Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389832 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Adulphus(m): 8:19am On Apr 23, 2016
Youwin_three@youwin.org.ng

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
Any news guys?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by coolk(m): 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
... Another day bites the dust.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by oyekeye: 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
Is anyone getting sms from YW to contact their bank account officer with account and bvn immediately?

It could rain today or tomorrow...keep praying
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fatiaforreal: 5:46pm On Apr 27, 2016
I can see the cloud gathering.
Followed by lightning and thunder
Then a torrential downpour of alerts
Good luck guys!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by coolk(m): 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
@oyekeye: as per the sms, stale news. How did you come about ur claim of today or tomorrow?

@fatiaforreal: we don see cloud and lightning tire. We don hear thunder sote our ear don block. All we want is rain. No more due process again. Before our biz withers away.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fatiaforreal: 11:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
coolk:
@oyekeye: as per the sms, stale news. How did you come about ur claim of today or tomorrow?

@fatiaforreal: we don see cloud and lightning tire. We don hear thunder sote our ear don block. All we want is rain. No more due process again. Before our biz withers away.
If it rains tomorrow you owe me a bottle of non alcoholic wine. I understand, after a number of promises it becomes difficult to believe anything. Just hang on, you're almost there.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Adulphus(m): 11:20am On Apr 28, 2016
oyekeye:
Is anyone getting sms from YW to contact their bank account officer with account and bvn immediately?

It could rain today or tomorrow...keep praying

"to contact their bank account officer with account and bvn immediately"

I didn't get such sms perhaps is for those that has not linked their account BVN because I have being transaction in my account.

Did you linked your account before?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Adulphus(m): 3:35pm On Apr 28, 2016
YESTERDAY EMAIL

Dear.........,
Thank you for your email, at this time you have been approved for 3rd tranche. Please continue to be patient as the batch process is still underway. Once batch numbers have been assigned, you will be made aware.

Thank You
*'YouWiN! Monitoring Team'*
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by coolk(m): 5:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
@fatiaforreal: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Yet another day pisses into the wind!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fatiaforreal: 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2016
coolk:
@fatiaforreal:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Yet another day pisses into the wind!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Coolk!
At least some info drizzled. Somebody got approval for 3rd tranche. Little by little everyone will get there.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Adulphus(m): 1:52am On Apr 29, 2016
Alert.................

Must................

Rain................

This...............

MAY............

GOD.......

DEY!...

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by olumze: 10:54am On May 04, 2016
which kain e-mail be this again na?

The YouWiN! Secretariat has been alerted of the activities of some awardees who solicit for funds from fellow awardees in order to act as ‘mediators’ between the awardees, the Federal Ministry of Finance and YouWiN! - Especially on issues of Tranche disbursement.
This is totally unacceptable.

The Secretariat would like to reiterate that every awardee has the right to approach the YouWiN! Secretariat to access information on the status of your tranche disbursement, either physically or through emails and phone calls.

In view of this recent development, awardees are hereby advised to:
- Desist from paying money to anybody on the premise of receiving information on funds disbursement from the YouWiN! Secretariat;
- Report any individual (including awardees or monitors) collecting or soliciting for funds to come to the YouWiN! Secretariat or Ministry of Finance to act as mediators on funds disbursements.

Please note that ANY awardee found indulging in this act of collecting funds from fellow awardees to act as a mediator on funds disbursements will be disqualified from the Programme.

Awardees are encouraged to continue to grow their businesses and maintain the integrity of the YouWiN! Programme even as the Secretariat intensifies efforts to ensure all awardees receive their outstanding tranches.

Thank you.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Adulphus(m): 1:47pm On May 04, 2016
olumze:
which kain e-mail be this again na?

The YouWiN! Secretariat has been alerted of the activities of some awardees who solicit for funds from fellow awardees in order to act as ‘mediators’ between the awardees, the Federal Ministry of Finance and YouWiN! - Especially on issues of Tranche disbursement.
This is totally unacceptable.

The Secretariat would like to reiterate that every awardee has the right to approach the YouWiN! Secretariat to access information on the status of your tranche disbursement, either physically or through emails and phone calls.

In view of this recent development, awardees are hereby advised to:
- Desist from paying money to anybody on the premise of receiving information on funds disbursement from the YouWiN! Secretariat;
- Report any individual (including awardees or monitors) collecting or soliciting for funds to come to the YouWiN! Secretariat or Ministry of Finance to act as mediators on funds disbursements.

Please note that ANY awardee found indulging in this act of collecting funds from fellow awardees to act as a mediator on funds disbursements will be disqualified from the Programme.

Awardees are encouraged to continue to grow their businesses and maintain the integrity of the YouWiN! Programme even as the Secretariat intensifies efforts to ensure all awardees receive their outstanding tranches.

Thank you.

hmmmmmmm
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by omadolph: 8:08pm On May 04, 2016
I had an info that you win is waiting for banks to send list of accounts that have updated their bvn. To avoid there money being trapped in the supposed account because of bvn issue. Did any one heard such?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by olumze: 8:11am On May 05, 2016
i heard but that's bullshit. Since they pay in batches, why didn't they ask for this list weeks ago and pay those who have BVNd first? This administration obviously sees YOUWIN as a PDP thing used to 'settle' PDP youths. They are punishing us....not fault of YOUWIN secretariat anyway

omadolph:
I had an info that you win is waiting for banks to send list of accounts that have updated their bvn. To avoid there money being trapped in the supposed account because of bvn issue. Did any one heard such?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by lekkistar: 10:26am On May 05, 2016
alaolani:
Call Oleks Catering Services... They can meet ur needs satisfactorily. They handled my neighbours wedding n grandparent burial in asaba couple months ago this year. was at d 2 events n their Services was superflous... U can reach him on 08054979606. All d best.

please that number does not work and i need a caterer in Asaba
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 12:31pm On May 06, 2016
Another week wraps up, yet nothing.
It's a hard life we got here.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 12:32pm On May 06, 2016
Another week wraps up, yet nothing.
It's a hard life we got here.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by coolk(m): 10:20pm On May 10, 2016
Finally it is clear for all to see.
I loathe to be the pessimist here, but the writing is on the wall. I only state the obvious.

In case you still have doubts; read my words carefully: The Federal Ministry of finance will NOT release any tranche, not now or possibly ever. Unless we do the 'needful' we are doomed to wait till eternity.

Once they notice we are growing impatient, they cook some new lie to give us false hope; while their propaganda vehicle on social media inflames it. Then as usual, we fold our arms waiting for this very soon that never comes.

If only they could be straight forward; instead of blatant lies, tell us the simple truth; our tranche money has been diverted and they are keeping us in-check to avoid any embarassment.

The last mail they sent really pissed me off, i just jejely held my peace.
Their next agenda is to go after those that have been working hard to ensure that we are heard.
Tell me that is not a calculated effort to disarm our struggle and i will direct you to yabaleft.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fatiaforreal: 8:45am On May 11, 2016
coolk:
Finally it is clear for all to see.
I loathe to be the pessimist here, but the writing is on the wall. I only state the obvious.

In case you still have doubts; read my words carefully: The Federal Ministry of finance will NOT release any tranche, not now or possibly ever. Unless we do the 'needful' we are doomed to wait till eternity.

Once they notice we are growing impatient, they cook some new lie to give us false hope; while their propaganda vehicle on social media inflames it. Then as usual, we fold our arms waiting for this very soon that never comes.

If only they could be straight forward; instead of blatant lies, tell us the simple truth; our tranche money has been diverted and they are keeping us in-check to avoid any embarassment.

The last mail they sent really pissed me off, i just jejely held my peace.
Their next agenda is to go after those that have been working hard to ensure that we are heard.
Tell me that is not a calculated effort to disarm our struggle and i will direct you to yabaleft.
Everyone knows how painful it is, but pls, keep the peace.
For everyone to be quiet means there's something in the pipeline, and there's hope it will arrive. Pls, my brother don't fight anybody's cause because nobody will be there for you. Do all you can to sustain your business, above all, it's your business.
In my view, though I'm not an economist, I think everything has to do with the budget irrespective of the source of the funding. All the best.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Redfox(m): 11:50am On May 11, 2016
...with the use of softwares like SPSS, Eviews,PcGive, STATA,Matlab,SQL, VBA and Microsoft Excel forecasting, Business, Social Research & Fixed income Analytic, we equip you with the right skills to break good.

SPSS Training Session
Please call in for seat reservation and more information.
Date: May 14/15, 2016
Venue: Terra Kulture,Plot 1376 Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Fee: On-request
Add-ons: Stata 11.1SE and Eviews 8.0 software free plus video tutorials.

Note: Those interested in any other tool should indicate for a different session.

Redfox
kingsleyukwuoma@gmail.com
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by coolk(m): 1:13pm On May 11, 2016
@fatiaforreal:
I observed that u are a GEM provisional winner and not a YouWinner; there is so much u are not privileged to. Never the less, know this: my statement was and is intended to 'RALLY' YouWinners into action.

We can sit and be silent while the invisible pipeline continues to run dry or we can do something.
I didn't mean fight; but resume and intensify our pressure thru Emails, visits and social media.

When i started this journey, as u are now with GEM, i had great hope that i could do something special... Can't say i have lost hope but my faith is at an all time low.
I am so close but yet so far.
My biz currently runs at 30% its capability. But for how long?
I hope u never go thru same.
Yet i don't feel pain, rather blessed.

U may not be an economist, but i am. Budgeting is useful when u have money to plan with.
Pls don't lecture me on how to source for finance cos i can guarantee that i know more than u do.

'If' we are paid today, i will joyfully eat my words.
If and only if...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fatiaforreal: 1:03am On May 12, 2016
coolk:
@fatiaforreal:
I observed that u are a GEM provisional winner and not a YouWinner; there is so much u are not privileged to. Never the less, know this: my statement was and is intended to 'RALLY' YouWinners into action.

We can sit and be silent while the invisible pipeline continues to run dry or we can do something.
I didn't mean fight; but resume and intensify our pressure thru Emails, visits and social media.

When i started this journey, as u are now with GEM, i had great hope that i could do something special... Can't say i have lost hope but my faith is at an all time low.
I am so close but yet so far.
My biz currently runs at 30% its capability. But for how long?
I hope u never go thru same.
Yet i don't feel pain, rather blessed.

U may not be an economist, but i am. Budgeting is useful when u have money to plan with.
Pls don't lecture me on how to source for finance cos i can guarantee that i know more than u do.

'If' we are paid today, i will joyfully eat my words.
If and only if...
Nothing untowards was intended, apology for anything you found wrong in my statements; real or perceived.
However, I'm not sure if you knew this thread before me. We all share similar aspirations when we registered in 2013, qualified for 2nd stage, went for training, and did the interview. That you find yourself in YouWin and I in GEM is an interplay of providence and destiny. You're an economist, fine, in engineering we know the significance of planning. The name you call it is only a matter of semantics. My business is technology based, prices of equipment are going up by the day and implications are obvious. My intention was just to encourage you and be extension, everyone including myself. I'm sorry you got it wrong. Please suit yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by olumze: 4:37am On May 12, 2016
Just read this. God bless all those who partook.

BREAKING NEWS:
YOUWIN 3 AWARDEES PROTEST OVER GROSS NEGLIGENCE BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

News reaching Arise News has it that protest is ongoing right now by the third set of beneficiaries of the highly successful Youth Enterprise With Innovation in Nigeria (YouWiN!) A job creation innovative programme that was a brain-child of Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla under Goodluck Jonathan administration. The protest is on now at the main gate of the Federal Ministry of Finance, Abuja, Nigeria.

The highly successful scheme that has created thousands of jobs since its inauguration in 2011 has produced three sets of beneficiaries. The first two sets of beneficiaries of the scheme have received all their grants, while the 3rd set that were supposed to receive their grants in three instalments (called tranches) have received first tranche in January 2015. Most second tranches were paid in May, 2015 before the GEJ administration handed over to this present government.

Ever since it had been from one story to another. Most YouWiN awardees have been frustrated as the YouWiN Secretariat always give them vain hope of disbursements of the remaining part of the second tranche and the payments of 3rd tranche that was supposed to be the final tranche payment. This unbearable development has not only handicapped all YouWiN 3 awardees businesses but it has also held them ransom as the continual promises kept all the awardees from looking elsewhere for loan or support.

From our correspondent interaction with some awardees we gathered that The YouWiN! Secretariat was alleged to have blamed the undue delay in paying the awardees on change in policies resulting from change of government. Precisely the bulk of the blame was on the proposed speedy implementation of the TSA.

According to the source that spoke to Arise News correspondent, "between February and early March 2016 a few awardees that were yet to receive their 2nd tranche were slowly paid; still leaving some awardees that were yet to receive their 2nd tranche unpaid. And till now nobody have received anything as 3rd tranche." He lamented.

Also from the confirmed reliable information available to Arise News, the YouWiN programme was jointly sponsored by the the federal government of Nigeria, the World Bank, Julius Berger and some commercial banks in Nigeria.

Arise News also confirmed that before Goodluck Jonathan handed over, all the remaining funds needed to complete all the tranches (payments) was deposited in the different partner commercial banks awaiting approval by the Federal Ministry of Finance for disbursement to the awardees.

When the APC administration took over, rather than giving approval for disbursement to all YouWiN 3 awardees that have satisfactorily met their milestones and recommended for payments; an order was given that all the funds should be unconditionally pushed to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). And that marked the beginning of the ordeal of these young innovative YouWiN 3 awardees that have forced them to sack not fewer than 4,500 of their workers.

The 1,500 third batch beneficiaries of the YouWiN programme have been groaning under the yoke of none payments of their remaining tranches by the government and they said that they have exploited all possible means of dialogue only to keep receiving promises of "Soon" "A couple of weeks" "A few weeks" from the YouWiN Secretariat that always ended up with another promise of "Very soon". This has forced them to adopt the option of a peaceful protest to appeal to the government to fulfil their own part of the contract, since the last administration with the other YouWiN partners including World Bank have made the total funds available before handing over on 29th May, 2016.

An awardee who pleaded anonymous also confirmed to Arise News correspondents that the massive protest is also on going on twitter with the hashtag:
#SaveYouwin3Businesses

Sunday Emma reporting for Arise News:

https://m.facebook.com/AriseNaijaMedia/
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:48am On May 12, 2016
Na waooo!Make federal government release the tranche to awardees wen don reach thier milestone naa..wich kain rubbish be dis sef.if dem no say dem no go pay d moni make dem com out tell d world say dem no go pay,instead of to dey play with d brains of people.nawaa for dis gufment oo.dis delay dey provoke me wella,because edey affect me indirectly.but one thing wen i knw be dem fit delay d tranches oo,but dem no go fit deny DESTINY..#dontgiveupyouwin3awardees.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fatiaforreal: 3:17pm On May 13, 2016
I hope this is not true. I hope its inaccurate.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eugene77: 9:52am On May 18, 2016
fatiaforreal:
I hope this is not true. I hope its inaccurate.
Every single word u read there is 100% true & accurate....
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by coolk(m): 10:40am On May 18, 2016
@olumze @eugene77

Any new info?
Plan on going to abuja soon (for unrelated biz); seems thats where its hot. I could do some reconnaissance while am there.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 1:20pm On May 20, 2016
hi guys. what is happening with youwin. i tried logging into their website, but getting insecure connection. infact this is the message i am getting.

Your connection is not secure

The owner of www.youwin.org.ng has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify misconfigured sites
[i][/i]

i hope it is not a serious problem.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 1:23pm On May 20, 2016
i also sent them mails but i am not getting any replies.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 11:45am On May 21, 2016
Youwin website... Chai!

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.