Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5973717 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by officialdayo: 12:08am On Jun 27, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:26am On Jun 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

One problem though, that's not a tavor it's an Fn f2000

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:33am On Jun 27, 2017
Libya

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:40am On Jun 27, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mupper2: 2:53am On Jun 27, 2017
So, sorry about this I know this pic was posted here a while back, but I have a question(s) Where/when/why/How is this lad from the Nigerian SBS wearing Irish Paddyflage camo..anyone any ideas?

It's not easy to find it in Europe, never mind further afield.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:15am On Jun 27, 2017
lionel4power:
I never really liked this gun, it looks so cumbersome.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:17am On Jun 27, 2017
Henry240:

They might have been reprimanded. However, he didn't disclose any information not already available to the public. He didn't even disclose any information at all for that matter.

I remember how you pestered him over the photos of MI-35m, he didn't bulge one bit.
Hehehe my guy didn't even shake body
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 3:32am On Jun 27, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:03am On Jun 27, 2017
mupper2:
So, sorry about this I know this pic was posted here a while back, but I have a question(s) Where/when/why/How is this lad from the Nigerian SBS wearing Irish Paddyflage camo..anyone any ideas?

Shhhh lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 6:35am On Jun 27, 2017
Fidha254:
Not strictly on topic..but related Ngelina was at the IPSTC to celebrate World Refugee Day.. And to advocate for peacekeepers to do more to protect violence against women during war in her capacity as unhcr ambassador... Damn, her face is like a picture

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 6:38am On Jun 27, 2017
About IPSTC

The Peace Support Training Centre (PSTC) was established in January 2001 as part of the Kenyan Defense Staff College. It initially focused at training of Kenyan forces for UN peace keeping missions and later African Union Peace Support Operations.PSTC became a separate Kenyan MOSD establishment in July 2006 and in 2008, initial efforts towards “internationalization” were made.In 2009, PSTC Karen merged with International Mine Action Training Centre (IMATC) to form one centre, International Peace Support Training Centre (IPSTC). The former PSTC was renamed to Peace and Conflict Studies School (PCSS) and IMATC renamed to Humanitarian Peace Support School (HPSS).In 2011, IPSTC achieved autonomy through formal partnership arrangements with USA, UK, Canada, Japan, Kenya, Germany and UNDP.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 6:42am On Jun 27, 2017
patches689:

Sputnik is a terrible source, cant believe Janes is using them.
But I guess we gotta wait and see
and I believe SABC is a genuine source
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 27, 2017
mupper2:

Quick question, are you African or European? Also what country if you don't mind?

As for the Cammo, nobody knows how that unit sources it's Cammo. It's impossible to say.

However for the rest of the military, there are local factories from where uniforms are made.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 6:58am On Jun 27, 2017
Kdf

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Hehehe my guy didn't even shake body

You would have been the best person to get clarification from the NAF. If only you didn't delete your page.

Such a loss.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:49am On Jun 27, 2017
MiddleDimension:

i know the difference between the two celebrations. remember Nigeria especially northern nigeria is also part of the islamic world.

yes, eid el fitr and eid el kabir (adah) are also called sallah in nigeria. so barka de sallah to you and everyone in north africa!

and an atheist in the islamic world?! i am wondering if you are open about your atheism? if you are open about it, how easy is life foe you there as ab atheist? if u look on the bbc's website, you will find a story of a nigeian in kano who was taken to the psychiatric hospital because he renounced islam and became an atheist. down here, people still have attitude to you if you say you are an atheist. i experienced this when i started being open about my atheism.
In Kenya, these guys are really testing tolerance to the limit with there shouting and making big political statements, don't know how far they going to get...

http://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/news/atheists-push-removal-god-kenyas-national-anthem/

http://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/news/atheists-kenya-want-february-17-declared-public-holiday/
Since the law on religion was slightly changed to allow one to (when filling official govt forms) , on the option of religion, one can now write "others" or "No religion", now atheists in kenya are taking that and using it to demand everything
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:15am On Jun 27, 2017
MiddleDimension:
whats the smoke oozing out of the sides of the JF-17s all about?

That's not smoke. Its a form of condensation. You usually see it on the wingtips where high pressure and low pressure air rapidly mix and form a vortex. Water vapour in the air then condenses, and forms "clouds".

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by officialdayo: 8:20am On Jun 27, 2017
ssaengine:

That's not smoke. Its a form of condensation. You usually see it on the wingtips where high pressure and low pressure air rapidly mix and form a vortex. Water vapour in the air then condenses, and forms "clouds".
Contrail
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:31am On Jun 27, 2017
officialdayo:

Contrail

No not really. Contrails originate from the engine at high altitudes. Wingtip vortices are a function of the geometry of the wing and other structural surfaces.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:53am On Jun 27, 2017
So someone confused a Hind with a Su-30? So much for invading the Republic of South Africa in style. grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 9:34am On Jun 27, 2017
Considering our insurgency threats, which would have been a better option between SU 25 or Super Tucano? Always preferred the former but seems like only a minority like or talk about it here...

Time would tell if SU 30 story is true. Probably also time to change our service chiefs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 9:56am On Jun 27, 2017
Henry240:
Sniper I.D

Could anybody help with the identification of this Nigerian army sniper rifle?
Orsis T5000
Spec ops stuff

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 27, 2017
M14A1:

Orsis T5000
Spec ops stuff

Thanks man.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 27, 2017
Nigerian army special forces operator with his Orsis T5000 Sniper rifle.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 27, 2017
Nigerian COIN operations.

Troop supply

MI-17 Transport/Assault helicopter

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 27, 2017
The Nigerian Air Force has confirmed that the story isn't true. The report has also been taken down by Jane's defence.com

What a tragic error.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:38am On Jun 27, 2017
61 Mechinised Ratel 90s preparing for cross-border assault from nothern Namibia.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 27, 2017
BlackBaron:
Considering our insurgency threats, which would have been a better option between SU 25 or Super Tucano? Always preferred the former but seems like only a minority like or talk about it here...

Time would tell if SU 30 story is true. Probably also time to change our service chiefs.

The Super Tucano is the best aircraft to deal with our insurgency, ISR and patrol of EEZ. There has never been a real requirement for the SU-25.

Yes, it is probably the best tank killer, but we aren't attacking tanks. It is also too single role dedicated. After attacking ground targets, what next?

If the Americans would eventually sell us the 12 aircrafts, i don't really mind the current scrutiny in the US senate.

The Su-30 story is not true.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:49am On Jun 27, 2017
Hope the Namibians don't get offended by us posting pictures of the SADF in their country.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:30am On Jun 27, 2017
giles14:
and I believe SABC is a genuine source

No SABC is not genuine either
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 11:55am On Jun 27, 2017
Recap Video

Denel Umkhonto Surface - Air Missile Live Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBgBvDeaNM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
Algerian Police Brigadier wins appointment by Interpol

Algerian Police Brigadier, Bachir El-Said, has been appointed to lead a team of international experts entrusted with Combating Cybercrime , as part of Interpol.

According to a statement issued Wednesday by the Directorate of National Security (DGSN), Police Brigadier Bachir Said, head of the Central Department in charge of Combating Crimes related to Information and Communication Technologies, was appointed by the General management of the international police organisation at the head of INTERPOL’s expert group in charge of fighting and stamping out cybercrimes worldwide.

The appointment of the DGSN’s head of the central authority to combat crimes related to information and communication technologies was made by the Secretary-General of the International Police Organization “INTERPOL” on the occasion of the 10th meeting of the heads of the competent departments involved the steadfast struggle against cybercrime of the Middle East and North Africa regions held on 10 and 11 May 2017 in France.

The statement concludes that the appointment is a “ recognition by the highest international security bodies of the high level expertise and sound professionalism that has become characteristic of the Algerian police services in various fields of endeavor” .

(1) (2) (3) ... (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.