Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,267 members, 7,815,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Scars And Stories I (FICTION) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Scars And Stories I (FICTION) (769 Views)

Scars / Untitled Fiction / Beautiful Scars - Critics Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scars And Stories I (FICTION) by stariobran(f): 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
MY name is tracy. you probably know me. i'm that girl next door. I live with my parents and two brothers and two sisters in a three bedroom apartment in oshodi. i am in SS3. i am a very bright student, infact i am the head girl of my secondary school. i want to study medicine in the university once i'm done with secondary school. My parents are very proud of me- out of all their children i seem to be the hope of the family. i shall be taking you through how my life goes, from now till twenty years later. i shall refer to the past often for you to understand how i have come thus far.
in my next post i will talk about my parents, and the one after that, my siblings.
see you later, i have to go read. i read a lot, thats why i am this intelligent

(ps: THIS IS PURELY FICTION)
Re: Scars And Stories I (FICTION) by yemi2plus(m): 9:20pm On Aug 05, 2013
cool
Re: Scars And Stories I (FICTION) by chistar01(m): 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2013
Lol, ok brilliant Tracy, we are waiting.
Re: Scars And Stories I (FICTION) by Neduzze5(m): 10:02am On Aug 06, 2013
*puts on thinking cap*

This actually sounds like non fiction

OK, don't keep us waiting.
Re: Scars And Stories I (FICTION) by Smhart1(f): 11:59am On Aug 06, 2013
Where is the story ?
Re: Scars And Stories I (FICTION) by stariobran(f): 12:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
I said i would tell you about my parents today right?

when we were younger, my siblings and I wondered how the young children in the movies we watched usually hugged their parents, especially their dads, some even pecking them -inyama- and saying 'óo dad you are the best. It looked really weird to us. we even played saying things like 'tracy go and hug dad and say you are the best', and then we would laugh and say if that happens the world must have definitely ended.

yea i can guess you are having an idea of who my dad is. i see him as a sadist. not just me, all of us. in the course of this and subsequent stories you would probably understand why we see him as such. I remember when josh my younger brother, who is the last child in our family, was still growing up and was fong of sulking his left thumb. We all saw sulking as a very bad habit especially as we couldnt remember any of us ever sulking let alone sulking till the age of six. so dad came into the room one day and saw josh sulking, and by the time josh realised that dad had seen him, it was too late to hide his hand. Everyone then got scared, because we felt dad was going to flog him with the cane he always bought on his way from work every evening, - why he always did that, i would say later. but dad didnt flog josh. nice dad shee? well, he didn't flog josh. he asked josh instead to stand and move towards him, then looked around, noticed a portion of the floor where some of the cement had come off then told josh to scratch that particular thum till it bled. he said that way the thumb would be hurting and would serve as a reminder to josh anytime he unconsciously put it in his mouth to sulk. Josh was six years, I was ten years old then, but i had goose pimples all over me, the type that always comes over me whenever i see a fresh wound or an iodined old wound. i never asked Josh how bad it hurt. I just shivered, we all shivered and watched Josh cry and bleed. When mom came home we told her and i"m not sure i can remember what her exact response was anymore. all this was four years ago. you can see it was a long time ago. dad isn't that wicked anymore. but he is still a sadist.

Mom is cool. a lot of people hate mom, i am not sure exactly why. especially the people in my church. but at the same time i know a lot of people who say they like mom. i hope they really do. or i don't even care how they feel. personally she has tried to make up for marrrying our sadist dad by being extra nice to us.

i said i would tell you bout dad buying a new cane each day yea? well that was because whenever he left for work the next day, we would take the cane bought the previous day and go throw it away. sometimes we even cut the cane into pieces, lit a match stick to them and smoked them. so he knew he would never meet the cane he bought the previous day......

(to be c'ntd)

(PS: @Neduzze5 it is fiction true true o)
Re: Scars And Stories I (FICTION) by chistar01(m): 1:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Scars And Stories I (FICTION) by yemi2plus(m): 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
I was ten years old then, but i had goose pimples all over me, the type that always comes over me whenever i see a fresh wound or an iodined old wound.
all this was four years ago. you can see it was a long time ago.
Re: Scars And Stories I (FICTION) by Neduzze5(m): 6:28am On Aug 07, 2013
yemi2plus2: I was ten years old then, but i had goose pimples all over me, the type that always comes over me whenever i see a fresh wound or an iodined old wound.
all this was four years ago. you can see it was a long time ago.

So @ op, were you fourteen years in SS3??
Re: Scars And Stories I (FICTION) by stariobran(f): 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2013
and before I continue, oh yes I was fourteen years old in SS3. why people are so quick to point out things they know nothing about, I do not know. i was not even the youngest in my class. now I hope I can tell my story in peace.

and yea four years ago is soo a long time to me. uncle yemi you are old so you can remember four years ago so easily.

so back to my story,....oops I have to go,. my chemistry teacher just got into the class..
later

(1) (Reply)

Short Story: The Price Of Ignorance / Story Tittle: Fate by Isaiah Atabo / At Midnight.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.