Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Best Place To Pursue An IT Career - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Best Place To Pursue An IT Career (1355 Views)

Why I Left $100,000 In Funding To Pursue A College Degree / Entry-level Certifications To Jump-start Your IT Career / I Need A (it) Career Course That Leads Me To Telecommunication Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Place To Pursue An IT Career by McCoded007(m): 5:33am On Aug 03, 2013
Pls brother where do you think one can get an 100% practical IT course to do, cos i'm not the type that likes reading text books, i easy undrstand things with a mere practical and i wouldn't want a place i would go & they 'll start giving me text books to study and the main practical wount be much
Re: Best Place To Pursue An IT Career by ghettodreamz(m): 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2013
McCoded007: Pls brother where do you think one can get an 100% practical IT course to do, cos i'm not the type that likes reading text books, i easy undrstand things with a mere practical and i wouldn't want a place i would go & they 'll start giving me text books to study and the main practical wount be much

Practical IT course?

Which of the IT courses?

Do you mean 'Do-It-Yourself'(DIY) approach or looking for an IT institute?

I'm sure if you can answer the afore-listed questions, then the chances of you getting a definite, more appropriate and helpful response to your questions would be increased.
Re: Best Place To Pursue An IT Career by McCoded007(m): 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2013
i mean the best place, probably country to take any course in information technology
ghettodreamz:

Practical IT course?

Which of the IT courses?

Do you mean 'Do-It-Yourself'(DIY) approach or looking for an IT institute?

I'm sure if you can answer the afore-listed questions, then the chances of you getting a definite, more appropriate and helpful response to your questions would be increased.

Re: Best Place To Pursue An IT Career by ghettodreamz(m): 5:56am On Aug 04, 2013
Info Tech? Of course USA and Uk are good countries to study info tech, with the likes of MIT, Stanford, Imperial college, et al.

Nevertheless, it still boils down to your personal interest of what a good country is and should be, and of course the key determinant factor is the moola.

If you are on a strict and little financial budget then you may want to consider going to countries where you can earn either USA, Uk or Australian degree at a lesser and more affordable fee that won't upset your financial budget or pocket RATHER than going to those countries directly.

Hope this helps, all the best.
Re: Best Place To Pursue An IT Career by McCoded007(m): 3:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
thanks bro. . You 've really helped
ghettodreamz: Info Tech? Of course USA and Uk are good countries to study info tech, with the likes of MIT, Stanford, Imperial college, et al.

Nevertheless, it still boils down to your personal interest of what a good country is and should be, and of course the key determinant factor is the moola.

If you are on a strict and little financial budget then you may want to consider going to countries where you can earn either USA, Uk or Australian degree at a lesser and more affordable fee that won't upset your financial budget or pocket RATHER than going to those countries directly.

Hope this helps, all the best.
Re: Best Place To Pursue An IT Career by Raypawer(m): 11:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
Forget Uk of USA of a matter. The best place to take on ICT career is in ur mind. Yes i mean ur mind, Determination is the answer. I bet you, you can still get over to Uk or the USA and still can't get up to expectation because i know they will not break ur head nd put anything there, u still have to du ur home work. So anywhere u learn be it Aptech or any Nigerian University or at the Uk or USA. My brother, you are still the key player for ur Success.
Re: Best Place To Pursue An IT Career by McCoded007(m): 5:26am On Aug 05, 2013
thank you, i'm so enthusiastic n have the passion for ict, i was just actually looking for a particular place where one can get a good ict course, be it india or uk or us like someone said. .probably where the materials to be used will more of practicals cos i hate reading books
Raypawer: Forget Uk of USA of a matter. The best place to take on ICT career is in ur mind. Yes i mean ur mind, Determination is the answer. I bet you, you can still get over to Uk or the USA and still can't get up to expectation because i know they will not break ur head nd put anything there, u still have to du ur home work. So anywhere u learn be it Aptech or any Nigerian University or at the Uk or USA. My brother, you are still the key player for ur Success.
Re: Best Place To Pursue An IT Career by ghettodreamz(m): 9:29am On Aug 05, 2013
McCoded007: thank you, i'm so enthusiastic n have the passion for ict, i was just actually looking for a particular place where one can get a good ict course, be it india or uk or us like someone said. .probably where the materials to be used will more of practicals cos i hate reading books

Bro, no matter wherever you decided to go for your studies in IT, you still need to study hard, I mean read and read books to pass your course modules. Schools will test you on both theoretical and practical aspect during and after the semester .

So, if you really passionate about IT as you have said, you need to cultivate that habit of reading books, you have a long way to go if I may say.

All the best!
Re: Best Place To Pursue An IT Career by McCoded007(m): 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2013
Hmmmmm alryt thanks a lot i appreciate your help..
ghettodreamz:

Bro, no matter wherever you decided to go for your studies in IT, you still need to study hard, I mean read and read books to pass your course modules. Schools will test you on both theoretical and practical aspect during and after the semester .

So, if you really passionate about IT as you have said, you need to cultivate that habit of reading books, you have a long way to go if I may say.

All the best!
Re: Best Place To Pursue An IT Career by LuciusCole(m): 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
Rome wasn't built in one day. Any body who want to be a programmer should be very deligent.

(1) (Reply)

A Very Good Programmer Based In Lagos / Make Money As A Certified Mobile App Developer. / Help!!! I Formatted My HDD Without Backup, How May I Recover Formatted Files?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.