Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,589 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance (22798 Views)

How To Use Quickteller To Receive Western Union Money Tranfers / INTERSWITCH/QUICKTELLER Won't Return My Funds After A Failed Transaction! / Quickteller.com Does Not Work, Any Working Option ???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by routik(m): 10:46am On Aug 06, 2013
Hello my fellow Nairalanders,
here is my feedback message quickteller.com this morning, regarding their newly introduced ONE TIME PASSWORD (OTP).

Good Day,
After activating my GTB Naira Master card for your newly introduced One Time Password (OTP), it seems Quickteller is trying to take us back to online-manual tansaction?
I tried toping up my phone this morning, and was asked to send "OTP 7686" to 30010. I quickly sent the message (even twice) and N60 was deducted from my phone, up till now I have not received the "OTP" and my N60 is gone just like that.
I will quickly want to remind quickteller that GT Bank tired something similar last year and due to delay in short message service (sms), they stopped it because it was frustrating customers that was using their Internet banking platform.
Our Telecom industry is doing their best, BUT our SMS system is not yet strong to support this One Time Password (OTP). But why should I pay N30 to top up N100 on my phone, in the name of "OTP"?
In my opinion, I suggest that quickteller should find a better alternative to this "OTP" because it is not working, and I am being discouraged to make any online transaction related to Interswitch/quickteller website.
I have said my own. It's let for quickteller team to decide on what next to do.

Please share your experience regarding this their new development
Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by routik(m): 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
for those that don't know about ONE TIME PASSWORD (OTP), see below.
[Important Notice, Please Read]
Thank you for your interest in our services.
- Have you ever been prompted to provide a One Time Password (OTP) when attempting to complete an online payment via Interswitch’s WebPAY?
- Are you interested in enhancing the security of your online payments?
By registering for the SafeToken service, the challenges identified above can be overcome. The SafeToken service enables you secure all your online payments by following the registration steps below at the nearest QuickTeller enabled ATM. After a successful registration, an OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your registered phone number each time an online payment for an amount above the limit specified by the card issuer is presented. The OTP would be inputted on the payment gateway page when making payments in order to complete the transaction.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE SAFETOKEN SERVICE
In order to register for this service,

• Go to the nearest ATM, and insert your ATM card
• Select the ‘Quickteller’ option from the ATM menu screen
• Select ‘Pay Bills’
• Select ‘Others’
• Enter ‘322222” as the Payment Code
• Enter your phone number as the Customer Reference Number
• Follow the prompts to complete the transaction
• Service costs N1
*surcharges may apply
Alternative registration options include:
• Completing a form at a bank branch requesting for the SafeToken service
• Automatic enrollment by your bank for the service
• Registration at www.quickteller.com ( the request via this channel requires further authorization from your bank in order for the SafeToken service to be activated)

From quickteller.com website.
Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
I am of the opinion that Interswitch is using the OTP medium for nothing but profit.

I stopped loading my swift internet from the swiftng.com portal because of the introduction of the OTP to the swift gateway.
Same happened in my case, the SMS never came and my mobile credit was debited.

When you head over to Quickteller.com and use same card, Interswitch will process the payment without asking for the OTP.
Well it costs 100 Naira to use quickteller
so i can only conclude that it may be an approach to enforce the use of quickteller which allows interswitch record daily sales.

and again, this is Nigeria, CBN does not care.
I wish this could hit the frontpage

2 Likes

Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by routik(m): 8:26am On Aug 07, 2013
ok, here is a reply i got from quickteller.
We acknowledge receipt of your mail.

Please note that GTBank is responsible for sending OTP to its customers as such, I advise you contact GTConnect for further enquiries or assistance.

If you require further clarifications, do not hesitate to revert.

Thank you.

the responsibility has been shifted to my bank. I'm just amazed. this is not making sense to me.
Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2013
if you dont have the token, you cant make payments on other sites but quickteller.com.
if "extra security" is the reason, then allowing payment on quickteller.com for same service without the token kills the OTP intentions.

in that case, it is correct to state that Interswitch will process a transaction without due verification provided you pay N100 convenience fee.
Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by routik(m): 1:17pm On Aug 12, 2013
The mail below solved my problem.

Dear Mr.XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank Card Services

Kindly be informed that the One-Time Password (OTP) is a system generated password valid for only one transaction. Once you initiate an online transaction on any Nigerian site, If you are a user on the Internet banking platform and have a token, the site requires you to input the number generated from your Bank's Internet Banking token to complete your transaction. However, if you do not have a token, the one time password will be sent to your registered phone number with GTBank. This will apply for every transaction attempted.

Kindly visit any GTBank nearest to you to update your account information if you no longer use your registered phone number with the bank

We would be happy to assist should you require further assistance.

Thank you for banking with us

Kudos to GT Bank for clearer explanation. I don't have to wait for any sms since I have a token.
Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by DonnieChiba(m): 2:00am On Aug 27, 2013
routik: The mail below solved my problem.

Kudos to GT Bank for clearer explanation. I don't have to wait for any sms since I have a token.

it does not solve anything cos it seems they just want to force everyone to pay 2300 for safetoken. *in psquare's voice* personally i think its all loads of crap coming from quickteller and even gtbank. I was at one of gtbank's branch and they seem not to have a clue as to how they can resolve the issue even after calling gtconnect in the bank self they just said i should be patient. SENT 'GTB OTP' TO 32122 LIKE 4 TIMES ALREADY, N120 wasted just like that.
Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by Slyr0x: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2013
I use my token every time I get asked to enter my OTP and it works. .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by Youngzedd(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2013
webdezzi: if you dont have the token, you cant make payments on other sites but quickteller.com.
if "extra security" is the reason, then allowing payment on quickteller.com for same service without the token kills the OTP intentions.

in that case, it is correct to state that Interswitch will process a transaction without due verification provided you pay N100 convenience fee.

They should introduce secure code or any temporary pass code like a password that can be changed every 3 months rather that this shit..

.Front page @Moderators.

I no say this is not Tonto Dike but just try this time.
Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by Youngzedd(m): 11:49am On Aug 28, 2013
Slyr0x: I use my token every time I get asked to enter my OTP and it works. .

Yup, getting a token is the best.

Don't be surprised that they teamed up to force us to buy token.

So, if I make 10 transactions a day. I will be charged 300 NGN excluding the ones not delivered, that will be heading to 400 NGN.

Banks and Quick teller wan milk us.
Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by Youngzedd(m): 11:51am On Aug 28, 2013
Donnie Chiba:

it does not solve anything cos it seems they just want to force everyone to pay 2300 for safetoken. *in psquare's voice* personally i think its all loads of crap coming from quickteller and even gtbank. I was at one of gtbank's branch and they seem not to have a clue as to how they can resolve the issue even after calling gtconnect in the bank self they just said i should be patient. SENT 'GTB OTP' TO 32122 LIKE 4 TIMES ALREADY, N120 wasted just like that.

I bought my GTBank token last year for 3000 NGN how come 2300 abi they don reduce am

1 Like

Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2013
Slyr0x: I use my token every time I get asked to enter my OTP and it works. .

Woks for me too
Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2013
i dont feel the need to use a token on my savings account since i hardly ever need to move funds out of it.
i have tokens on my corporate accounts and maybe they need to work it to be compatible with multiple accounts.

why pay 3k cos i need to make online payments via interswitch?
i use same card on numerous foreign websites with no token, why should i pay 3k to use "a single local website"
Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by routik(m): 2:04pm On Aug 31, 2013
t does not solve anything cos it seems they just want to force everyone to pay 2300 for safetoken.

If you transact frequently on quickteller.com, then getting a token will save you from the anguish of sending "OTP" to 32122 four times without response.

i dont feel the need to use a token on my savings account since i hardly ever need to move funds out of it.
i have tokens on my corporate accounts and maybe they need to work it to be compatible with multiple accounts.

I use a token on my savings account, I only use my current for serious/heavy transactions. I hate "COT" charges.
Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by ngmart(m): 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
I need someone to refer me on quickteller.com
Re: Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance by lanbaba: 12:47am On Sep 07, 2016
Buying airtime online is now easy. You can visit www.vtpass.com to buy airtime and data plan in 3 easy steps.
Vtpass offers airtime and data bundles/subscription for MTN, Glo, Airtel and Etisalat.
DSTV, GOTV, startimes and subscription for other services are also available.

(1) (Reply)

Becoming A Web Designer / Facebook, Messenger And Instagram ‘Down’ In Mysterious Mass Outage / Alexa Is Shutting Down!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.