Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,410 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn (1385 Views)

Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others / My Daughter Not The Only One Held Hostage At Etsu Nupes Palace- Pastor Uzoechina / Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn by masu: 6:08am On Aug 04, 2013
Royal father charms Pastor’s daughter? •She’s under certain influences —CAN •Wants her moved to Govt. House

By News Express on 02/08/2013

Share on facebook Tweet inShare.

Views: 95

Efforts to resolve the crisis occasioned by the conversion to Islam of Charity, daughter of Pastor Raymond Uzoechina of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), suffered a setback this afternoon when the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) alleged that the young lady has been subjected to unhealthy influences in the palace of the Etsu Nupe, Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar.

CAN in a statement issued in Abuja, the Nigerian capital, insisted that Charity a.k.a Aisha, should be moved from the royal father’s house and put under the custody of Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu if efforts by the state government to settle the crisis are to be successful. Said CAN General Secretary, Rev. Dr. Musa Asake, in the statement in which he denied exonerating the Etsu Nupe:

My attention has been drawn to a news item published in a few Nigerian dailies yesterday, Thursday, August 1, 2013, quoting me as having exonerated the Etsu Nupe, Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar over his role in the conversion of Charity, daughter of Pastor Raymond Uzoechina of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) into Islam.

‘Specifically, the newspapers concerned quoted me as having said, “We have actually resolved the issue; there is a good understanding now especially as it concerns the person of respectable Etsu Nupe who has been misrepresented in the media.”

‘I hereby disown the above quoted statement credited to me and say that I, as the General Secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, could not have spoken in that manner especially after witnessing the emotional encounter between Charity, her parents and siblings; a momentary family union which suggested to me that the young girl was under certain influences within the palace of the Etsu Nupe. Young Charity had agreed to go home with other members of the family during this encounter only to talk about threat to her life during the meeting.

‘The statement, therefore, does not represent my words and thoughts since I represented CAN at the meeting and not the spokesman of the Etsu Nupe. For the avoidance of doubt, the statement I made to the press who approached me after the meeting was that we have listened to both sides and that after hearing them have come to an understanding of the matter. I also recall telling the Correspondents that the matter would soon be resolved and that Pastor Uzoechina had all reasons to accuse the Etsu Nupe for taking custody of his daughter without his consent. I said the Etsu Nupe explained how he was given the custody of the girl. I then referred the Correspondents to the Acting Governor whom I said would brief them further.

‘CAN has been consistent on this issue of the forceful conversion of Charity Uzoechina because the manner, method of securing her custody and the demeanour of the Etsu Nupe each time a truce meeting before the last one held in Minna was called, left much to be desired. Even now that the Sharia Court has vacated its earlier order, the ruling is neither here nor there. To that extent, CAN has not exonerated the Etsu Nupe until Charity is put under the custody of the Niger State governor as agreed.’

•Photo shows CAN General Secretary, Rev. Dr. Musa Asake.

Source News Express

Posted 02/08/2013 3:29:33 PM

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=2407&title=Royal-father-charms-Pastor’s-daughter?-•She’s-under-certain-influences-—CAN-•Wants-her-moved-to-Govt.-House
Re: Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn by masu: 6:09am On Aug 04, 2013
From Christian to Muslim?: Presidency wades into pastor’s daughter’s conversion palaver

By News Express on 02/08/2013

Share on facebook Tweet inShare.

Views: 158

The Nigerian Presidency has intervened in the case of the controversial conversion to Islam of the daughter of a pastor with the world’s fastest growing church – a development which has further strained relations between Christendom and Muslims in Africa’s largest nation.

While Pastor Raymond Uzoechina of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) in North-West Niger State insists that 25-year-old Charity was abuducted and hypnotised into embracing Islam, the girl herself has said in a newspaper interview that the conversion is voluntary. She has abandoned her studies at the Federal Polytechnic, Bida, and rebuffed entreaties to leave the palace of the traditional ruler of the town, the Etsu Nupe, and return home, saying she fears her father might kill her out of anger.

The case was to come up yesterday at the Bida Sharia Court but was shelved following the intervention of the state government after being asked by the Presidency to take steps to amicably resolve the issue.

The court sitting became unnecessary after the state deputy governor, Hon. Ahmed Musa Ibeto, summoned a stakeholders’ meeting in the state capital Minna on Wednesday, at which it was agreed that the issue should be settled out of court. Apart from the deputy governor, who presided over the meeting, others in attendance included the National Secretary of the Christian Association Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Musa Asaki, the Estu Nupe, Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar, former governor, Alhaji Abdulkadir Kure, Charity herself (now known as Aisha) and her parents.

Speaking with newsmen on the meeting and its aftermath, Deputy Governor Ibeto said: “The state government’s concern is to unify the father and his daughter. And unless the case is withdrawn, there is nothing, we can do. Government wants to open channels of mutual trust between them as the girl is afraid that something may happen to her if she returns to the father because of her conversion.

“Niger State believes or honours co-existence between all people of all religions. We believe, religion should not be allowed to divide the people and that is why the state decided to intervene in the issue.”

•Photo shows Charity a.k.a Aisha.

Source News Express

Posted 02/08/2013 12:13:15 PM
Re: Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn by masu: 6:13am On Aug 04, 2013
something is fishy here. if the bolded is true then islam will be at it again.

but why did the core northern news paper come go quote the man while he didn't say anything?

yawa go gass oo
Re: Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn by masu: 6:14am On Aug 04, 2013
etse nupe is going doing with this scandal
Re: Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn by arsenalwenger: 11:09am On Aug 05, 2013
The etsu nupe obviosly knows wat he is doing and wats happening. All the lady's earlier responses where obviosly teleguided. The lady in question might have seen one or two things in the palace dat made her conclude she is no longer safe.

We all knw that, with the current exposure, the father cannot harm her daughter. The fear now is wat will happen to dis lady if let go.

The problem is getting seriosly complicated day by day, but i believe one day the whole truth sorrounding this saga will be exposed.
Re: Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn by princesammmy: 11:57am On Aug 05, 2013
they have been doing it all this while but the will not go free On this one

(1) (Reply)

Video: Inside Innoson Motor Plant Nnewi: World First Black Owned Carmanufacturer / PICTURE: Several Students Dead As Boko Haram Attacks College Of Agriculture,yobe / Jonathan, Amaechi Fly In Same Chopper To Okrika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.