Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Story Tittle: Fate by Isaiah Atabo - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story Tittle: Fate by Isaiah Atabo (769 Views)

Twisted Fate By Windflower / TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Story Tittle: Fate by Isaiah Atabo by invincible4(m): 8:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
About the story:
David a young boy was born without a silver spoon,
His dad wanted all the best for
him, though his mum is
unusually cold
towards him..... He finally secured
admission only to be faced with
the
greatest tragedy of his life! His
father went missing.
HOW WILL HE COPE, WHAT IS THE MYSTERY BEHIND HIS MUM's ATTITUDE? WHAT
WOULD BE HIS FATE?
Pls follow the story and enjoy......
Your comments and views would be greatly appreciated
Re: Story Tittle: Fate by Isaiah Atabo by invincible4(m): 6:18am On Nov 01, 2015
Fate. · Episode 1 ***—-*** “My son, what is the problem? Why are you looking so sad? Mr John asked his son, David who sat down on a woodend stool before his father’s two-bedroomed house located in the middle of the village. …. “ehhh… ehhh” David said, clearing his throat to reply his father. …”dad you know that my graduation ceremony from high school is coming up next week saturday, but the problem is that, the school authority insists that we wear black suit as the uniform for graduants. Father, i know that with our current financial status, you will not be able to buy me a suit to wear for the occasion; i was thinking of being absent that day, but dad, am the outgoing headboy of the school, i need to be present” David replied his father with worry written all over his face. “Don’t worry my ‘headboy’ all would be fine, i will see to it that you get a brand new suit for your graduation” John said, whilst tapping the back of his son, in an attemt to cheer him up. Finally, he won as usuall, that beautiful smile he loved to see on David’s hansome face found its way in. David is now grinning from ear to ear “come here” John said softly as he opened his arms wide enough for David to squeeze in. They both hugged, smiling like a happy family that gave all they ever wanted. …..”Are you going to stand out there till eternity? Said a soft voice from the living room. “your food is getting cold you had better come and take it while its still warm” the voice continued. That is Mrs Anibe, she is the mother of David and a wife to Mr. John _________ The family were all in the living room already, John and Anibe sat on the two plastic chairs available in the house, to eat their meal. While Dave sat on the mat a few metres away from his parents mulching slowly his dinner of cassava pudding and okra soup which had become a daily routine, probably because John farms mainly cassava on his inherited piece of land. ………..”Dave you are still eating? When will you ever change this slow-eating attitude of yours? Anibe questioned. …”But mum, i need to masticate the food properly to ease its digestion…” David breathed. “okay o, make sure you clear the table before going to bed” Anibe replied. …”yes mum, i will…good night mum, good night dad” David is the only child Mr and Mrs John have, theirs is among those families that struggle hard only to make both ends meet, but yet John is keen on giving his child the best education he can offer. “i must give my only child the goose that lays the magic egg” he would always say. In his own view, education is like “a goose that lays a magic egg” if not so, what is the difference between him and a doctor, a lawyer and all the professionals? He usually question himself. …………David is always proud of his dad, though he can’t provide him with all the good things of life, the love he showers is just enough, on the contrary, David find it hard to understand his mum atimes because she easily gets mad at him, she practically wants to dictate all his moves, though she do get emotional and caring occasionally. ………..”is she just being over protective? That question remains a puzzle to him. ——To be continued—- pls your comments show you are following
Re: Story Tittle: Fate by Isaiah Atabo by invincible4(m): 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
Fate. Episode 2 · ****************** “Why have you decided to enrol Dave in a school in the city, is’nt there a community secondary school here at Ejule village? “my dear calm down….why do you sound like you don’t want the best for your one and only son, David” John asked Anibe. …..”Dave is our only child, the only person that bears our name, of course i do want the best for him…i want him to have a better education and live a good life, but the school you want to enrol him in, is a private school and very expensive, where would we get the money for his fees? Does that mean we won’t eat in this house again? Moreover, the school belongs to the wards of rich and influential people in the society. How do you want Dave to feel among those kids? He’ll surely feel inferior. Do you want him to join bad gangs just to be like the rich kids? I hope you do understand me” Anibe explained. ………”now i get where you are coming from woman. We gave David a good and godly upbringing, we thought him morals, i don’t think he would depart from it. And about the money, don’t worry, God would provide. I’ll do everything possible and legal, to make sure we live a healthy life and that David goes to school” John replied. “okay if you say so………….oh! I almost forgot i put something on the fire, let me go and get it” Angela mutterd, forcing a smile on her face. ___________ John laid on the bed smiling as he remembered like a movie, the conversation between he and his darling wife before he sent David to ‘salvation high school’ located at Amola, a more civilised town than Ebule village where he resides with his family. “At long last my son is graduating, all the toils and pains i went through to pay for his terminal school fees were not a waste, rather an investment. I would have regret it if i had sent my precious David to the community school in this village whose curriculum is upgraded with frequent strikes of the highest order” John thought to himself. ***THE FOLLOWING MORNING*** Its a beautiful monday morning and as usual, Dave woke up earlier than anybody in the house so he can have enough time for his home chores and yet not run late for school. After all the morning chores, devotion and sharing of pleasantries, Dave was ready for school. He wore his only pair of school uniform; a sky-blue trouser, brown belt, milk coloured shirt and a pair of black sandals. He never forgets to take along with him, his ‘headboy’ name tag, it earns him respect from his juniors and even everybody who reads it. ……”Dad…mum..am off to school” David said softly, after he emptied the plate of rice he ate as breakfast. He picked up a book and dashed out of the room. “hang on Dave….take this…” his mum said, stretching forth her hand to give David a hundred naira note. David thanked her and left. He knew the money is for his transport fare and lunch. _____TO BE CONTINUED____

(1) (Reply)

. / Sidney Sheldon Books Needed / Strange Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.