Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu (1423 Views)

Any Igbo That Moves From Oshodi To Buy Any Shop For 1 To 3 Million Is Cursed / An Open Letter To The Governor Of Ondo State, Dr. ‘segun Rahman Mimiko / Buhari Does Not Have Any Igbo In-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 03, 2013
The governorship candidate
of the Allied Congress Party of
Nigeria (ACPN) in Anambra state,
Chief Udo Udeogaranya
described the move by Lagos
state government as
unconstitutional, illegal and
immoral.

Also, a former Commissioner for
Health in Lagos state and
stalwart of the Lagos state
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Dr
Segun Ogundimu called on the
president and the National
Assembly to probe the
deportation.
Ogundimu
Addressing a press conference in
Lagos, Dr Segun Ogundimu who
faulted the deportation called on
President Goodluck Jonathan to
wade into the matter.

He said the
Lagos PDP was not part of it.
Ogundimu, a former
Commissioner for Health in Lagos
state, appealed to Igbo speaking
community in Lagos to restrain
themselves from reacting rashly.
He, however, stated that if urgent
steps were not taken to address
the issue, “it may be an invitation
to an anarchy that may consume
us and our nascent democracy.”

The party chieftain warned that
“this act as moral equivalence of
extension of Boko Haram
insurgency in Lagos and totally
distance ourselves and the real
Lagosians from this myopic act.

We have never seen an Igbo man
begging for alms on the streets
of Lagos and therefore refuse to
buy the story of destitute
slammed on these innocent
souls.”

It’s unconstitutional—
Udeogaranya
Disagreeing with the
deportation, Udeogaranya said it
was contrary to the 1999
Constitution.

Quering the rationale, he said “Is
it not an abdication of authority
and responsibility by Lagos State
government and transfer of
authority and responsibility to
Anambra State government to
cater and cover the welfare for
these Nigerians deported by
Lagos State government, even
when our Constitution stipulates
that the security and welfare of
the people shall be the primary
purpose of government.”

Calling on President Jonathan to
wade into the matter, he said “I
therefore call on President
Goodluck Jonathan and the
Federal Government to hence
transfer 50 percent of Lagos
State monthly allocation to
Anambra State Government and
an explicit order, that all
Anambra State natives in Lagos
State pay their taxes to Anambra
State government.
This will enable Anambra State
government to cater for
Nigerians deported to its area of
authority and serve as a
deterrent to all States
governments of the Federation.”
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by ocheezie: 7:34am On Aug 03, 2013
Trying to gain cheap political points. Does he go about asking beggars their language and states of origin? Not like a support or condemn Fashola anyways. He's the chief Executive of Lagos and should use wisdom,fairness and love in policies.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by themaskedman: 7:34am On Aug 03, 2013
Thats just the simple truth from Dr. Ogundimu but ofcourse some notorious names here wont accept it because the messenger is not pf the ACN. Igbo beggers in Lagos? Wetin person no go hear.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by Adam200(m): 7:38am On Aug 03, 2013
Lets leave the messanger and follow the message
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by omiobo: 7:46am On Aug 03, 2013
I don't know why people are crying about lagos only,were they sleeping when it happened in Abuja,Akwa Ibom,Enugu,Abia,Kastina etc ?

1 Like

Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by slap1(m): 7:52am On Aug 03, 2013
Does Dr. Segun Ogundimu live on the streets of Lagos?

1 Like

Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by braine(m): 8:01am On Aug 03, 2013
^ I tire for the man o¤ Even if he lives on the streets, does he live on every street in Lagos? These hypocrites should get a life.

1 Like

Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by Akshow: 8:04am On Aug 03, 2013
Still on this matter? Mtcheeeeew
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by EkoAtlantic: 8:11am On Aug 03, 2013
omiobo: I don't know why people are crying about lagos only,were they sleeping when it happened in Abuja,Akwa Ibom,Enugu,Abia,Kastina etc ?

Because the Yorubas and the SW are the yardstick for assessing other people and regions.
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by EkoAtlantic: 8:16am On Aug 03, 2013
ocheezie: Trying to gain cheap political points. Does he go about asking beggars their language and states of origin? Not like a support or condemn Fashola anyways. He's the chief Executive of Lagos and should use wisdom,fairness and love in policies.

what do you expect from serial losers?!
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by IleIfe2(m): 8:19am On Aug 03, 2013
So, Lag officials went to their homes to seize them, detain them, inform their respective state governments, and helped provide transport for them to join their families? what an 1diot. Omo ale
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by IleIfe2(m): 8:21am On Aug 03, 2013
Damn!!! i fell for it. Source please?!!!
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 03, 2013
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by dridowu: 8:50am On Aug 03, 2013
I cant count the numbers of igbo beggars that i came across on daily basis esp around cele-Ilasa-ago palace-okota etc so what da fvck is ds man saying, when last did he walk on the street of lagos, rather he will go around in bullet proof car and tainted glass
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by 2mch(m): 9:03am On Aug 03, 2013
Ibo beggars Are very many in Lagos. Their begging is like a Nollywood movie. Scripted begging. Emotional begging. Who is this SEgun ogundimu dreamer? Is this musiwa?
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by Odunharry(m): 9:10am On Aug 03, 2013
ocheezie: Trying to gain cheap political points. Does he go about asking beggars their language and states of origin? Not like a support or condemn Fashola anyways. He's the chief Executive of Lagos and should use wisdom,fairness and love in policies.
no mind d man jo...pdp tactics..
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by emiye(m): 9:15am On Aug 03, 2013
i still saw one using tambourine, singing and begging for money, she had her little child beside her
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by EkoAtlantic: 9:18am On Aug 03, 2013
Biafra4tharmy: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/controversy-deepens-over-deportation-of-igbos/

It's from vanguard newspaper again! grin grin
I understand.
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 03, 2013
hahahahah ;Dhahahahah
fashola e-worrior had a busy week working over time to defend a silly act by a clueless governor. Let the game continue.
Where is my pop corn

1 Like

Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by IB5(f): 9:30am On Aug 03, 2013
Says who?
Even here in Ibadan we have igbo beggars. I even saw one blind one the last time I was at Ikorodu bus stop in ibadan with his daughter guiding him, he begged in pidgen english sef, he also tried to speak little yoruba though it did not sound well. I am not making fun of him o, just to let know that what the Dr. said is not true.
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by sleekdot(m): 9:35am On Aug 03, 2013
How did the commisioner know, Did he go around interviewing them
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 03, 2013
Segun Ogundimu? grin grin FeeDeeeFeee serial loser?
Re: We Have Never Seen Any Igbo Begging In The Street Of Lagos- Dr Segun Ogundimu by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 03, 2013
I-B.:
Says who?
Even here in Ibadan we have igbo beggars. I even saw one blind one the last time I was at Ikorodu bus stop in ibadan with his daughter guiding him, he begged in pidgen english sef, he also tried to speak little yoruba though it did not sound well. I am not making fun of him o, just to let know that what the Dr. said is not true.

They always claim one form of cancer or the other...exposing the ugly sight that they splashed red oil and covered with cotton wool...

Come to Appapa and see Ibos craze people and beggars

(1) (Reply)

Federal High Court Sitting In Lagos Has Adjourned Indefinitely The Trial Of FFK / Governor Rochas And 171 Turkey Delegates Squander N5billion / Final Result Of Osun Decide As Announced By The INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.