Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,919 members, 7,952,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:19 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (395340 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sholatech(m): 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Oluwajohn: One year is just too long for a business plan competition. In other countries where this is done, its completed in 3 to 4 months. The most important thing is that let the result be released so that we all know our fate!

Please which other country has Govt backed Business Plan competition for annual 1,000 grant entrepreneurs?
Let's not deride everything Nigerian.

Mtn did their first edition few years back after with fewer applications and to give only 3 winners. How long did it take to announce the winners?

To public knowledge, every phase of YOUWIN goes through series of Quality Assurance before lists are announced

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
sholatech:

Please which other country has Govt backed Business Plan competition for annual 1,000 grant entrepreneurs?

Mtn did their first edition few years back after with fewer applications and to give only 3 winners. How long did it take to announce the winners?

To public knowledge, every phase of YOUWIN goes through series of Quality Assurance before lists are announced

I'm with you on this.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Oluwajohn: 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
sholatech:
@Sholatech, am not deriding anything here, FG and the Youwin team have done a good job of going through the youwin1, youwin2 and now Youwin3 if what we are used to here in Nigeria is anything to go by. My point was just that a year period to sieve through and give grants is rather long, remember that it will take approximately another one year to fully disburse the funds. I will get you the list of few countries that have done something similar in the past! though am not sure if they gave up to 1200 awardees. I came across it while i was doing some background research on youwin.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
Oluwajohn:
@Sholatech, am not deriding anything here, FG and the Youwin team have done a good job of going through the youwin1, youwin2 and now Youwin3 if what we are used to here in Nigeria is anything to go by. My point was just that a year period to sieve through and give grants is rather long, remember that it will take approximately another one year to fully disburse the funds. I will get you the list of few countries that have done something similar in the past! though am not sure if they gave up to 1200 awardees. I came across it while i was doing some background research on youwin.
Israel and Singapore are examples of countries that did better than what we have. Notwithstanding Youwin is one of the most transparent and open program in recent history. Kudos to Mr President and Madam Ngozi

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
All these English you guys are sharing is not my concern....

Announcement is the koko.

In other news, I am not waiting....

I have a question...

Is it possible to apply to the state government for farm land allocation?

State is APC whilst youwin is PDP.

I am trying to minimise cost
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 8:15am On Sep 16, 2014
E no go pass this month @Youwin result
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 9:03am On Sep 16, 2014
bizhub: E no go pass this month @Youwin result

I want make e no even pass this week wallahi!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2014
Good morning
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 3:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
update...

i got my CAC incorporation documents today.

Thank God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 3:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
there is also an update on youwin website... a list of winners in a 'just concluded survey'

they won blackberry and ipad

okay o
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ahaika23: 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
Denn: there is also an update on youwin website... a list of winners in a 'just concluded survey'

they won blackberry and ipad

okay o
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
Who are those people??What is the survey for?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
bizhub: Who are those people??What is the survey for?

i was surprised as well.

i didnt know when a survey to win came up and pronto...some pople have won .

maybe i missed it sha (which i doubt because i had consistently followed their posts)
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by EKITI001: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
This is to inform you that TNS Gallup (RMS) is conducting an independent survey of young entrepreneurs in Nigeria. As part of this they are contacting YouWiN! applicants and awardees to interview them. We encourage you to respond to their survey if you are contacted, which will help in the design of programs to help young entrepreneurs in Nigeria
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by EKITI001: 3:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
Dats wat TNS survey is all about. and I think dis is d second tym dey will be doin dat. . So don't panic..
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Panic ke??I wnt to be interviewed,I need an ipad!!

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 7:01am On Sep 18, 2014
Denn:

Announcement will be after Thursday this week.

Not a day before.... I can place a bet on that permutation.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 7:07am On Sep 18, 2014
[quote author=bizhub][/quote]

I was right afterall....

Unfortunately
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 7:19am On Sep 18, 2014
From further analysis, the company conducting the survey, (TNS) would definitely review the statistics and make recommendations. This would be done minimum in a whole day (on Friday). Reports would be submitted to youwin at earliest on Monday and reviewed by youwin on Wednesday, due to government bureaucracy.

Recommendations would be made to the ministry of finance and decisions taken.

I am expecting next week Thursday at earliest.

Permutations of life....

E&OE
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 9:23am On Sep 18, 2014
Recommendations like......
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 9:34am On Sep 18, 2014
bizhub: Recommendations like......

I think youwin would want to know the percentage of potential awardees with completed business registration and the common reasons for non registration for the others. They might want to wade in with CAC to fast track those highlighted ones.

I am hopeful that we don't have a lot of non registered /incorporated awardees.

Survey was focused only on CAC.

Businesses should be registered so we could open accounts and receive fund tranches... On time.

Elections are by the corner.

Permutations still
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 11:48am On Sep 19, 2014
Waiting don tire person!

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by folabey: 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
And the winners are ...........
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
folabey: And the winners are ...........
Northeast: 1.Neksummi...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bamistol: 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
Congratulations, Fellow Millionaires. It is certain that from now we can start expecting our congratulatory messages on been finally selected as YouWiN! final winners. Yes, we have gone a long way and YouWiN! admin cannot afford to delay any longer. I knew that the result CAN NOT be out before today in view of the survey. That is why I took vacation from Nairaland since then.

Now we can start expecting our Good News.

Wish all Nairalander success. As we shall meet face to face in Abuja during the award dinner and signing ceremony.

See you there!

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 10:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
Does the survey have anything to do with the final result?some people that didn't attend the interview got the mail and some people that attended the interview didn't get the survey mail??But the have a photocopy of the registration with Cac ??
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 10:30am On Sep 20, 2014
This thread has gone so dry.... Let's make it more useful.

Any tips for a start-up crop farmer? Business tips on success and the x factors to consider
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fieldbounty(m): 10:54am On Sep 20, 2014
@ Denn: get all ur inputs before u start land preparation at all.
#adviceFromExperience
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
fieldbounty: @ Denn: get all ur inputs before u start land preparation at all.
#adviceFromExperience

hnmmm. thanks
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
@Den. You also have to be careful of d land itself. Some soil will need a whole lot of fertilizer and manure Cuz d soil might lack nutrients, some soils might also not be good for some kinds of crop. Find out the history of any land u want to use... Cheers
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
You guys don't need to be worried, the final awardee list would be announced any moment from now. Maybe next week.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
Three 3 weeks after the Panel Interview: If it took them just 3 weeks to interview us, it shouldn't take them more than 3 weeks to make the result known nah. This waiting is getting to something else o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (149) (Reply)

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.