Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? (3294 Views)

True Church Perspective On Tithing By Pastor G. Craig Lewis ( Audio) / Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? / Which Is The True Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Kessythegeek(m): 6:03am On Aug 04, 2013
Some years back...i was once that zealous and devout mormon...but as i latter grew up..i found out that most of the church doctrines were false and untrue..and i latter left the church...please what are you Opinions about the church?
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Kay17: 6:06am On Aug 04, 2013
^^^

What is a true church?
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Kessythegeek(m): 6:10am On Aug 04, 2013
A true church is one that is founded and built around Christ...
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 04, 2013
Kessythegeek: A true church is one that is founded and built around Christ...

So then your whole thread is invalid because the Mormon church is exactly that... grin

1 Like

Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Kessythegeek(m): 6:16am On Aug 04, 2013
My friend... a true church is one that genuinely
believes in the divine
inspiration of the Holy Bible
and is actually trying to
do
what the Bible says in every
phase and facet of life. It is a
church that has no other
"holy books" or church
"traditions" that take the
place of the Bible on
anything. This church is not a
building or a corporation or
an invention of human beings.
It is a spiritual organism with
a history going right back to
Jesus Christ and the
apostles. It is a very small
church—the "little flock"
described by Jesus Christ
(Luke 12:32)—but it has
always existed since the
time of Christ and will exist
things that pertain to this
life?" (1 Corinthians 6:2–3)
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Kay17: 6:19am On Aug 04, 2013
Kessythegeek: A true church is one that is founded and built around Christ...

is this definition sufficient?
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Kessythegeek(m): 6:20am On Aug 04, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

So then your whole thread is invalid because the Mormon church is exactly that... grin
sorry maa'm i dnt mean to tarnish ur belief or something..but it seems what u call a true church in every way contradicts the bible? And the teachings of christ.
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 04, 2013
It ain't a true church. Never has been. But, which one is actually a true church?
Saw something similar in a foreign newspaper recently. Op are u really a mormon?
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by MEILYN(m): 7:58am On Aug 04, 2013
Kessythegeek: sorry maa'm i dnt mean to tarnish ur belief or something..but it seems what u call a true church in every way contradicts the bible? And the teachings of christ.
Please be specific, make out time to start telling us where and where the Book Of Mormon contradicts the Bible.
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 04, 2013
Nice thread. Pls, can anyone give me a link that contains the tenet of the aforementioned church?
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by MEILYN(m): 8:53am On Aug 04, 2013
idnoble135: Nice thread. Pls, can anyone give me a link that contains the tenet of the aforementioned church?
www.mormon.org
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 04, 2013
MEILYN:
www.mormon.org
could you provide me with a direct link?
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by bizmahn: 12:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
I need to be guided if perhaps I'm wrong;Can any mormon on this thread give me short but DIRECT answers to these questions:
1.Do mormons believe God has parents?
2.Do mormons believe God has wives & God had sex that brought about Jesus & satan.
3.Do mormons believe Jesus & satan are brothers or are related.
4.Do mormons believe God had sex with Mary that brought about Jesus on earth
5.Why do mormon temples have similar physical structures & pattern with that of freemasons
6.Why do mormorns wear a certain type of underwears with marks that are believed to protect them.
7.Why do mormons conduct baptism for the dead.
8.Is it true that the mormon founder was a 33rd degree freemason.
9.Is it true that mormons view the black race as being associated with lucifer.
10.What are your views on claims against mormons on this website http://mormonismexposed..com/2006/04/further-evidence-to-cement-fact-that.html and on similar websites that claim to expose mormon doctrines on google.
-
I didn't say I'm better than you but want to learn how mormon differs from others.Thanks
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Kessythegeek(m): 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
MEILYN:
Please be specific, make out time to start telling us where and where the Book Of Mormon contradicts the Bible.
firstly mormons believe that Man can become God...that God was first man

Mormons teach that man
can become God, and that
God was once a man:
"God himself, the Father of
us all, is a glorified, exalted
immortal resurrected
man!" (Bruce McConkie,
Mormon Doctrine, pp.
322-23, 517, 643)
"...God himself was once as
we are now and is an
exalted man and sits
enthroned in yonder
heavens..." (Journal of
Discourses, V6, P3, 1844)
"As man is, God once was:
as God is, man may become." (Lorenzo Snow,
quoted in Milton R. Hunter,
the Gospel Through the
Ages, pp. 105-106)
This is plain and simple
heresy. Nowhere does the
Bible say or imply that God
was ever a man, or that man
can become God! Malachi
3:6 says, "For I am the
LORD, I change not..." How
could this be true if God
was once a man? Genesis
1:1 states that God
existed "in the beginning"
before man was ever
created. John 4:24 states
that God is a "spirit," and
Jesus tells us in John 1:18
that no man has seen God
at any time. Numbers 23:19
says that "God is not a
man that he should lie;
neither the son of man that
he should repent." God has
always been God, and no
one has ever "become" God.

1 Like

Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Kessythegeek(m): 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
Secondly: The Bible declares, "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is becausethere is no light in them." (Isa. 8:20) However,
the Mormon Church claims
that other writings, such as
the Book of Mormon and
Joseph Smith's writings are
also authoritative. In fact,
Joseph Smith taught his
people to doubt the
accuracy of the Bible: "...it
was apparent that many
important points touching
the salvation of men, had
been taken from the Bible,
or lost before it was
compiled." (Teachings of the
Prophet Joseph Smith, p.
10)
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Kessythegeek(m): 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
Darthmaul: It ain't a true church. Never has been. But, which one is actually a true church?
Saw something similar in a foreign newspaper recently. Op are u really a mormon?
i was once a mormon...and when i learnt the truth about who they really were...i left the church.
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Kessythegeek(m): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2013
mormonism says Jesus'
Sacrifice is not enough
Mormonism teaches that the
sacrifice of Jesus on the
cross itself (and receiving it
by faith) is not sufficient to
bring forgiveness of sins. It teaches that the
forgiveness of sins is
obtained though a cooperative effort with God;

that is, we must be good and
follow the laws and
ordinances of the Mormon
church in order to obtain
forgiveness. Consider the
late James Talmage, an LDS
apostle who said, "The
sectarian dogma of
justification by faith alone
has exercised an influence
for evil," (Articles of Faith, p.
432), and "Hence the
justice of the scriptural
doctrine that salvation
comes to the individual only
through obedience," (Articles
of Faith, p. 81). This clearly
contradicts the biblical
doctrine of the forgiveness
of sins by grace through
faith (
Rom. 3:28 ; 5:1 ; 6:23 ;
Eph. 2:8-9 ) and the doctrine
that works are not part of
becoming salved (
Rom.
4:1-5 ) but a result of them
( James 2:14-18 ).
To further confuse the
matter, Mormonism states
that salvation is twofold. It
maintains that salvation is
both forgiveness of sins and
universal resurrection. So
when a Mormon speaks of
salvation by grace, he is
usually referring to universal
resurrection. But the Bible
speaks of salvation as the
forgiveness of sins, not
universal resurrection.
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Kessythegeek(m): 1:20pm On Aug 04, 2013
Mormonism support polygamism(marrying more than 1 wife)
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
Kessythegeek: Mormonism support polygamism(marrying more than 1 wife)

Wrong.
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by MEILYN(m): 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2013
Kessythegeek: Secondly: The Bible declares, "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is becausethere is no light in them." (Isa. 8:20) However,
the Mormon Church claims
that other writings, such as
the Book of Mormon and
Joseph Smith's writings are
also authoritative. In fact,
Joseph Smith taught his
people to doubt the
accuracy of the Bible: "...it
was apparent that many
important points touching
the salvation of men, had
been taken from the Bible,
or lost before it was
compiled." (Teachings of the
Prophet Joseph Smith, p.
10)

All the answers to your question are here www.mormon.org
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Kessythegeek(m): 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2013
MEILYN:

dont worry bro...i got my bible
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Kessythegeek(m): 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Wrong.
Am not against what you believe and i dnt talk without backings: According to your aforementioned Founder...joseph smith...i requote him from the (Doctrines & Convenants 132:61,62 :...if any man espouse a
virgin, and desire to
espouse another, and the
first give her consent, and
if he espouse the second,
and they are virgins, and
have vowed to no other
man, then he is justified; he
cannot commit
adultery...And if he have ten
virgins given unto him by
this law, he cannot commit
adultery." (Doctrines and
Covenants, 132:61, 62)
Jesus Christ held a slightly
different view (Mark 10:6-
9). There is no way a man
can be "one flesh" with
more than one woman. A
man and his wife are
supposed to picture Christ
and his church (Eph.
5:23-32), but this
symbolism is shattered by
the Mormon heresy of
Polygamy.

1 Like

Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Kessythegeek(m): 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
MEILYN:

Bro its high time you come to light...read ur bible very well....
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by plaetton: 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

He he. Which Christ, the Christ of America or the Jesus of Palestine?
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Dzany(m): 10:04am On Aug 05, 2013
the comments here are very interesting..........it clearly shows that most christians are cluesless about the teachings of Jesus Christ..........

The Teachings of Christ should be use as a standard when comparing christianity with any other religion...not the the epistle of Paul or the mosaic law:.........
Mind you, i dnt attend mormon church!
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2013
^^^ I do... and when I have time I will put some truth to this thread. cool
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by UyiIredia(m): 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2013
plaetton:

He he. Which Christ, the Christ of America or the Jesus of Palestine?

Lol.
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by bizmahn: 12:00am On Aug 06, 2013
SniperInADiaper: ^^^ I do... and when I have time I will put some truth to this thread. cool

Please do & help me with answers to the questions I put forth earlier or is it just being ignored?

1 Like

Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 06, 2013
bizmahn:

Please do & help me with answers to the questions I put forth earlier or is it just being ignored?

Its hard to type on my phone. Ill answer them soonish
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 06, 2013
^
How long have you been a member?
Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Mudley313: 2:18am On Aug 06, 2013
what is the difference between the absurdity of joseph smiths fable of meeting up with angels who presented him with golden tablets to write the book of mormon, and paul/sauls claim of coming in direct contact with an already dead jesus and writing a huge chunk of the new testament, or even moses claiming to go to some mountain top to collect some stone 10 commandment tablets directly from god himself? is it that, the older the myth, the more credible? if so, then judaism, mithras, zorotoaism, greek mythology, celtic and germanic pagan religions, and all other religions that pre-date christianity are therefore more legit

by the way, mormonism has more or lest been an officially racist institution not until around the late 70s when it was no more politically correct to be a bigot...prior to then, blacks had been considered cursed, and from the devil, and not allowed to enter priesthood in the latter day church...i wonder what a black african is doing claiming to be a mormon...kolo mentality

1 Like

Re: Is Mormonism(latter Day Saints) Really A True Church? by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 06, 2013
^
atheist or pagan?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheist Are Worse Than Satanist / How Yahweh Turned Himself To A BASTAR*D / ATTENTION: What Is Happening? Our Pastors Are Turning To Motivational Speakers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.