Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Can Someone Please Interpret This Forbes Thought Of The Day? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Can Someone Please Interpret This Forbes Thought Of The Day? (673 Views)

LOLS Someone To Interpret This Picture Please N.B Not Seeking Attention / Have You Ever Thought Of Committing Suicide? / Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Please Interpret This Forbes Thought Of The Day? by nenergy(m): 6:52am On Aug 05, 2013
Nairaland, i found this tricky quote on the Forbes website. Please can someone interpret for me. My brain RAM is max-ed. undecided

“It's better to be quotable than to be honest.”
— Tom Stoppard
Re: Can Someone Please Interpret This Forbes Thought Of The Day? by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 05, 2013
Thinking....
Re: Can Someone Please Interpret This Forbes Thought Of The Day? by nenergy(m): 1:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
Haba Nairaland, where are the thinkers? help a brother now
Re: Can Someone Please Interpret This Forbes Thought Of The Day? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2013
Thought on it and could not grasp exactly what that quote meant.
Could it mean that you should be careful with the words you utter than being right in your actions? So that you can defend your words in the nearest future?

Cant say precisely. There must be a meaning to it.
But wait first.... You sef! How come you are bothering yourself over a quote? What would this quote do for you in the first place? Will it add money to your pocket or put food on your table?
Hmhmm, issokay.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Interpret This Forbes Thought Of The Day? by nenergy(m): 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
idnoble135:
But wait first.... You sef! How come you are bothering yourself over a quote? What would this quote do for you in the first place? Will it add money to your pocket or put food on your table?
Hmhmm, issokay.
Hahahaha. Nor mind me, d thing tire me so i say make i ask 9ja people.
Re: Can Someone Please Interpret This Forbes Thought Of The Day? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
nenergy:
Hahahaha. Nor mind me, d thing tire me so i say make i ask 9ja people.
issokay.
Hope you are fine?
Re: Can Someone Please Interpret This Forbes Thought Of The Day? by Fkforyou(m): 11:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
"It's better to say what people want to hear than to be honest all the time"......(this strategy has advantage wen trying to sell ur prod. or during advertisement).....my 2cents anyway.....

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Interpret This Forbes Thought Of The Day? by nenergy(m): 12:32am On Aug 06, 2013
Fkforyou: "It's better to say what people want to hear than to be honest all the time"......(this strategy has advantage wen trying to sell ur prod. or during advertisement).....my 2cents anyway.....
Makes sense... I buy it'
Re: Can Someone Please Interpret This Forbes Thought Of The Day? by otipoju(m): 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
To my mind it means that you consider the impact of your words on others and employ a great deal of tact in speaking with people and should make your words pleasing to the ears of your listeners than to hit them with the bitter truth... Which in many cases breeds enmity from a vast majority who cannot stomach it.
My intepretation is coloured by my personal experience when I used to be frank with people until I realised that it created enemies and nowadays I have adapted and just play along and mind my own business.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Interpret This Forbes Thought Of The Day? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
Simple: its better to say what everybody will like than say the truth that will eventually be hurtful.
As you know, Truth is bitter. The truth can cause a rage and war.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Agagu's Burial In Ondo State / Super Obesed Man Compelled To Buy Two Plane Tickets::::::::::::::: / Igboman Conferred With Yoruba Masquerade’s Title In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.