Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:30 AM

Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading (35419 Views)

Nigerians React To Martin Onovo's Interview On Channels Today - Video / Lagosians React To Plan By Ambode To Purchase Helicopters For Traffic | Tweets / Lagosians React To Jonathan's Campaign In Lagos On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by foleyx: 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
unemployment is well over 40%, there is wide spread corruption in all public offices, there's insecurity everywhere and all d acn mascot of perfect governance can think of is harrasing the poor masses. 4 those idiots hailing him on this matter I pity u . by the time the over zealous, illitetate and corrupt acn touts/law enforcers will descend on ur homes with the excuse that they saw some clothes layin around

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by ajf(m): 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
I think governor Fashola is gradually loosing touch with reality lol.....

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by AGBORMAN1(m): 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2013
The main reason our Africa continent is still backward is "inability to change".
We blacks hate to change. We like to be doing the same thing but expects a different result. Insane.
The western world is "change, change, change". Africa is "no change, no change, no change",
Its our tradition not to change. Tradition my ass-hole.

Gov Fashiola should please as a matter of urgency introduce:
House Tax.
Car Tax
Election Tax
Water Tax
Security Tax
Waste collection tax
Petrol tax.
Car parking tax

Etc Etc Etc

Pls don't abuse me oh. I'm just using my citizen freedom of speech. Thks & have a nice day.

4 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Kx: 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2013
Fash always make lagosians believes his policies will "megalise" Lagos.
Whether it is KAI, lastma, repaint ur house, clear gutters, plant trees and flowers,don't park cars on d road etc, WHEN WILL FASHOLA' policies get implemented in ISALE EKO, lagos island?
I m yet to c a slum and shabby living environment in lagos than Isale Eko yet Fashola mega train simply walk by.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Evestar200(f): 2:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
undecidedEh? Hanging clothes in fence? shocked i havnt c pple hanging clothes in fence in where i live in UWVIE in Delta state
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
AGBOR-MAN:
The main reason our Africa continent is still backward is "inability to change".
We blacks hate to change. We like to be doing the same thing but expects a different result. Insane.
The western world is "change, change, change". Africa is "no change, no change, no change",

House Tax.
Car Tax
Election Tax
Water Tax
Security Tax
Waste collection tax
Petrol tax.
Car parking tax

Etc Etc Etc

Pls don't abuse me oh. I'm just using my citizen freedom of speech. Thks & have a nice day.
I support you, after collecting the TAx, he should use the money to send his wife to Senate, make his daughter the Iya Loja of Nigeria and spend the rest to build himself a Lion's Den in Bourdillon, plus Airline, Newspaper, TV station and use the balance to f/uck ashawos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by 3kay945(m): 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
Don't worry peeps you will all get used to it, as that of Okada... Mega city here we go.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by EngrChris(m): 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
The truth is that each compound should control there cloth spreading within the compound not outside or on fence, secondly Lag. Govt should act on that policy only on those people that spread cloth outside there compound or yard or on the fence. Finally let the Govt of lag start providing dryer to each compound in lagos so to minimize the pressure on the masses with power supply. if not it will only affect poor people(masses).
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by hurricaneChris: 2:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
The problem should be solved from the grass roots. I myself don't like the idea of hanging clothes infront of a house.

Damn! It makes me sick when eva I see clothes hung in front terraces of beautiful houses.... 1004 estate in VI as case study.

But that being said, let's take a look at this:
Lagos state building codes mandate a set-back of 3meters(10ft) from ur fence and 6meters from d road. These setbacks always serve as space for packing cars and HANGING OF CLOTHES.
When an Architect designs a house, he keeps these rules in consideration.

The owner of the house will take this design to the Town Planning Authority for approval and this house will be approved, But when he comes bak he arranges with one quack engr who will increase the number of rooms in this house thereby ignoring the setbacks.

The same people from Town planning will come for inspection, and when they notice that the rules have been violated, this client will offer a settlement to them.

This is d reason why you see many beautiful houses in lagos don't spaces for packing cars.
#GREED on d side of landlords, #Corruption on d side Town Planning Officers.

Please Note: What I just said is not a fiction. I've seen it happen many times and I always backoff in such projects....I wasn't trained in such practice.

4 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by chokolatte: 2:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
Wetin dey do dis Fashola sef...how clothes line take affect hin govt Oga BRF you too do abeg
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by gratiaeo(m): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
AGBOR-MAN:

House Tax.
Car Tax
Election Tax
Water Tax
Security Tax
Waste collection tax
Petrol tax.
Car parking tax

Etc Etc Etc

Let the change start from here

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by AGBORMAN1(m): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
gratiaeo:
This kinda mega city abi?

Rome was not built in a day.
Nigeria and Lagos in Particular is one of the 5th fastest growing economy in the whole world. FACT.
Even one oyibo man told me yesterday that he is wanting to bring his money to Lagos because of quick profit.

Now clap for Governor Fashola
and
President GEJ (a.k.a Fresh Air until 2019)

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by LEXYCOM: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2013
Una never see anything, soon fashola go ban have sex.....

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by LEXYCOM: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2013
Una never see anything, soon fashola go ban having sex.....
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by gratiaeo(m): 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
AGBOR-MAN:

Rome was not built in a day.
Nigeria and Lagos in Particular is one of the 5th fastest growing economy in the whole world. FACT.
Even one oyibo man told me yesterday that he is wanting to bring his money to Lagos because of quick profit.

Now clap for Governor Fashola
and
President GEJ (a.k.a Fresh Air until 2019)
A city with roads as bad as this?

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by devour129: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
Make a clothesline behind your house and hang your clothes. My dad back then can throw out a tenant because of hanging clothes on the railings.there where more than 15 clothe line n but some dirty people will still prefer to hang on railings.back then it was only oyibo people they rent our houses cos my dad won't take bullshit.my point is UP FASHOLA,good policy

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Acidosis(m): 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2013
AGBOR-MAN:

House Tax.
Car Tax
Election Tax
Water Tax
Security Tax
Waste collection tax
Petrol tax.
Car parking tax

Etc Etc Etc

You forgot:

Poo tax
Urinating tax
Tax for f00ls
5minutes madness tax
Laughing tax
Breathing tax
Talkative tax
Vernacular tax
Tax for dark and ligh complexion
Fat women tax
Skinny men tax
Facebook tax
Celebrities tax
2go tax
BBM tax
Civilian tax
Rain and sunshine tax
Underwear tax
Soak away tax
DSTV tax
Tax on generator

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by toosweet: 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2013
Can we spread the clothes on the field? Just asking

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by godson0032000(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
Fashola is working, lagos is moving

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by 3kay945(m): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2013
LEXYCOM: Una never see anything, soon fashola go ban have sex.....

Yeah, if you do it incriminating and carelessly.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Acidosis(m): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2013
devour129: Make a clothesline behind your house and hang your clothes. My dad back then can throw out a tenant because of hanging clothes on the railings.there where more than 15 clothe line n but some dirty people will still prefer to hang on railings.back then it was only oyibo people they rent our houses cos my dad won't take bullshit.my point is UP FASHOLA,good policy

Railings? whats it meant for? Sleeping?
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Tunmi(f): 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hanging clothes in the sun is actually better for the environment and less expensive. The sun is cheap and there is no pollution. Besides, not everyone can afford a dryer and not everyone has the electricity to power them.

I remember my mom had this iron hangar. It was as big as an ironing board and it folds in. It was like a rack so there were lines to hang clothes. Those metal things could be the better alternative but this is not something an entire state government should be worried about...that should be the responsibility of the local government and even the landlord or owners of the house.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by ayd91(m): 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
funnyfun: For Lagos to become d mega city we all dream of, things like this shd be eradicated. Even if u've not bn 2 any of dis advanced countries, @ least u see them on d TV. Do u eva see things like dis in these countries? Ride on jare, Fashola.
if this is the kind of crap we model ourselves after, then I am sorry for Nigeria.
Must we westernize Lagos for it to be fully developed? Fashola isn't balanced in his policies, and he (consciously or otherwise) is creating future problems for Lagos and its inhabitants.
One day, we'll find ourselves walking somewhere on the streets of Lagos and we'll wonder when, how and why the true spirit of lagos was killed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Guinness Handler Apologizes Over "Shut Up Your Dirty Mouth" Tweet / Governor Oshiomole And Wife Postpone Honeymoon / Speaker Gbajabiamila Receives Allen Onyema, Air Peace CEO In His Office (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.