Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Temptation ; The Story Of Love - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Temptation ; The Story Of Love (13244 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by ZBZDGaffer(m): 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
1mic_cza: Nice Job bro,I love your style. Keep up the good work..

Spactacle: Nice story man,,thumbs up ....keep it blazing,,,,am feeling d vibe

BukkyDan: Woow! Very good!
#grabs my seat#

Thank you very much for the praise and encouragement. I'll do my best to keep the ink flowing. Keep following too. thanks.
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by Sangarara: 5:48pm On Aug 11, 2013
ZBZDGaffer:

Thank you very much for the praise and encouragement. I'll do my best to keep the ink flowing. Keep following too. thanks.
Good thinking real,but it is like u are still updating this thing now now,right?
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 11, 2013
So this will be my first time of following a story right frm d start on Nairaland. I hope twill be worth following. U started on a good note though. I hope u keep it up
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by ZBZDGaffer(m): 6:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
Next Chapter. Once more, do well to leave your comments and thoughts. I really appreciate you guys who are already following. Thanks for the positive feedback too. And to silent readers, do well to comment. Have a nice day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was grateful, but the prevailing emotion was surprise. I was surprised that someone was willing to brave the night in a land that was relatively new to him or her to help an individual he or she barely knew. Jessica was truly a wonderful person. After a while, the doctor came out to inform us that Nneka wasn’t dead, but that she had some medical condition. He mentioned some things about a genetic collagen deficiency which led to temporary muscle paralysis probably triggered by a stressful situation. He went on to say some other things I couldn’t process or remember. All I recalled with clarity was the overwhelming sense of relief that flooded me the moment I heard him say ‘She’s not dead’. The doctor advised we left her there for a while so he could study the peculiarity of her case and suggest the best way forward. Soon after, myself, Jessica and her brother left. Before they dropped me off at my house, we first took a detour to Nneka’s place where we secured her property and my car.

The next morning, before heading to work, I got an auto-mechanic and took him to Nneka’s place to look at my car. It turned out that it was a minor problem with the battery terminals which he fixed very easily. I opened Nneka’s room, cleaned the pool of blood on the blue-tiled floor and pocketed the sheet of paper where Jessica had written down her number the day before. I took a few clothes and other basic necessities from her packed bags, then locked up and left for Helix Medical Centre. I was very happy to see Nneka awake though still less vivacious than normal. Her skin was a bit pale especially her face which appeared almost ghostly white. Against my better judgment to let her rest, and as a result of her insistence, I told her everything that went down the day before. She was very surprised that ‘this Jessica’(as she put it) was so willing to help and looked at me funnily when I said Jessica was a lovely person. She wanted to say some more but I urged her to rest and regain her strength. Soon after, her drugs kicked in and she fell asleep. I left her sleeping and went to work.

2 Likes

Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by ZBZDGaffer(m): 6:30pm On Aug 12, 2013
zeemoore: So this will be my first time of following a story right frm d start on Nairaland. I hope twill be worth following. U started on a good note though. I hope u keep it up

I feel honored that you decided to follow my story. I will continue to do my best. thanks.

Sangarara:
Good thinking real,but it is like u are still updating this thing now now,right?

yea, I am. The story is still very much a work in progress. I hope I can continue to garner more readers to constructively criticize the work. Thanks
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by aprilwise(m): 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
It's a nice story
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by ZBZDGaffer(m): 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
Next Chapter. Once more, do well to leave your comments and thoughts. I really appreciate you guys who are already following. Thanks for the positive feedback too. And to silent readers, do well to comment. Have a nice day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------

My mind returned to the present. Jessica had a fiancé. How? Why? How come she hadn’t mentioned it? We had grown really close in the last two months so it must have been a really difficult task to keep such big news under wraps. Over those months, I called her at least once every two days. On occasion, I would call as much as thrice a day. She was so easy to discuss with, her voice so soft and soothing. We would talk for hours at times; laughing, sharing funny stories and just allowing our imaginations run wild as we laughed and discussed the unpredictability of the future. While I did the majority of the calling, she always texted me. She would send all types of texts from the short ‘Hey, Wats up?’s to the long poetic messages about how she valued our friendship. I had grown to really care about her without actually seeing her in the course of those months. Now I was with her, it was unbelievable how palpable the chemistry between us was. She had just come into town the day before and I insisted we hung out the next day. She obliged and I brought her to my favorite restaurant- Sky High. I didn’t spend too long on chit chat. Immediately we had ordered a meal, I poured out my heart to her, telling her how I never felt the way I felt about her with anyone else, telling her how badly I wanted her to be mine, telling her how often I thought about her and how I couldn’t keep those thoughts to myself anymore. She looked at me and the expression on her face was one I had never seen before. A sullen, solemn look had settled in where excitement and exuberance once shone proudly as she said;

‘I have a fiancé’

I was shocked. My brain refused to process the message my ears were passing across. I opened my mouth to say something . . . anything . . . but I couldn’t form the words. After what felt like forever, I eventually asked;

‘Where is he now?’

She looked down at the table and replied;

‘Offshore’

And after a short pause added ‘He works on a rig offshore’.

‘Okay’ I said.

It was all I could say.

1 Like

Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by ZBZDGaffer(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2013
april wise: It's a nice story

Thanks a lot. I'll keep putting in the work.
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by Mykhel10(m): 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
9c work...kip it rollin am just addictd 2 ur write up...waitn 4 ur nxt update
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by ZBZDGaffer(m): 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
Mykhel10: 9c work...kip it rollin am just addictd 2 ur write up...waitn 4 ur nxt update

I'm very grateful for the compliments, Thanks. Will continue putting down more parts as often as time allows me.
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
Y
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by Mykhel10(m): 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
Pls try n kip us updated more often. I'm sure dis story wil mak d front page...gud work bro more greez 2 ur fingers
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by ZBZDGaffer(m): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
Mykhel10: Pls try n kip us updated more often. I'm sure dis story wil mak d front page...gud work bro more greez 2 ur fingers

I really wish i could upload more often but I'm severely constrained by time and I'm about to get a whole lot busier too. thanks a lot for the following and enjoying the story. Will continue to put in my best as often as I can. But I'll put up the next chapter now.
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by ZBZDGaffer(m): 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the night went on uneventfully. I dropped her off at Chizzie’s house later on and went home. I undressed, showered, got into my pajamas and lay on my bed with the lights off, air condition at 16 degrees, everywhere very quiet. I replayed Jessica’s words in my head again and again. I have a fiancé. I could not understand why she hadn’t told me about it earlier, why she didn’t see such a crucial detail as important, why she would lead me on, knowing fully well how close we were growing to one another. As I lay there lost in thought, a shrill sound pierced my fortress of solitude and self reflection. I opened my eyes to see my phone ringing. The caller ID read ‘Jessica’. I let it ring till it disconnected. It rang a few more times but I ignored each. Then after about ten minutes, I heard a different tone, a shorter one, it was a message. As I reached to see the contents of the message, the phone began to ring again. This time, it was a call from Nneka. She told me she had something to tell me which was very important and that she was coming over to see me. I couldn’t say no to Nneka, she was one of a few true friends I still had.

Over the last two months, I had spent a significant amount of time with Nneka. I had informed her office of her health issues, visited her at the hospital everyday till she was discharged and paid her regular visits since she was discharged to find out how she was doing. The doctor had recommended drugs and a strict fat-free diet to help her get back to full fitness – two things she really hated. Owing to this, I felt compelled to visit her regularly to encourage her to stick to the doctor’s orders and to cheer her up. However, I couldn’t fathom why she would be coming to visit me this night. It was strange. She sounded pretty terse on the phone and I was really concerned. I glanced at the big circular clock in my bedroom, it had just crossed 8:30pm. I looked at my phone and saw that the message was from Jessica. I opened it and saw a very long message. It read;

‘Hey, dear. How are you? I’m really sorry for not telling you about my fiancé. We’ve been engaged for about three months but I don’t love him. I only accepted his proposal because we’ve been dating since I was in high school. The truth is I was really scared of pushing you away and that’s why I never mentioned him. You’ve made me so happy these last two months and made me feel things I haven’t felt about anyone. Please dear, I’m in a very tight situation, give me a little time to work this out. I love you’.

2 Likes

Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2013
grin
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by femmyadje(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2013
wat a way to end dis post.abeg make next one come sharp sharp.nice work is an understatement. thumbs up 
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by Smhart1(f): 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2013
Wow
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by primus101(f): 4:39pm On Aug 14, 2013
The fact that you have a very efficient vocab. pleases me. I love your story, please keep it up.

One more thing, please describe your scenes and characters. This will help us flow with you. And please, dont rush your updates. Cool down and write them.
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by ZBZDGaffer(m): 8:09pm On Aug 14, 2013
femmyadje: wat a way to end dis post.abeg make next one come sharp sharp.nice work is an understatement. thumbs up 

Thanks a lot, dear. A pretty short update is coming up this night.
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by ZBZDGaffer(m): 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2013
primus_101: The fact that you have a very efficient vocab. pleases me. I love your story, please keep it up.

One more thing, please describe your scenes and characters. This will help us flow with you. And please, dont rush your updates. Cool down and write them.

Thanks a bunch for the advice and compliments. I guess I'm a bit strapped for time so I jumped straight into the centre of the story. My next story will probably have a slower build up with as much description as I can muster. thanks once more. smiley
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by ZBZDGaffer(m): 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2013
Here's the promised update. As usual do well to leave your comments, thoughts, suggestions, criticism, smileys etc. I greatly appreciate them all. thank you very much for reading and following.

What the hell? I read the message again and still couldn’t believe what I read. ‘Give me a little time to work this out, I love you’ she had written. What did this mean? The last part of the message stirred something in me. I read that part again and couldn’t help smiling sheepishly. Jessica loves me . .Then, I heard a soft knock on my front door. I glanced out the window to confirm it was Nneka and it was. She seemed deep in thought. I gently unlocked and opened the door and welcomed her in. I wasn’t at all ready for what happened next.

As I closed the door and turned to face my visitor, I saw Nneka standing directly in front of me. Before I could say anything, she leaned up and kissed me full on the lips. I pulled away, surprised. Nneka who was like a sister to me had just kissed me in a completely un-sisterly way. I looked into her eyes and saw a fire I had never seen there before. She looked me dead in the eyes and with the confidence I always admired her for, said;

‘I’ve wanted to do that for so long . . . ‘

She paused for a moment, looked around the room, then looked back at me. Her next words would change my life forever. She said;

‘I’ve also wanted to say this for a while . . . I love you’

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by primus101(f): 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2013
Between the devil and the deep blue sea. What a dilemma.

Short update though.*sad*
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by AnnNini(f): 9:32pm On Aug 14, 2013
Hello. Nice story. Pls update oFten
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by Sangarara: 7:52am On Aug 15, 2013
Some people are lucky in this world.all chicks are heading to him now.
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by Mykhel10(m): 8:29am On Aug 15, 2013
Gbagann! Gbagann!......bro u 2 much....please i personally cnt wait 4 d nxt update...gr8 work
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by ZBZDGaffer(m): 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
AnnNini: Hello. Nice story. Pls update oFten

Thanks, dear. Will try my best. Thanks for following smiley
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by ZBZDGaffer(m): 8:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
And to everyone following, I'm really sorry for the delays. Been really held up by work recently so haven't found the time to write more. I'm working on the next chapter, though. Thanks for following once more. Your encouragement has kept me going.
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by babyzai(f): 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nice story line,lovly vocabs nd i must say am hooked already. More grease to ur elbow.
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by aprilwise(m): 11:37am On Aug 16, 2013
Such a wonderful story. U are between two walls it hard to make decision in this kinda situation. Am waiting for d next update.
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by ZBZDGaffer(m): 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
babyzai: Nice story line,lovly vocabs nd i must say am hooked already. More grease to ur elbow.

april wise: Such a wonderful story. U are between two walls it hard to make decision in this kinda situation. Am waiting for d next update.

Thanks a lot, guys. Can't tell you how much I appreciate your comments.
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by angelfunmi(f): 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2013
i was captivated right 4rm d beginning of this story and i think its a gr8 piece... just my kind of story... keep it up...
Re: Temptation ; The Story Of Love by roaringlamb01(m): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
Wow. From the beginning to ds point, it has been a smooth transition. I m taken, boss.
Keep it up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Writing Funny Stories: Comedy Tips / Does Harry Potter Encourage Witchcraft? / Everybody Is A Genius

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.