Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Dv2009 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dv2009 (1802 Views)

Dv2009 / Has Anyone Received Winning Notification For Dv2009? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dv2009 by amirize(m): 8:01pm On May 31, 2008
Hello everyone
Re: Dv2009 by Nwaka77: 12:50am On Jun 01, 2008
@Amirize,

I will attempt to answer some of your questions since I do not have answers to all of them. First of, congratulations on winning!  cheesy ok, now to the answers:

2. I think police report is the same as police certificate. I had to get one when I left Nigeria many, many years ago from a police station in Lagos. I still have my copy with the fingerprints I did and the certificate states that I have not committed a crime in Nigeria.

4. When they mean print, they mean fill out the form and write in captial letters. Use a black biro but make sure you write legibly like this: AMIRIZE

5. Yes, you have to pay your flight ticket yourself. The US is not responsible when it comes to getting you from your home country to the United States.

6. No, they have one in Abuja as well.

7. No, High school Diploma is secondary school certificate. The one you get after you graduate secondary school in Nigeria. H.N.D would be considered an Associate degree here in the United States.

8. Just like it says, you will have to fill out the address of where you intend to live in the United States but if you don't know where you are going to live for now, leave it blank because it does say "if known".

9. Just like it says, they need an address where they will be sending your permanent residency card to. If you don't have an address, start looking for one now.

10. You will survive grin When I came to the US, I had no one here either. It was a struggle I won't lie and I suffered too but thank God all that is in the past now.

11. You can get a job right away but it will not be in your field. Keep in mind, you are starting from scratch now and in America, employers are looking for work experience obtained in the United States. So, since you are coming from Nigeria, you will probably have to start of working in fast food joints or departmental stores as a sales associate or do other jobs that do not require much experience and then climb up to bigger and better things. In the mean time while working, you can enroll in college/university and continue in your studies and have your Nigerian transcript/result evaluated to see if the university of your choice will give you some credit towards your degree.

12. Current value of U.S $775.00 would be 91,054.75 Naira

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. As for the other questions you had that I could not answer, maybe someone else on the forum can help you answer them.

All the best!  smiley
Re: Dv2009 by sheniqua: 1:03am On Jun 01, 2008
amirize:

Hello everyone ! please I won the DV - 2009 US Lottery and I need answers to this questions below; You can advice me on any of the questions below.I believe some one out there can help me. Thanks a million

1. How do I get Deportation papers, Court and Prison records and Military records in Nigeria ? I am single and do I need them for the interview ?

2. Is police report thesame as police certificate?

3. Will I send my completed forms by post, preferably which? to the Kentucky Consular Centre?

4. Should I fill the form with Biro with the information given, "Please print or type your answers to all questions " refering to forms ; DS - 230 PART 1 AND 2 and DSP - 122

5. Will I pay the flight ticket myself?

6. Is it only in Lagos State we have the United States Consular office in Nigeria?

7. Is high school Diploma theasme as H.N.D in Nigeria here?

8. What should I fill in " Permanent address in the United States where you intend to live, If known (Street address including zip code) include the name of a person who currently lives there and telephone no.

9. What should I fill in " Address in the United States where you want your permanent resident card (Green Card) mailed, if different from address in item 8 (include the mane of a person who currently lives there, and phone no.

10. Will I survive without any friend or family member in US because I have none?

11. How long will it take me to get a job when I migrate to US with my H.N.D in Mechanical Engineering?

12. What is the current value of $775 US dollars in Nigerian currency?

What does the instructions say?
if there are no specifications,I suggest you use speed mail like DHL or FEDEX but read the instructions there are some forms that disapprove sending by speedmail.

As for question number 11, my advice will be that you bear in mind that you may have a rough road ahead of you.
Hopefully you can find a friend or even distant relative that agrees to act as your initial host so that you have a place to lay your head for free before you get a job.
It's not all rosy at the initial time
Re: Dv2009 by walexy(m): 8:46am On Jun 01, 2008
@ poster

Check www.immigrationportal.com for all you need to know about DV lottery issues
Re: Dv2009 by amirize(m): 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2008
@Nwaka77

Thanks
Re: Dv2009 by travelcare: 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2008
Congratulations! But you should note that about 100,000 thousand people won the visa lottery but only about 55,000 people will be granted the visa. Make sure you get the best of advice from people who have first hand experience or directly from the any accredited US visa advisory agents or better still use Travelcare Consults for best results. We have first hand experience in handling visa lottery cases for past years and first hand information is always available. You can contact Olawale on 08023809767 or travelcare.consults@gmail.com.

Goodluck

Travelcare
Re: Dv2009 by Nwaka77: 3:11am On Jun 05, 2008
amirize:

@Nwaka77

Thanks for your advice n answers to my puzzles. I strogly appreciate.
Please I'll prefer we talk via email for further guidelines n questions too.
My email is sunny_amirize77@yahoo.com , hope to get urs.
Thanks again.

@sheniqua
Thanks Sheniqua, will refocus my mind for the worst n the best. It's just the mind that sees suffering as evil or test to become a better person later on. Thanks a million

I sent you an email Amirize. Feel free to ask any further questions you might have.
Re: Dv2009 by SeanT21(f): 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2008
I remember when my mother won the DV, i was damn happy.

(1) (Reply)

Police Character Certificate For Australia Student Visa / Ghastly Accident Along Iyana -era To Abule Road Ijanikin Lagos / The New UK Immigration Act 2016 And What It Means For Nigerians Migrating To UK.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.