Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

2.2 Graduates And Right To Work In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2.2 Graduates And Right To Work In Nigeria (1154 Views)

He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake / HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP / 5 Ways 3rd Class n 2.2 graduates Maybe Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2.2 Graduates And Right To Work In Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 7:34am On Aug 03, 2013
It is very annoying to know that graduates who came out with 2nd class(lower division) are no longer allowed to apply for most jobs in Nigeria. Name them, banks, multi-nationals, institutions, etc. Sincerely speaking, some of these (not all) 2.2 products are very intelligent and creative but nobody wants to give them the chance to show their worth...some of these peeps did not come out with such grade because they are unintelligent or a never-do-well. I mean, there are many factors that can make one graduate with a 2.2. if graduates with 2.2 are no longer employable, then the grade should be eliminated from the university system, so we know we only have 1st class and 2.1 as grades. What happened to 'Right to Work' as an economic right in our constitution? Employers in Nigeria are systematically denying 2.2 graduates their right to be gainfully employed. It is not logical and coherent to state that a 2.1 graduate would do better than a 2.2 graduate if both are placed under same circumstance. Employers should look at what these peeps can offer and not just grades because there are peeps who bought scores and grades in school, yet are unproductive.

It pains me to know that so many persons are blind to this problem or rather, they are pretending to be. In some few years time, 2.2 as a university grade will become extinct like the Dinosaurs.
Re: 2.2 Graduates And Right To Work In Nigeria by spenca: 8:58am On Aug 03, 2013
What perspective are you coming from egoistic or altruism ? Your logical premises are good though , and your conclusions are not wrong either
Re: 2.2 Graduates And Right To Work In Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 9:15am On Aug 03, 2013
spenca: What perspective are you coming from egoistic or altruism ? Your logical premises are good though , and your conclusions are not wrong either

You cannot tell the content of a book from the cover. The cover might be dull or colourless but the content could be interesting. What I am saying in essence is that people's ability should be put to test and not just the 'paper' alone. I am speaking for intelligent young men and women who I meet everyday; some are even close friends and relatives of mine.
Re: 2.2 Graduates And Right To Work In Nigeria by spenca: 11:04am On Aug 03, 2013
Rapmoney:

You cannot tell the content of a book from the cover. The cover might be dull or colourless but the content could be interesting. What I am saying in essence is that people's ability should be put to test and not just the 'paper' alone. I am speaking for intelligent young men and women who I meet everyday; some are even close friends and relatives of mine.
I true that , why judge a movie by the title ? But again are people ready to test ? Like to them it is wasting precious time and resources they aint got. Dont get me wrong i absolutely agree with your stance, because i have been a victim of circumstances like this although not in a degree instance
Re: 2.2 Graduates And Right To Work In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 03, 2013
If you are talking about 1stclass,2.1 or 2.2, its either you are an undergraduate or a naive job seeker. Employers desire skills and competency.

(1) (Reply)

Unical Resumption / Auchi Polytechnic Post UME Form Is Out / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? LASU Staffs And Workers Shuts Offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.