Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

I Feel That Buhari And Tinubu Have Made Nigeria A One Party State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Feel That Buhari And Tinubu Have Made Nigeria A One Party State. (571 Views)

Dasuki: How Buhari And Apc Are Turning Nigeria To One-party State / Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State / PDP Accuses APC Of Plot To Impose One-party State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel That Buhari And Tinubu Have Made Nigeria A One Party State. by Ikengawo: 7:02am On Aug 05, 2013

The 2011 map is more telling than anything. CPC isn't able to mount a candidate that can beat PDP despite putting its more popular foot (Buhari) forwards.

ACN can only deliver one state federally despite almost controlling an entire region.

Considering the fact that Buhari's votes weren't CPC votes, they were votes for the person of Buhari (as they were equally formidable when he was with ANPP, which crumbled in national popularity after him), ACN and CPC combine still isn't enough to beat the majority PDP has.

So what's the end result? All of Nigeria's opposition has be put into the same leaky ship and as it sink PDP is left as the only real party in Nigeria by an even further margin than ever before.

Despite propaganda, GEJ is still very popular in the west as is shown by the fact that he, as an opposition candidate, won the entire region by a landslide.

Rochas can't deliver the east and his re-election is questionable
Amaechi isn't leaving PDP and if he does, he can't deliver the east or SS
GEJ has won the SW before and can/will again unless yoruba is the APC candidate
GEJ is even more popular in the north now that he was in the last election because people aren't as interested in the Yar Adua mandate as they were before.

1 Like

Re: I Feel That Buhari And Tinubu Have Made Nigeria A One Party State. by abes(m): 7:20am On Aug 05, 2013
Thank God it's just your feeling, but nobody gives a damn about what you feel.
Re: I Feel That Buhari And Tinubu Have Made Nigeria A One Party State. by dlight1(m): 7:49am On Aug 05, 2013
You forgot to mention that those are just ur thoughts which may probably amount to nothing politics is not a 2+2= 4 thing
Re: I Feel That Buhari And Tinubu Have Made Nigeria A One Party State. by YesBosss(m): 8:51am On Aug 05, 2013
Since its your feelings, lip sealed. wink

(1) (Reply)

Deconstructing El-rufai / Taraba State Governor Is Finally Back In Nigeria / News Analysis: 2015 And The Fight For The Soul Of PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.