Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,530 members, 7,850,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:32 AM

WHY I DISAGREE WITH THE NEW DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LAW AGAINST WOMEN IN LAGOS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WHY I DISAGREE WITH THE NEW DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LAW AGAINST WOMEN IN LAGOS (776 Views)

INEC Weighs Its Options On Kogi, Lawyers Disagree:thisday / Obama Wants Buhari To Reverse The Law Against Homosexuals / PDP, S’East Governors Disagree With Ekwueme Over Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHY I DISAGREE WITH THE NEW DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LAW AGAINST WOMEN IN LAGOS by Donjazzy12(m): 11:55am On Aug 06, 2013
IT IS ONE SIDED ! CHECK OUT THIS GUYS VIEW:
I love women very much, will always do and hey you cant blame me,its natural to do so.Women are beautiful, intelligent, sexy and caring. They bring seemingly unimportant things to life. They make the home front glow.They make you look at yourself the second time on the mirror by their compliments. They are Gods gift to the world. And yes women are also smart in fact, I think very smart, so smart that we as men need to start looking out for ourselves too!I believe that we need to set up a group even if online to protect the interests of men not because we hate women but because of fairness and equity. If we let things degenerate, a time will come that we loose every thing to women including leadership at home. I was reading about the new law against domestic violence in Lagos from another blog yesterday and I was genuinely shocked at how one sided and biased the law is against men. In summary, if you beat your wife , You go to jail, but the law is silent on if the role is reversed and the man is on the receiving end of the beating. This is so unfair! Does it mean that men are not human beings too? We feel that the law should be challenged and corrected to reflect the interests of men. After all they are part of the family too!

What we are seeing is a plot to seize control of the family leadership from men as it has become the norm in other western nations.Most men there realized too late what the goal of these women groups were:control. We will always love our women, we must always cherish them but they must realize that we are humans too. We agree that on the average men are stronger than women physically and some men tend to violence when the woman is trying to drown them in an ocean of verbal abuse.Please note that we are not and will never be in support of domestic violence as it dehumanizes both the abuser and the abused. However, we will start to push for a law that will criminalize verbal abuse.We know that most cases of domestic violence starts with verbal abuse, lets nip it in the bud before it starts.bold Shalom!http://www.davidchuks..comNiralanders what do you think?

1 Like

Re: WHY I DISAGREE WITH THE NEW DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LAW AGAINST WOMEN IN LAGOS by bigt2(m): 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
Your post lacks content. Take the bull by the horn and stop beating about the bush!!!

1 Like

Re: WHY I DISAGREE WITH THE NEW DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LAW AGAINST WOMEN IN LAGOS by dinachi(m): 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
While I do not completely agree with the OP, I think he made some valid points. I mean women are not the only victims of domestic abuse. A normal family has the father mother and child(ren),why make a law that only benefits one unit(the woman). I believe this other views should be accommodated in the law. The law should address other units of the family like the father and the children too. That is balance to me.
Re: WHY I DISAGREE WITH THE NEW DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LAW AGAINST WOMEN IN LAGOS by Ikengawo: 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
The thread is the product of a lack of real education for the average poor nigerian

(1) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Tukur, Baraje Adamant At Parley With Obasanjo,ibb, Anenih,ahmadu Ali / Where Are The Nigerians That Wash Toilets Abroad? / Why ASUU Strike Must Continue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.