Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Nigerian Mentality To Trend Of Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Mentality To Trend Of Life (792 Views)

Trend Of "Abroad Hustling" Husbands / **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Mentality To Trend Of Life by dazzle5: 11:55am On Dec 22, 2014
It is the belief of Nigerians that once you finish from the University, the next agenda should be marriage. What happens to looking for a job or creating one & working real hard to earn a comfortable life for oneself,the unborn kids&family as a whole.
They seem to have this awkward belief that once you marry, things will strengthen out forgetting that you were not comfortable being single talk less of being marriage.

This is a good scenario:
A guy & a lady in a relationship graduated few years ago,last year the lady got a marketing job of #20,000 without any hope of getting a better one later & the guy still jobless. The parents of the two decided they marry especially that of the lady whose parents are Secondary school teachers.
People advised the lady's parent but they turned deaf ears. They raised money from people&co-operative to make the wedding colourful&fantastic. The wedding took place last year&i tell you,it consumed a lot of money.
Early this year, the groom got a #15,000 job& the bride lost her job cause she was meeting up to her the target given her. They both live in a house rented for them by parents pending the time their jobs will jack up. The couple are not in any comfort zones. The parents are still owing people over the wedding ceremony.

What happens to the thinking faculty of these couple,why didn't they convince the parents.
Some even go to the extent of given birth birth to children without any concrete plan for their welfare.

How can this be contained?
Re: Nigerian Mentality To Trend Of Life by delishpot: 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
dazzle5:

It is the belief of Nigerians that once you finish from the University, the next agenda should be marriage. What happens to looking for a job or creating one & working real hard to earn a comfortable life for oneself,the unborn kids&family as a whole.
They seem to have this awkward belief that once you marry, things will strengthen out forgetting that you were not comfortable being single talk less of being marriage.

This is a good scenario:
A guy & a lady in a relationship graduated few years ago,last year the lady got a marketing job of #20,000 without any hope of getting a better one later & the guy still jobless. The parents of the two decided they marry especially that of the lady whose parents are Secondary school teachers.
People advised the lady's parent but they turned deaf ears. They raised money from people&co-operative to make the wedding colourful&fantastic. The wedding took place last year&i tell you,it consumed a lot of money.
Early this year, the groom got a #15,000 job& the bride lost her job cause she was meeting up to her the target given her. They both live in a house rented for them by parents pending the time their jobs will jack up. The couple are not in any comfort zones. The parents are still owing people over the wedding ceremony.

What happens to the thinking faculty of these couple,why didn't they convince the parents.
Some even go to the extent of given birth birth to children without any concrete plan for their welfare.

Its hard to defy the wishes of ones parents here in this part of the world esp if you depend on them . I feel for both of them.
Re: Nigerian Mentality To Trend Of Life by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
dazzle5:

This is a good scenario:

What a bomb shell. This was what i said in a thread some weeks ago. You dnt have a good paying job but you go ahead to marry. To top it all, you follow the nigerian mentality of giving birth to children immediately with the belief that children will open doors of opportunities for you. If you follow the opinions of certain people, poverty will not be far from you. Its a typical nigerian mentality but its the choice of people to either harbor it or discard it. Looking at the economic trends of the country, nobody will teach you to be sensible about your choices. But since people want to marry to please parents and society, they end up with regrets in the end forgeting that once you are stuck, you are stuck and nobody will be there to help you out. Accumulation of debts up and down will not allow you to enjoy your marriage. I hope they hold on child bearing till things pick up.
Re: Nigerian Mentality To Trend Of Life by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2014
Not every Nigerian joor.
I don't have that mentality at all. A lot others don't.
Re: Nigerian Mentality To Trend Of Life by lilmax(m): 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2014
Nonsense mentality...... I cannot get married until I'm able to take care of my family
Re: Nigerian Mentality To Trend Of Life by engrtee(f): 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2014
I dey find husband
Re: Nigerian Mentality To Trend Of Life by dazzle5: 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2014
Sophyrocks:

What a bomb shell. This was what i said in a thread some weeks ago. You dnt have a good paying job but you go ahead to marry. To top it all, you follow the nigerian mentality of giving birth to children immediately with the belief that children will open doors of opportunities for you. If you follow the opinions of certain people, poverty will not be far from you. Its a typical nigerian mentality but its the choice of people to either harbor it or discard it. Looking at the economic trends of the country, nobody will teach you to be sensible about your choices. But since people want to marry to please parents and society, they end up with regrets in the end forgeting that once you are stuck, you are stuck and nobody will be there to help you out. Accumulation of debts up and down will not allow you to enjoy your marriage. I hope they hold on child bearing till things pick up.

That's lovely,that means we are on same page& its an issue that needs 100% attention
Re: Nigerian Mentality To Trend Of Life by Exjoker(m): 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2014
My agenda was to school first then find a good job before diving into marriage

(1) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Set To Marry 17 Yr Old As Fourth Wife / Shakira Gives Birth To Second Child In Barcelona / I Think This What Telling A Girl I Met In The Cab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.