Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5975325 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2017
Henry240:
The above subject is an interesting piece of news. When it was first shared, i blew it off as probably an error by the reporter from Sputnik.

Unfortunately Airborne360 and his buddy in the Nigerian Air Force have both disappeared.

The funny part of this is that Nigerians know the variant of MI-35 we are getting and there is no way Jf17 relates with helicopters.

Mi-35 were delivered last year December but we're not inducted until 2-3 months after.

I think we shouldn't discard the news.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 26, 2017
iblawi:

The funny part of this is that Nigerians know the variant of MI-35 we are getting and there is no way Jf17 relates with helicopters.

Mi-35 were delivered last year December but we're not inducted until 2-3 months after.

I think we shouldn't discard the news.

That's the thing i find quite confusing. Although i initially discarded the news as junk journalism, i cannot say the Russians, Sputnik news, don't know the difference between a fighter or an helicopter.

The news clearly states early this year. Like you rightly said, the MI-35m were delivered in November, not December.

However, the Air Force told us they have received the helicopters and waiting to induct it.

My question is, how come this coincidence. MI-35m deliveries are supposed to be completed in 2018, with 2 delivered. How come out of nowhere, we get the same figures for Su-30s with the same delivery timeline?

If it is true, why not 18 minimum. Although i'm excited, but 12 seems too small.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 26, 2017
Henry240:

but 12 seems to small.

i noticed that moderation is not ur forte grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2017
Henry240:

That's the thing i find quite confusing. Although i initially discarded the news as junk journalism, i cannot say the Russians, Sputnik news, don't know the difference between a fighter or an helicopter.

The news clearly states early this year. Like you rightly said, the MI-35m were delivered in November, not December.

However, the Air Force told us they have received the helicopters and waiting to induct it.

My question is, how come this coincidence. MI-35m deliveries are supposed to be completed in 2018, with 2 delivered. How come out of nowhere, we get the same figures for Su-30s with the same delivery timeline?

If it is true, why not 18 minimum. Although i'm excited, but 12 seems to small.

For your questions, I remember the Nigerian delegation that went to Russia almost 2 years ago must have sealed the agreement for 12 of each.

It's likely the JF17 deal is still alive. Am very sure of the JF17B variant cause I could read it from the reaction of the airforce guys when the pics were posted.

All we can do is to wait.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2017
nemesis2u:

i noticed that moderation is not ur forte grin

Well, that's because we'll like to invade the Republic of South Africa in style. cool cool

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 8:39pm On Jun 26, 2017
Not strictly on topic..but related Ngelina was at the IPSTC to celebrate World Refugee Day.. And to advocate for peacekeepers to do more to protect violence again women during war in her capacity as unhcr ambassador... Damn, her face is like a picture
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 26, 2017
iblawi:

For your questions, I remember the Nigerian delegation that went to Russia almost 2 years ago sealed the agreement for 12 of each.

It's likely the JF17 deal is still alive. Am very sure of the JF17B variant cause I could read it from the reaction of the airforce guys when the pics were posted.

All we can do is to wait.

It would be a waste of money if we go for both the Su-30 and JF-17 at the same time. I never touted that idea of going for the Su-30 and JF-17, even at Beegeagle's blog.

Wasn't that deal for 12 MI-35m and 12 MI-17 terminators?

I don't remember anything about Su-30s.

Which Air Force guys, the ones who used to comment on this thread?

They long deleted thier accounts before the JF-17B was launched.

We cant have 11 units of F-7s, 12 units of Su-30s and another 18 units of JF-17. We are not India! grin grin

Sorry Nemesis2u, pun intended.

I still think it is a typographical error though. The reporter most likely meant MI-35m, not SU-30. The numbers are too close to be different orders.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2017
Henry240:

Well, that's because we'll like to invade the Republic of South Africa in style. cool cool

i guess u will be leading the charge as commander in chief grin grin grin

cant wait to see it happen

given ur penchant for aesthetics it will more likely a fashion show type bloodless 'invasion' or appropriately 'parade on steroids' in highly hostile territory

grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2017
SU-30??!!!!!!!!!?? I laugh in ijaw

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 26, 2017
Henry240:

It would be a waste of money if we go for both the Su-30 and JF-17 at the same time. I never touted that idea of going for the Su-30 and JF-17, even at Beegeagle's blog.

We cant have 11 units of F-7s, 12 units of Su-30s and another 18 units of JF-17. We are not India! grin grin

grin angry grin angry grin

maybe hi and low mix ?

this is what generally airforce aim for
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
nemesis2u:

grin angry grin angry grin

maybe hi and low mix ?

this is what generally airforce aim for

It is mostly likely an error. Let's see how the days pan out.

Janes might withdraw the story in my opinion.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2017
nemesis2u:

i guess u will be leading the charge as commander in chief grin grin grin

cant wait to see it happen

given ur penchant for aesthetics it will more likely a fashion show type bloodless 'invasion' or appropriately 'parade on steroids' in highly hostile territory

grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
nemesis2u:

what is ummah
congregation/community. it is an arabic word

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 9:06pm On Jun 26, 2017
Henry240:

If anyone wants to give you idea on something this secret am sure he won't give you exact info. Instead he will give something that will give you an idea of what you might see. This applies to beegeagle blog.

The initial information was 6 MI-35M and 6 MI-17 which is another twist to the whole story. We only knew it was 12 MI-35 when CAS said it himself followed by Russian media.

Yes, there was nothing about SU-35.

They deactivated their accounts after the pics were posted. Remember airborne360 called in the other guy after the pics was posted.

Bros we have no choice. We just have to be like the Indians.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2017
Abeg o where them hide the 2 already delivered SU30 jet
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2017
giles14:
SU-30??!!!!!!!!!??
I laugh in ijaw

The funny part is the report claimed 2 have been delivered. This is another twist to the tales by moon light.

The funny thing about the Air Force is that we never knew MI-35M was in this country until it was used in December 2016 in Sambisa.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2017
Henry240:
http://www.janes.com/article/71769/nigeria-reportedly-acquiring-12-su-30-fighters

Nigeria reportedly acquiring 12 Su-30 fighters
Jeremy Binnie, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
26 June 2017
[b]Nigeria received two Sukhoi Su-30 multirole fighters earlier this year [/b]and will receive another 10 in 2018, the Sputnik news agency reported a senior Russian official as saying on 26 June.

"In 2018, Russia will supply 10 Su-30 aircraft. Thus, the contract will be completed by the end of next year," said Anatoliy Punchuk, the deputy director of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC).

The report did not identify the Su-30 variant that was being acquired by Nigeria, which was not previously known to be interested in the aircraft. The Nigerian Air Force was known to be lining up the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) JF-17 Thunder, but the finalisation of that deal has yet to be confirmed.

Want to read more? For analysis on

we already have two SU-30s in our arsenal?

and why did those servicemen deactivate their account?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NNAMDIII(m): 9:21pm On Jun 26, 2017
Coming to naija very soon cheesy cheesy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2017
Sputnik isnt Nigeria News outlet that can't separate helicopter from fighter jet or APC from Tank.
Remember the Pilots training In India & MOD along side FM visit to Moscow

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NNAMDIII(m): 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2017
COMMANDERS CELEBRATES EID EL FITR WITH WOUNDED SOLDERS

The Acting General Officer Commanding (GOC), 7 Division of the Nigerian Army, Brig Gen Ibrahim Manu Yusuf has urged troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE fighting insurgency in the North East to hasten up and clear the remnants of Boko Harm terrorists (BHT) in the ongoing final onslaught against the terrorists. The Acting GOC made this remarks during the EID EL Fitr celebration with wounded soldiers at 7 Division Medical Services and Hospital (DMSH).
He commended officers and soldiers for their dedication and loyalty in discharge of their constitutional role. On the wounded, he described them as heroes of the war and pillars of the Nigerian Nation while praying for their quick recovery “You are fighting a just cause and God will always be by your side’’. The GOC who was accompanied by the Ag GOC 8 Division, Brig Gen Steveson Olabanji thanked the 7 DMSH Commander, Lieutenant Colonel Ndidi Onuchukwu for the luncheon initiative with the wounded soldiers and promised to always support the victims of the war.
Earlier in his opening remark, the Commander 7 DMSH congratulated the muslim faithful for successful completion of Ramadan fasting and prayed that the Almighty Allah to Open doors of blessing on Nigeria and all who participated in the spiritual exercise.
The Eid El Fitr celebration was attended by the Commander 37 Artlllery Brigade, Brig Gen Boniface Sinjen, Commander 47 Engineer Brigade, Brig Gen Joseph Chima, Commander 57 Signal Brigade, Brig Gen Gbemiga Adesina, the Chief of Staff 7 Division Brig Gen John Ochai and the Commander 8 Military Intelligence Brigade, Brig Gen Aliyu Sambo.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2017
This story is not confirmed yet. Please let us be patient cause the airforce can't hide the jet forever. That's if the story is true sha.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:39pm On Jun 26, 2017
iblawi:

The funny part is the report claimed 2 have been delivered. This is another twist to the tales by moon light.

The funny thing about the Air Force is that we never knew MI-35M was in this country until it was used in December 2016 in Sambisa.
becos we have similar platforms (mi 25 & 35p)
but the SU30 is nowhere to be found .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by officialdayo: 9:42pm On Jun 26, 2017
MiddleDimension:

we already have two SU-30s in our arsenal?

and why did those servicemen deactivate their account?
Too much information being released.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 9:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
giles14:
becos we have similar platforms (mi 25 & 35p)
but the SU30 is nowhere to be found .

Yes, MI 24v and mi35p.

All we have to do is to wait. Am sure journalist would be disturbing NAF spokesman now.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 26, 2017
Henry240:
The above subject is an interesting piece of news. When it was first shared, i blew it off as probably an error by the reporter from Sputnik.

Unfortunately Airborne360 and his buddy in the Nigerian Air Force have both disappeared from nairaland.com. They would have shared more light.
Airborne didn't just become inactive, he completely deactivated his account and it really got me wondering..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2017
There seem to have been a mistake. We'll have to wait and see if Janes.com takes down the story or issues an apology.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 10:18pm On Jun 26, 2017
NNAMDIII:
Coming to naija very soon cheesy cheesy
whats the smoke oozing out of the sides of the JF-17s all about?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Airborne didn't just become inactive, he completely deactivated his account and it really got me wondering..

They might have been reprimanded. However, he didn't disclose any information not already available to the public. He didn't even disclose any information at all for that matter.

I remember how you pestered him over the photos of MI-35m, he didn't bulge one bit.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 26, 2017
MiddleDimension:
whats the smoke oozing out of the sides of the JF-17s all about?

no smoke, grin

vortex (a circulatory air flow pattern) generated due to leading-edge extensions of the jf17
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 11:36pm On Jun 26, 2017
Sorry for the derailment(again)
I just wanted to use this opportunity to say thank you to everyone on the Forum that wished me a happy birthday.I appreciate you all<3

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
Henry240:
http://www.janes.com/article/71769/nigeria-reportedly-acquiring-12-su-30-fighters

Nigeria reportedly acquiring 12 Su-30 fighters
Jeremy Binnie, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
26 June 2017
[b]Nigeria received two Sukhoi Su-30 multirole fighters earlier this year [/b]and will receive another 10 in 2018, the Sputnik news agency reported a senior Russian official as saying on 26 June.

"In 2018, Russia will supply 10 Su-30 aircraft. Thus, the contract will be completed by the end of next year," said Anatoliy Punchuk, the deputy director of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC).

The report did not identify the Su-30 variant that was being acquired by Nigeria, which was not previously known to be interested in the aircraft. The Nigerian Air Force was known to be lining up the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) JF-17 Thunder, but the finalisation of that deal has yet to be confirmed.

Want to read more? For analysis on

Sputnik is a terrible source, cant believe Janes is using them.

But I guess we gotta wait and see

(1) (2) (3) ... (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.