Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks (1438 Views)

Governor Okorocha Dressed As A Secondary School Student / Anambra Poll Results: Ekwunife Sacks Ngige From Senate, Humbles Victor Umeh / Why Apga Will Win In Anambra State Election (2) (3) (4)

REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by henryc4: 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
National chairman of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Victor Umeh, has said that Governor Rochas Okorocah of Imo State was suspended from the party for dragging the party to the newly registered All Progressives Congress (APC).

“For some months now, the news had been that APGA had been part of this merger discussion and we went into a meeting to clear this wrong impression so that Nigerians will know that APGA was at no time involved in those discussions, but you will recall that the Governor Rochas Okorocha has been at the forefront of the merger talks.
"He initially said he was there on his own and because he is a governor, we could not rein him in at the time, and we were very patient to see if this thing will clear out."

Umeh, who spoke in Abuja with other APGA national leaders, said that at no point was the party interested in APC, which was formed by ACN, ANPP, CPC and a faction of APGA led by Okorocha.

Umeh said that, "We are aware that on Wednesday, INEC registered APC and announced that three parties merged to form the All Progressives Congress and proceeded to withdraw the certificates of the three parties: ANPP, CPC and ACN.
"But starting from Thursday, people in APC started placing advertorials in the newspapers rejoicing over the new party. In each of the advertorials, they always exerted APGA logo as part of the parties that merged. We considered this to be very mischievous and unacceptable. For two days now, on Thursday the governor of Lagos State placed advertorials in four national dailies that we could see with APGA logo conspicuously present there. Yesterday (on Friday), the Governor of Nasarawa State followed suit by placing an advertorial again with APGA logo."
Umeh insisted that the decision to suspend Governor Okorocha is “to cut off the branch from where APC is infiltrating the rank of APGA
But in his reaction last night, Okorocha said he joined APC “in the interest of Ndigbo”.
SOURCE: http://naija-infohotspot..com/

Re: REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by ogb5(m): 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
Is Rochas joining APC as:
an individual merging partner?
As an individual
or as APGA?

INEC did not recognise APGA as a merging party in the APC contraction.

That leaves 2 options
Rochas is joining APC either as an individual merging partner or simply as an individual.

Individuals can not merge with a party, only parties merge.

So Rochas is simply joining APC as an individual.

In essence, Rochas has decamped from his party and joined APC.

He opens himself to several legal and political challenges, can a sitting governor of an existing party, change his party and remain governor with the mandate he got in his previous party?

And why did it take APGA this long to suspend him and clarify that they are not part of the merger?

Re: REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by njideoby(f): 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
Only in Nigeria will an elected political officer wake from his/her sleep to switch side with the opposition not minding the powers that brought him/her to that office in the first place.
As for Rocha...I reserve my comments.

Re: REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by Provie(m): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
Even b4 he entered d politics, I had always adored ORO & his value system. And I stil adore a greater part of him. Bt I insist he got it all wrong dis time, & APGA's decision on him was right. I wonder wy pple shud justify ORO's political gaffe by his personal characteristics. Wy didnt he use his impecable personality 2 effect a constitutional change & run as an independent candidate in 2011? He voluntarily entered d murky waters of Nigerian politics so he shud play by d rules.
Re: REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by chino11(m): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
The clown okorosha should save imo state first which is presently running into the ground before he talk of saving Igbos. Imagine a blind clueless trying to lead people that are ahead of him and his state.
Re: REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by femzo(m): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
There is absolutely nothin wrong in Okorocha pitching tent. Nobody wants to b on the loosing side a hearthy congrats to Gov Okorocha for decamping
Re: REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
I really have no clue what Rochas Okorocha plans to save Ndigbo from?

Okorocha had no right to unilaterally move his party to APC without recourse to the party hierachy

and once again this is a question of judgement and brings Okorocha's ability to judge situations under question?
You look at the appointment of Nkiru Sylvanus or the decision to suggest the unsustainable policy of free tetiary education and you wonder how his Okorocha's brain works, as we speak he has no cabinet and always at loggerheads with everyone in the State

APC must be embarrassed by the the APGA logo they have errornously used for adverts

what a shame.
Re: REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
Ngwakwe: Chino, abeg delete this comment, the Igbos never deny their legitimate son and our corpses always go back to our ancestral land.

We may not all agree on issues from the same angle, yet our blood are thicker than water.

I will delete the quote and I believe Wizee will

I agree

I may deslike Rochas' politics but to question whether he is Igbo? lets not take things that far!
Re: REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by mensdept: 3:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
Look at the chairman running his mouth? He is fast to go to court to remain chairman after how many years? He is no different than Buhari who every election imposes himself by force.
Re: REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by Obiagu1(m): 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
What will happen next?

APC picks Okorocha as their VP candidate in 2015 meaning he will not run as governor again.
APGA swoops in and reclaim Imo State.

PDP vs APC, PDP wins again as always.
Okorocha runs to Labour Party to become their next presidential candidate.

All I know is that Rocha is a finished product and will never smell Aso Rock. By 2015, he will realize that.

Re: REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
mens dept: Look at the chairman running his mouth? He is fast to go to court to remain chairman after how many years? He is no different than Buhari who every election imposes himself by force.

I think there is nothing more democratic than testing ur views in court

APGA definitely needs to unite and position the party properly after the long drawn battle

My view is that PDP has lost its way for now and the South East needs a party of her own that can represent the aspirations of the people (Note this aspiration should not be only trying to produce the next President)

Igbos will never be happy in APC. Ndigbo need a party that encourages enterprenuership, capitalism, small government, low taxes for small businesses, true fedralism, and believes in the ability of indviduals to shape their own destiny!

I dont think these views are well represented in APC so we have no business with APC

Re: REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by Longeria(m): 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
MALLAM ROCHAS OKOROCHA's zeal to drag Ndibgo to their killers and deporters will be resisted. Okorocha thinks Igbos of today are the type he can trick into his bag of deceptions. We the IMOLITES will prove to him that over 60% of the votes that brought him to DOUGLAS HOUSE he's occupying is because of Ojukwu. He has proved himself to be untrustworthy, nobody will take him serious again. Perfect Political suicide.
Re: REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by dridowu: 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2013
We should learn to vote for credible candidate ( not party oriented )that will move us forward not the one that will move us backward
Re: REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
Obiagu1: What will happen next?

APC picks Okorocha as their VP candidate in 2015 meaning he will not run as governor again.
APGA swoops in and reclaim Imo State.

PDP vs APC, PDP wins again as always.
Okorocha runs to Labour Party to become their next presidential candidate.

All I know is that Rocha is a finished product and will never smell Aso Rock. By 2015, he will realize that.

How can you say 'PDP wins as always' when APC was registered last week?
Re: REVEALED: Why APGA Suspended Governor Okorocha ––umeh Speaks by touch4mony: 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
femzo: There is absolutely nothin wrong in Okorocha pitching tent. Nobody wants to b on the loosing side a hearthy congrats to Gov Okorocha for decamping
do u knw what d consitution said about decamping i guess u dont kw,he will soon b shown the way out of the govt house sowi i think he already knws the way so he should get set to take it

Enugu PHCN: Group Accuses Namadi Sambo Of Determination To Ruin Igboland / What Is Sovereign National Conference / BREAKING NEWS: ASUU Takes Jonathan's Message To Members •after 13 Hours Meeting