Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa (12896 Views)

PHOTOS: Man Dashes Into NUJ Office, Says He's Tired Of Life And Wants To Die / NUJ Guber Debate: Okorocha Leaves Opponent Confused(pics) / BREAKING NEWS :Gov Amosun's Convoy In Road Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 03, 2013
Three officials of the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) died today in a road crash in Ilesa, Osun State, officials of the union told SaharaReporters.

They are: Adolphous Okonkwo, a former national financial secretary; Kafayat Odunsi, a journalist at the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) in Lagos; and Tunde Ojenike, chairman of Radio Nigeria and Ibadan Network Centre of the NUJ. They were returning to Lagos from a meeting they had in Abuja when the accident occurred.

The accident occurred at about 4pm as the sojourners approached Osu town. A rear tyre of the official’s bus was said to have malfunctioned, and the speeding vehicle somersaulted several times before plunging into the forest.

Officials say there were several injuries. The survivors were first taken to the Osun State General Hospital, Ilesa, but were referred to the Ladoke Akintola Teaching Hospital (LAUTECH), Osogbo where they are being treated in the emergency unit.

Gbenga Opadotun, the chairman of the Oyo State council of the NUJ who was also on the bus, confirmed details of the trip, and that a rear burst, causing the vehicle to veer off the road, somersaulting about eight to nine times before finally crashing into the bush.

"It was a terrible experience because we lost three of our members in the accident. The rest of us involved in the accident survived by the grace of God", he said.

The chairman of Lagos NUJ, Deji Elumoye, who was also in the crash, is said to be in critical condition.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/three-nuj-officials-die-ghastly-road-crash-ilesa
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2013
eeya I saw them wen O-ambulance was takin them 2 osogbo yesterday,pray God give them quick recovery

Rip to the dead
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by crystalballs: 12:37pm On Aug 03, 2013
RIP
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by RECO: 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2013
Too bad. RIP
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by zuma4k(m): 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2013
WTF!!!
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by slimfit1(m): 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2013
Ignore that sorry my apologise.
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Whyte01: 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2013
MAY THEIR SOUL REST IN PEACE...quick recovery to does in clinic.i make fp.

Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by born2boink(m): 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2013
slim fit :
Old news
you smoke weed.
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2013
So sad.

This Ilesa road has claimed so many lives. Was reading obituaries of 3 youngs guys said to be JCI excos coming from Akure that died in same ilesa road couple of months ago.
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
ashes to ashes and dust to dust. see you in the reincarnation

1 Like

Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Tolexander: 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
May their souls rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Lordave: 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
slim fit :
Old news
I wish you don't become an old news

1 Like

Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
This is the futility of life, no matter wat money we amass or steal,the inevitability of death must rear its ugly head out,,rip guys
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Destiny4fame(m): 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
I was a live witness of dis horrible incidence.......it was fatal........R.I.P
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by sammyyoung3: 12:51pm On Aug 03, 2013
angry
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Aromas: 12:55pm On Aug 03, 2013
May their soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by free2ryhme: 12:57pm On Aug 03, 2013
God help us oooo
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by greall1: 12:58pm On Aug 03, 2013
May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Annie2gud(f): 12:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
Tot it was mr and Mrs Yuzedos!!!!!
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by OmoTocute(f): 1:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by sale1: 1:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
R. I. P
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Annie2gud(f): 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2013
Hope they knew christ before their ascension into the spiritual clime.!!!!! Adieu
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Leorichy: 1:05pm On Aug 03, 2013
Destiny4fame: I was a live witness of dis horrible incidence.......it was fatal........R.I.P

baddest english ever liveth
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by tommykiwi(m): 1:05pm On Aug 03, 2013
slim fit :
Old news
which old news? If not for nairaland av not heard it b4, I believe more pple av not heard it too. So it is not old ok...RIP to the dead.
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Xaviers(m): 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
Hmmmm!!!

In other news....

Check out ♍y Signature (Be part of the Brian tracy event in lagos) wink smiley
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by slimfit1(m): 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
May we not die for nothing, but what and where are they going exactly. We spend too much time on unnecessary events in Nigeria. When there is technology to support our course all. May their soul rest in perfect peace.

Please sorry if I've offended anyone thank you.
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by tellwisdom: 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2013
Which party is NUJ??
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Lordave: 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
Destiny4fame: I was a live witness of dis horrible incidence.......it was fatal........R.I.P
You mean as fatal as your English?
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Lordave: 1:26pm On Aug 03, 2013
tellwisdom: Which party is NUJ??
lol..oboi make you respect yourself o.. yeyeboi cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by kalushaiyke(m): 1:39pm On Aug 03, 2013
RIP
Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by Decryptor(m): 1:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
Wetin concern me? Yorubas...they should all die for all i care! angry

2 Likes

Re: Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa by joeadex(m): 1:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
ripriprip

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protest By Keke Operators In Aba Over Alleged Police Extortion / Outcome Of Osun Election Has Nothing To Do With Lagos Guber Race – Mandate Group / PDP Blows Hot Over Alleged Harassment Of Atiku, Warns Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.