be so busy with the struggles of life and myself that I forget to notice or deliberately ignore that; my friend has no money,my brother needs a hug,my sister needs protecting,my father needs someone to talk to,my mum feels lonely,my children need new toys,my wife needs to be reminded how beautiful she is.....etc
Me and the guy still hung out that evening but everyone had their money in their pockets-unfortunately that is not my description of a life!
Its a vicious cycle,it starts with you and me and it can only be brought to end by you and me. Some of us have forgotten our people in the village,our pregnant wives,and our sick parents.....do something different today,a tin of milo is just 650!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Mentality-no Padi For Jungle by kunle4toyeyaho: 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2013
@ op dis is so true,we ar no more our brothers keeper,most ppl now bliv dt every man for himself,may God help us all.
Re: Nigerian Mentality-no Padi For Jungle by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
Lagos is the worst place in Naija,

Imagine a day I visited my friend in lagos, i was bored and decided to use the library beside unilag. after i tried the public transport. I gave him 200 naira, to receive 150 naira balance. They just stopped me where I had no idea and in the middle of the road, he was shouting for everyone to get down that he is not going any further, I was like....WTF, get down in a moving truck and in the middle of the road with my balance still with them.

I was surprised ppl jumping off and it was left just me, they (driver and his boy) were shouting at me to get down and same time turning around. I didn't listen to them, they turned and immediately started loading the bus again, the opposite direction. I tried getting down even in the midst of ppl struggling to enter...I succeeded after plenty of stampeding.

Anyway, got down asked for my balance from the driver since I didn't see his boy, he didn't even listen just drove off.as he was driving off I just saw his boy running after the bus and same time jumping into it.

There you go, am in the middle of nowhere, my balance gone, I was pissed. Not because of the money but the way they took off. For their mind they were very smart.

I curse both of them with every power I had, both satanic and Godly power. I then took a cab home.

I tell you, If I had seen a taxi immediately with a police or soldier around, I would have chased t hem and give them the beating of their life. Even if it cost me all my life savings angry
That was the last time I tried public TP when in Lagos.

That place Menh, *shruggsss** embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mentality-no Padi For Jungle by Docii001(m): 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2013
Chillisauce: Lagos is the worst place in Naija,

Imagine a day I visited my friend in lagos, i was bored and decided to use the library beside unilag. after i tried the public transport. I gave him 200 naira, to receive 150 naira balance. They just stopped me where I had no idea and in the middle of the road, he was shouting for everyone to get down that he is not going any further, I was like....WTF, get down in a moving truck and in the middle of the road with my balance still with them.

I was surprised ppl jumping off and it was left just me, they (driver and his boy) were shouting at me to get down and same time turning around. I didn't listen to them, they turned and immediately started loading the bus again, the opposite direction. I tried getting down even in the midst of ppl struggling to enter...I succeeded after plenty of stampeding.

Anyway, got down asked for my balance from the driver since I didn't see his boy, he didn't even listen just drove off.as he was driving off I just saw his boy running after the bus and same time jumping into it.

There you go, am in the middle of nowhere, my balance gone, I was pissed. Not because of the money but the way they took off. For their mind they were very smart.

I curse both of them with every power I had, both satanic and Godly power. I then took a cab home.

I tell you, If I had seen a taxi immediately with a police or soldier around, I would have chased t hem and give them the beating of their life. Even if it cost me all my life savings angry
That was the last time I tried public TP when in Lagos.

That place Menh, *shruggsss** embarassed

I know that feeling.
I don't even enter all those buses....I would rather walk,because those boys eyes too dey red!

(1) (Reply)

A 33 Year Old Man Is On The Run After Murdering His Wife With Acid. / Crazy/irritating Picture Uploads On Social Networks / The Littlest Hustlers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.