Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida (26453 Views)

Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed / Giant Fish Washes-up On Alpha Beach / Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by nairaman66(m): 12:57am On Aug 06, 2013

A South Florida resident who was cleaning out his shed Sunday night was startled to discover that a 13-foot, 100-pound Burmese python had been using the structure as its home.

Police and Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Anti-Venom unit arrived and safely removed the giant reptile. Inside the shed were lots of snake skin and the remains of one of the homeowner’s three cats, which had recently gone missing.

The reptile apparently had been residing beneath storage bins in the shed. Five people were used to hoist the snake, which put up almost no resistance. It was bagged and taken away.

This snake is probably about 13 feet long. We measured it a little over 12 with the tape measure, but there were curves,” Lt. Lisa Wood of Fire Rescue told WSVN. “So, I’m thinking 13 feet and close to 100 pounds. It’s a big snake.”

Burmese pythons are an invasive species in Florida. They’re abundant in parts of the state, primarily the Everglades region, where they’re considered dangerous to native wildlife. Florida is actively trying to eradicate the reptiles, via hunting and other control measures.

Wood said that the snake captured Sunday probably was somebody’s pet long ago, because albino pythons are popular among snake aficionados.

The largest Burmese python ever recorded in Florida measured 18 feet, 8 inches.

Here is a link to the video-
http://wn.wsvn.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=9164824&at1=News&h1=Man finds Burmese python in shed&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

Now NLanders.. Now there is a contrast to what happened 2 days ago when a 13yr old Killed a Python in Bayelsa State! Here is the link-
https://www.nairaland.com/1384009/python-killed-13-year-old-boy-bayelsa

1 Like

Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by CaptJHMiller: 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by slinkman(m): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
kill d snakes... we human have vexed..

if i use airtel again call me ba-statd... na me for be first 2 comm... but upon say i dey 3g.. dis useles-s network catarpault me go second...

8 Likes

Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by amiskurie(m): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
get to geda thread!
grin
bt my mouth no dey there o.
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by nickz(m): 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hmmmmm undecided I'm sure they'll send it back to the wild undecided
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
I hate snake

4 Likes

Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by godson0032000(m): 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
1st to comment....spacE booked
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by Uwakuwak(f): 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
Film action.
wait oo, this one dey like toy
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by Andyblaze: 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
godson0032000: 1st to comment....spacE booked
Change your network my son

1 Like

Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by Chimezie198(m): 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
Rolls wheelbarrow across d thread

1 Like

Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by nickz(m): 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
godson0032000: 1st to comment....spacE booked
ℓ̊n ur dreams
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by yinkzzboy: 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
snake stories on NL almost everyday
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by EbirichBen(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
White Men and Snake, Hope they won't give birth to Snake one Day. Foolish Set of People

1 Like

Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
Punch is to Politics as Nairaland is to Snake.. They so ♥Snake stuffs..
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by orlabass(m): 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
Okay oooo,snake in florida season 1
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by Hernadez99: 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
Mi o raye shiit Mehn!!!
Kill the snakes!!!
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by yinkzzboy: 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
slinkman: kill d snakes... we human have vexed..

if i use airtel again call me ba-statd... na me for be first 2 comm... but upon say i dey 3g.. dis useles-s network catarpault me go second...
grin why u neva port
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by ngwaba(m): 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
I dont understand this fascination for snakes in this world. We are trying to recover from the death of two young boys strangled by a python last month and now this.
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by ritux: 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
Most news/stories like this only occur in the US. Why?
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by henryvirus(m): 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
odd
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2013

What am I supposed to feel?

Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by pendusky(m): 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
slinkman: kill d snakes... we human have vexed..

ndo oooh
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by Stegomiah: 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
I would av loved 2 seee the whole picture of the snake
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by 3ace(m): 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
lol, unwanted guest. The snake's head looks like that of a baby seal.

1 Like

Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by Jaywilzee(m): 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
Topics on nairaland are mostly centered on SNAKES,,,TONTO DIKEH n more recently BEVERLY OSU...mayb I should narrate how I fought wit d anaconda blindfolded n see if I make front page... grin

5 Likes

Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by merzybenedict(m): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...1st page tho.. grin
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by pxjosh(m): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ebirich Ben: White Men and Snake, Hope they won't give birth to Snake one Day. Foolish Set of People
Wise man. Mtcheew
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by jametex(m): 7:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
hmmm snake things on NL...
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
arcbabe: I hate snake
'snakes' not 'snake'
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
Don't think I can sleep alone tonight sad
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by OCTAVO: 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
Yet another snake story.
Re: Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida by LagosBoi2(m): 8:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
better peppersoup

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) / Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother / Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.