Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? (1112 Views)

What Is The Significance Of Your Tribe Name / What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? / Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by Donmichaelz(m): 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
Am a Yoruba guy and to be honest I admire the Igbo people a lot,am not talking of the crazy ones causing wahala in nairaland,one of the main reason I like them is because of their delicacy and dressing.don't get me wrong I also admire other tribe.
What about you name a tribe other than yours and give a reason you admire them..
Re: Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by nedu2000(m): 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
I'm igbo but I admire the ibibios(akwa ibom indigenes) they are a hardworking and an industrious lot,quite unlike most other tribes in the niger delta in general
Re: Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
Am yoruba but i really admire the hausas for their hospitality,their dressing and truthfulness(sometimes).
Re: Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by Cashio(m): 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2013
I am igbo.i admire calabars(ladies especially) for their cheerful giving..u knw wt i mean nah.
Re: Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by frankie22: 4:44am On Aug 05, 2013
@omo daddy,I wld luv to be ur friend! Can we exchange contacts?
Re: Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2013
Ibibio/Efik
Re: Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
I'm of two tribes and nationalities. In Nigeria I admire the yoruba's for their cheerful and party-going nature. Their dance is wonderful too. I admire the ijaw people's hospitality and dance. I admire the Igbo's industrious nature, their dance, their language, their food. I admire the hausa's for their sophisticated dressing, their adherence to religion and their charitable ways. I love the Wollof peoples of the Senegal and the Gambia: their food, music, romantic language, handsome men, elegant women, great dress sense, easy way of life and hospitality. I lova the Amharic people of Ethiopia: they have many beautiful people, great landscape, many historic sites, fascinating language. I love Italy as a nation: a beautiful ancient city with great food and breath-taking sceneries, interesting language. I love Greeks and the English and the french. I love the Mande people of Mali. The list is endless. I love hard-workers, good food and music, languages and nature (not animals).

1 Like

Re: Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by somalia11: 11:22am On Aug 06, 2013
the afar people in ethiopia and eritrea, they are cousins of somalis and look like us
Re: Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 07, 2013
frankie22: @omo daddy,I wld luv to be ur friend! Can we exchange contacts?
Use the PM
Re: Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by frankie22: 9:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
@omo daddy I don't know what 'PM' is
Re: Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by PeterKbaba: 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 08, 2013
Err...I'll probably say Edo/Urhobo and Hausa because of their rich culture/heritage. And maybe Calabar people for edi ka ikang. I don't think I've met a Hausa person in my life (met a few Fulani's) - however, Edo/Urhobo guys are cool headed and fun to be around. Can't really say much about their women because I've probably met only a/two-handful of them. tongue

1 Like

Re: Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:42am On Aug 09, 2013
I love Igala people because of their languaage,Ekoi groups because they are neat and their foods are wonderful and Edo peeps are really cool.
Re: Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by nedu2000(m): 8:16am On Aug 09, 2013
frankie22: @omo daddy I don't know what 'PM' is
private/personal message
Re: Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? by MamiWata: 2:59am On Aug 13, 2013
I'm Fon and I most admire the Samburu and Masai of Kenya frankly because I find them to be very handsome. Oh you said Nigeria lol. I guess Yoruba then because of Wole Soyinka.

(1) (Reply)

A Black Guy Tries To Become Somali- Must Watch Video / Inferences From Yoruba Thought On Origin Of Man And Civilization / Where Can I Get A Real Native Doctor Or ifa priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.