Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

This Little Boy Moved Pope Francis To Tears (PHOTO, VIDEO) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Little Boy Moved Pope Francis To Tears (PHOTO, VIDEO) (630 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Little Boy Moved Pope Francis To Tears (PHOTO, VIDEO) by Adenugay(m): 3:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
A nine-year-old boy has made the headlines as he broke past barriers to run into Pope Francis' arms in order to tell him something that moved the pontiff to tears

A video captures what is surely one of the most poignant moments of the Pope's last Friday's trip to Rio for World Youth Day.
While the papal entourage makes its way through the picturesque Quinta de Boa Vista park, Nathan de Brito dashes to the vehicle where he is greeted by the Holy Father himself.
They embrace on the Popemobile as de Brito confides to Pope Francis, "Your Holiness, I want to be
a priest of Christ, a representative of Christ."

Pope Francis beams at the small child in the Brazilian national soccer team jersey, and replies, "I am going to pray for you, but I ask you to pray for me." He wipes tears from his eyes as he embraces de Brito and tells him, "As of today, your vocation is set."
After exiting the Popemobile, the video shows de Brito blowing the Pope a kiss before covering his face with his hands, completely overwhelmed by the incredible experience. Please see more picture of the wonderful scenerio at

http://www..com/2013/08/this-little-boy-moves-pope-francis-to.html

1 Like

Re: This Little Boy Moved Pope Francis To Tears (PHOTO, VIDEO) by UyiIredia(m): 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2013
The People's Pope no doubt.
Re: This Little Boy Moved Pope Francis To Tears (PHOTO, VIDEO) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2013
He wants to be a priest? Hmmmm.

(1) (Reply)

What's Going On, On Nairaland's Religion Section? / Right Of Reply: No! Pastor Adeboye, Your Approach Is Wrong Sir…. / Are Muslims Beginning To Imitate Xtians? With Holy Water In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.