Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389906 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
As at yesterday when I went to Access, they told us dt we should pay any amount. But going there today wt my full documents, they just vetted everything and told me to go without asking for a dime. They said d account might b ready tomorrow. So lemme hope.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
Nigerians ehh. TIN is free, but d tax controller here on noticing we were Youwin candidates started extorting money from us to d tune of 5k each before agreeing to sign our stuffs, else he will subject us to time wasting exercises like checking ur biz premises. Ppl can b envious and wicked.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jeffmyson(m): 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
@Bigboyz32, what the FIRS official did was unethical and fraudulent. You and others who also paid such a bribe (egunje) are also culpable. I expect better from all youwin awardee's, you have got here on merit and I expect all awardee to incorporate ethics in your business and avoid fraud, bribery and corruption in your business and daily life. Youwin awardee's are the future of a "New Nigeria".

Please kindly go to this link and report this unethical behavior to the FIRS for immediate action. www.firs.gov.ng/aboutus/Pages/Fraud-Alert.aspx

For the avoidance of doubt, FIRS abhors such behavior as reported by you, you can choose to be anonymous in your submission . TIN is FREE and no one should extort you to get it. Also make sure you never patronize touts at FIRS offices, Go inside yourself and make your enquiries and transact your business.

I know in your desperation to getr things done, you might be tempted to cut corners, however our life as a nation has been like this because people deliberately refuse to follow the due process.
God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
jeffmyson:
@Bigboyz32, what the FIRS official did was unethical and fraudulent. You and others who also paid such a bribe (egunje) are also culpable. I expect better from all youwin awardee's, you have got here on merit and I expect all awardee to incorporate ethics in your business and avoid fraud, bribery and corruption in your business and daily life. Youwin awardee's are the future of a "New Nigeria".

Please kindly go to this link and report this unethical behavior to the FIRS for immediate action. www.firs.gov.ng/aboutus/Pages/Fraud-Alert.aspx

For the avoidance of doubt, FIRS abhors such behavior as reported by you, you can choose to be anonymous in your submission . TIN is FREE and no one should extort you to get it. Also make sure you never patronize touts at FIRS offices, Go inside yourself and make your enquiries and transact your business.

I know in your desperation to getr things done, you might be tempted to cut corners, however our life as a nation has been like this because people deliberately refuse to follow the due process.
God bless you!
Please be realistic.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jeffmyson(m): 6:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
@Blink182 what do you want to be realistic? What those guys did was wrong and they should never have given money for something that was free!. For the avoidance of doubt! This so called FIRS guy will be emboldened now to collect money from others who might not be able to afford it.

Those guys could have gotten their TIN number without paying if they had wanted to! However they choose to pay and therefore aided and abetted the corruption of a treasury official.

Please all awardees! If you are asked for bribe for TIN by any FIRS official, simply go to the link I posted and report it, you can choose to be anonymous.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by globaldream(m): 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
@jimmyferson... I love your response. Youwin awardess are future of nigeria. We are proved that you can get things moving on merit. ... So inspiring.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Krak(m): 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2014
blink182:
Please be realistic.

He is right.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
My little advise is that we should be careful how we let people know that we are you win awardees.... I got my TIN without any one knowing anything about Uwin, just as a regular business name,...
When people know u are from you win De also want to eat from the national cake that has been given to u.( DAT is d way De see it)
Imagine u are to buy a piece if land or equipment for 1m on a good day, however if we announce or behave like you win grin that piece of land or equipment will be 1.5m.

So let's be careful please...( with all due respect)

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by KappaJ1: 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
jeffmyson:

God bless you!

@jeffmyson, u said it all. Nigeria will not change unless we decide to make that change in our own little ways. It is alarming paying 5k just to get TIN that should be free. How are u going to account for that in your books? The earlier we stop this our 'national cake' mentality the better for us. Youwin money is not free money. It is given to us not to share, but to create jobs. It is still too early to start unnecessary expenses.

@ Bigboyz32, the problem is we always want to get everything sharp sharp and in the process we do what we are not supposed to do. I did my TIN application today and did not pay a dime. They said it will be ready next wk but it is still ok. I can still open d account pending when the TIN is ready to regularize. Youwin can still pay in money once i have an account number. The only thing is that I might not be able to withdraw till all the documentations are ready.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by vinoz: 12:38am On Nov 06, 2014
Hi all,

Please I am forced to contribute to the FIRS tin. Just to quickly introduce myself, I am an Awardee into enterprise skills training and management consultancy. TIN is free and I got my in 1 day, so need to fret and engage in unwholesome act to get even the simpliest things done.

I agree with the guy who said we should set an example for the "new Nigeria" we want.For d guy we said we should be realistic, that is totally not it though you are entitled to you opinion, that has not help us as nation. So guys let make a difference.

It is doable to fix our dear country by doing away with those traditions including bribery, fraud that has hindered our progress as a people. All the best in your businesses.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 06, 2014
@Jeffymyson. So after reporting at d link, wt happens? Will it make him endorse d TIN? Look at it this way: We registered at cac wt our home address wt d hope dt wen d funds come in, we'll rent a biz premises. Now where do we take d TIN man to? Our house? Well you guys were not in our shoes.

For those who are saying we should hide our identity as Youwin awardees, we met ourselves there and were many. So it was easy for them to decipher through our chats and discussions.

Anyway, pray never to fall into dt kind of blackmail or temptation
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jeffmyson(m): 9:25am On Nov 06, 2014
@Bigboyz32, the TIN man need not visit your premises for any inspection before you get your TIN. He simply preyed on your lack of knowledge about how TIN works. FIRS has made it abundantly clear that you go to FIRS office with your registration documents and get TIN number, that's all.

Secondly what stops you from taking them to your home. People do business from their home, the law does not forbid you from running a business from your home. Its called "SOHO", small office, Home Office.

Please don't justify your actions. Go that link and report it. What the FIRS man did was wrong.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by KappaJ1: 9:26am On Nov 06, 2014
Bigboyz32:
@Jeffymyson. So after reporting at d link, wt happens? Will it make him endorse d TIN? Look at it this way: We registered at cac wt our home address wt d hope dt wen d funds come in, we'll rent a biz premises. Now where do we take d TIN man to? Our house? Well you guys were not in our shoes.

For those who are saying we should hide our identity as Youwin awardees, we met ourselves there and were many. So it was easy for them to decipher through our chats and discussions.

Anyway, pray never to fall into dt kind of blackmail or temptation

I'm not in ur shoes, so i won't be able to judge. But the fact that u guys were many (smart guys) and the man was bold enough to obtain all of u to the tune of 5k without fear of being reported still amazes me. We still have a long way to go in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 11:42am On Nov 06, 2014
@BigBigboyz d truth is that we were not in your shoes or rather we were not placed in the same position as you were placed, I believe MOST of us would have done d same thing, that's d honest truth.

However I will beg to suggest that its important will critisize (we learn from it), PLEASE all DAT is needed is CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM. No need to make any one feel bad or look foolish...

What ever experiences we share is for us to learn from.

Cheers
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by yakssson(m): 7:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hello, after Bank Account opened how can I send the Account details to YouWin Secretariat? My bank is Stanbic IBTC Bank (North West)
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bongo2011: 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
yakssson:
Hello, after Bank Account opened how can I send the Account details to YouWin Secretariat? My bank is Stanbic IBTC Bank (North West)

It is not your responsibility to send your account detail to Youwin. Rather, the bank Youwin requested you to open account with will do that. I belief the bank's contact was provided in the email sent to you for opening of account, so get in-touch with the person indicated.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 4:51am On Nov 07, 2014
yakssson:

I guess you will be directed in due time.

I've been in Abuja since Wednesday. Anyone who wants to meet me? Get in touch.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by aofete: 6:54am On Nov 07, 2014
we must change the way we think and also the way we do things from now on. Let me tell you my experience at the TIN office in Warri. Based on the knowledge I got from this FORUM I approached the officer and ask for my TIN number he started the process didn't ask for anything initially but later said that I need to give him 1000 naira to facilitate the process. My reply was that I don't have no long story. I got my TIN and my VAT.
Lets not explain away our short coming accept and make appropriate correction. There is no way the officer will asked to come and visit your premises before issuing TIN because you have not commence business
KappaJ1:

I'm not in ur shoes, so i won't be able to judge. But the fact that u guys were many (smart guys) and the man was bold enough to obtain all of u to the tune of 5k without fear of being reported still amazes me. We still have a long way to go in this country.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 7:32am On Nov 07, 2014
@neksummi ,Im in Abuja bruv...lets hook up...08167566759
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 07, 2014
aofete:
we must change the way we think and also the way we do things from now on. Let me tell you my experience at the TIN office in Warri. Based on the knowledge I got from this FORUM I approached the officer and ask for my TIN number he started the process didn't ask for anything initially but later said that I need to give him 1000 naira to facilitate the process. My reply was that I don't have no long story. I got my TIN and my VAT.
Lets not explain away our short coming accept and make appropriate correction. There is no way the officer will asked to come and visit your premises before issuing TIN because you have not commence business
Finally, I get to meet a deltan awardee. What business are you into?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by aofete: 9:35am On Nov 07, 2014
Cable TV Distribution. Where are you in delta?
blink182:
Finally, I get to meet a deltan awardee. What business are you into?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 07, 2014
aofete:
Cable TV Distribution. Where are you in delta?
Saptown
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2014
Bigboyz32:
@Jeffymyson. So after reporting at d link, wt happens? Will it make him endorse d TIN?

It might not make him endorse your TIN right now, it however could save a million more people that should become his Victims if left unchecked and you never know, the next person my be someone you know or care about!

chukwuka12:
I believe MOST of us would have done d same thing, that's d honest truth

No! A couple of us wouldn't have done the same thing, infact, some of us who experienced something related to that did something different. The only honest truth is that we were not in their positions and we've got a different mindset.

chukwuka12:
PLEASE all DAT is needed is CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM. No need to make any one feel bad or look foolish...

For all I know, that what this thread stands for and have always done, except it changed yesterday that I wasn't here! Often time "Truth" doesn't sounds obviously constructive, but that's easily detected with the mindset that anybody can make mistake and when I do, I acknowledge it, see my error, learn from it, informed and empowered by it and become better to do it right/better the next time".

YOUWIN ALWAYS SAY:
Participation in YouWiN! is FREE for all components of the program. Candidates and awardees are advised to
make no payments to anybody on account of YouWiN! participation and are required to immediately contact the
secretariat
should anyone request payment.

...personally this align with my mindset and I took courage from it 'no matter what position' right from the beginning and all the way.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by DonEwexco(m): 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2014
is this Youwin still on going? because I have business ideal at hand
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
DonEwexco:
is this Youwin still on going? because I have business ideal at hand
Lol
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
@edundayo, well said.........
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Adulphus(m): 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2014
Bigboyz32:
As at yesterday when I went to Access, they told us dt we should pay any amount. But going there today wt my full documents, they just vetted everything and told me to go without asking for a dime. They said d account might b ready tomorrow. So lemme hope.

I went to ACCESS BANK Branch At Enugu Yesterday with my full documents and they also ask me to go after filling the form without asking for any Payment. When I told my friend, he said maybe they forgot to ask me. Please anybody with such experience again from ACCESS BANK?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by DonEwexco(m): 6:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
blink182:
Lol
which planet are you from, to ask question is crime over there? tongue
blink182:
Lol
which planet are you from, to ask question is crime over there?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
DonEwexco:

which planet are you from, to ask question is crime over there? tongue
which planet are you from, to ask question is crime over there?
I only laughed, you really can't judge my motive from that.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by manya(m): 9:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
I was in zenith bank bauchi this morning. what i understood is that some banks are more serious than others. while stanbic ibtc called all its awardee in the northwest, zenith are just receiving the message from their lagos headquarters this morning while i was in the bank. until this morning they were telling us we had to pay 50k as opening deposit cos they knew nothing about the program officially.
i was able to see the content of the letter. it was said in it that accounts should be opened for the under-listed youwin awardees, opening deposit waived, COT waived etc. i saw the list of all awardees in the NE with their addresses and phone numbers.
the man was then looking sorry and asked me to provide the account opening documents as listed in the letter and account will be opened for me with N0.00.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by manya(m): 9:11pm On Nov 07, 2014
AGAIN, some awardees in youwin 2 and 3 were invited for an exhibition to showcase their products in the banquent hall, vill at an event during which Mr President will launch MSE venture capital fund on 17 this month.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
manya:
AGAIN, some awardees in youwin 2 and 3 were invited for an exhibition to showcase their products in the banquent hall, vill at an event during which Mr President will launch MSE venture capital fund on 17 this month.
Can you explain the VC fund more and the target businesses?

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.