Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion (12760 Views)

Tecno L3 Vs P3 - Clash Of The Brothers!!!! / How To Root Tecno L3 / New Tecno L3 Litle Show+pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 6:22am On Aug 06, 2013
dellaziz: guys abeg..when i connect my usb to the system and my fone and i see the MTDK PRELOADER...my fone starts charging and i can't install , what would i do...urgent please
don't worry abt that ...just ride on
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 6:25am On Aug 06, 2013
ademony: After installing d driver, I couldn't find Mediatek....... In Device manager. What app should I use to extract the files?
did u follow the tutorial link I drooped earlier concerning installing MTK65xxVCOM Drivers..cos if u did dat correctly
....u shudnt experience dis
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 6:26am On Aug 06, 2013
slikcipher: Thanks

u r welcom

1 Like

Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 6:33am On Aug 06, 2013
paulabdeel: Good job. Please can you do a similar thing for the N7? Your tutorial makes more sense. Thanks in advance.

uwc. ...
did dat a long time ago...though not on nairaland..
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by slikcipher(m): 7:43am On Aug 06, 2013
ademony: After installing d driver, I couldn't find Mediatek....... In Device manager. What app should I use to extract the files?

I guess you are using a 64bit OS. open device manager, expand "ports(Com & LPT)" , then plug your device you'll find the driver.

NB: device driver will appear briefly
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Geestunnar(m): 9:02am On Aug 06, 2013
can you use the same process to root tecno M3
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by dellaziz(m): 9:15am On Aug 06, 2013
Dmedalion: don't worry abt that ...just ride on
....it was saying reconnect..oga mi
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by mustytatabu: 9:19am On Aug 06, 2013
@ dmedalion plz wat do u min by "unpack to their seprate folders" kinda lost, hlp plz
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by dellaziz(m): 10:41am On Aug 06, 2013
guys i want to download it from 4shared..should i use b1 or zip
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by adelolaa(m): 10:45am On Aug 06, 2013
Dmedalion: First and formost ........it has been a great Battle so far.
that some of us even gave up on L3 due to Rooting prob.

Now Credits to those who made things happen on L3
Datz one thing i dont lack in my "made easy Tutorials" giving credits to those who deserve it

Credits to XDA-Devs for this
Credits to herrlekan of Nairaland for source linking and being the first to ROOT this Baby..hehe
Credits to Nekedchris of Nairaland for sharing his Shellroot boot.img and recovery.img files
(the guy who has made it easy)
Now Credits to myself as usual Dmedalion of Gursulodge for the "Made easy Tutorial' ...hehehe

Requirements :

SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.01

TecnoL3 Boot + recovery ShellRoot kit by nekedchris

MT6577 USB VCOM drivers

mtkdroidtools-v248

USBDview

MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt

NOw this above files are all packed in the below ROOTkit

after downloading unpack all to their seperate folders.

follow this link to install MTKDrivers correctly without any feature error

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2206421

when your driver is properly installed,

then Open Flashtool You'll need to load the Scatter

Open SPFlashtool and check the far right corner of the app and click on [scatter-loadind]

locate the [MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt] file u extracted earlier.

after loading..scroll down then list of HEX values and tick [Bootimg]

then click on the name 'bootimg' .

a page pops up then locate the [L3_130613__boot_patched_130804-160810.img] file which u extracted

earlier from [TecnoL3 Boot + recovery ShellRoot...] inside the rootkit and load it,

do the same for the next option below [BOOTIMG] which is Recoveryimg.

and load the second file[L3_130613__recovery_130804-160810.img] inside the [TecnoL3 Boot + recovery ShellRoot...] folder.

after loding both file . click on [Downolad] at the top tab of sp flashtool..

now connect ur device via USB with battery in it but switched off.

A red process bar should popup below and wait for it to finish till u c a green circle pop-up..

now unplug ur device and switch it on.

MTKDroidTools. device needs to be connected and debugging enabled.

switch to "root, backup, recovery" and press on " SuperUser". this will push superuser, SU
binary and busybox to your device.

Your Device is NOW rooted ...............

Team L3 on Whstsapp Group

am still in the flashtools. coz flashtools as been downloading more than one hour. and i can't see any red or green light. or please where can i see d red light
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by benspeakout: 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dmedalion:

1. no internet required after getting d above files
2. sim card or no sim...its not a problem
3.no partition is needed
4. won't take u up to 15minutes if u are quick in understanding

Thanks for the reply.
Lastly, Is it possible to back up the stock rom before rooting? If Yes, how is it done. If No, how do we backup our rom after rooting, just in case. Hope clockwork mod recovery is possible.
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by queenet246(f): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
please am really confused here. i dont know anything about this things you guys are talking about. though i dont have the phone yet but i plan on getting it from now till weekend. thanks in anticipation while breaking it down for me.
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by dellaziz(m): 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
guys abeg who fit help me with the rooting in ABK.. cos I have tried download ing all these files to no avail..it just wouldn't download...: (((
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by slikcipher(m): 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
adelolaa:

am still in the flashtools. coz flashtools as been downloading more than one hour. and i can't see any red or green light. or please where can i see d red light

read the steps carefully..... U are to connect your phone after you click on download. make sure your phone is turned off
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by dellaziz(m): 12:46am On Aug 07, 2013
abeg ..is there any other place i can download another shell root kit cos this one no open sad((
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by dellaziz(m): 1:38am On Aug 07, 2013
guys help o..dis is what I get when I try to install this shell rooting L3..
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by dellaziz(m): 1:44am On Aug 07, 2013
ff

Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Nobody: 3:49am On Aug 07, 2013
i think the bootimg and the recovery is corrupt
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by hawdi(m): 4:29am On Aug 07, 2013
Woohoo! Y'all are the f*cking bomb yo! Jes rooted this sweet baby........*oppa gangnam style*. Love ya all #noHomo
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 4:57am On Aug 07, 2013
hawdi: Woohoo! Y'all are the f*cking bomb yo! Jes rooted this sweet baby........*oppa gangnam style*. Love ya all #noHomo
lolz...dance am well oh
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 4:58am On Aug 07, 2013
9jadelta: i think the bootimg and the recovery is corrupt
goes u r d 1st person saying dat....recheck Ur doings man......
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 5:01am On Aug 07, 2013
benspeakout:

Thanks for the reply.
Lastly, Is it possible to back up the stock rom before rooting? If Yes, how is it done. If No, how do we backup our rom after rooting, just in case. Hope clockwork mod recovery is possible.
u cant backup b4 rootin.
CWM is posible..I prefer online nandroid back
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by hawdi(m): 5:42am On Aug 07, 2013
Dmedalion: lolz...dance am well oh

Yes boss
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by axbobplus1912(m): 8:13am On Aug 07, 2013
Pls dmendalion can I use pdanet USB instead of mtk USB driver cos my phone was nt recognised
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by dellaziz(m): 8:44am On Aug 07, 2013
dellaziz: guys help o..dis is what I get when I try to install this shell rooting L3..

Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Youngzedd(m): 10:00am On Aug 07, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Dat mtk installation thread is confusing... d gUy English na die

Na bomb.
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by ademony(m): 11:39am On Aug 07, 2013
Thanks bro- Dmed... U make sense

Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
@dmeddalion

MTK droid root still didnt find the phone after installing everything sad
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Youngzedd(m): 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
Finally.

Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Xymc1(m): 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
Help me please i don't understand what u meant by
"after downloading unpack all to their seperate
folders." please help.
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
Xymc...:
Help me please i don't understand what u meant by
"after downloading unpack all to their seperate
folders." please help.

U av 5 chickens...and dey r abt to lay eggs....u need to know d eggs layed by each of Ur 5chickens....

U put 5 of them in separate cages each inside one compound...

Datz what I mean by unpack each to a desperate/different folders each
Re: Tecno L3 Shellrootkit Made Easy By Dmedalion by Dmedalion: 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
9jadelta: @dmeddalion

MTK droid root still didnt find the phone after installing everything sad
av u tried d the Sp flashtool process...h

try it if d flashing of both files r successful... den d drivers r running..just try dat step nw

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mobile file sharing sites / Tecno Camon CX Unboxing And Quick Review Video / Itel Lists Apps And Features Of The A70

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.