Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5968300 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 22, 2017
newafricaken254:
Why turn when you can do this !?those flip and turn won't stop it from being locked on

httptube.com/watch?v=4g4_jzqBJnA

The Russians have thier own agile missiles.

I'm specifically referring to the agility of the aircraft, nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 22, 2017
Nigerian navy SPIES training

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 6:47am On Jul 22, 2017
[center][/center]
newafricaken254:
Why turn when you can do this !?those flip and turn won't stop it from being locked on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g4_jzqBJnA

Bros, F35 is overrated by America. The missiles are different components entirely and should be compared separately.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:10am On Jul 22, 2017
Iblawi1:
[center][/center]

Bros, F35 is overrated by America. The missiles are different components entirely and should be compared separately.
can the SU-35 hover in the air like the F-35B !?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ray1251(m): 7:20am On Jul 22, 2017
[sub][/sub]
newafricaken254:
can the SU-35 hover in the air like the F-35B !?
better sir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTyT0OfPq1k

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:27am On Jul 22, 2017
Denel Aeronautics

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by officialdayo: 7:29am On Jul 22, 2017
We all know in manueverability, the Russians are good.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by officialdayo: 7:31am On Jul 22, 2017
ssaengine:
Denel Aeronautics

Why isn't Denel making LUH helo? They would have enough sales in that compared to combat helo.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:05am On Jul 22, 2017
officialdayo:

Why isn't Denel making LUH helo? They would have enough sales in that compared to combat helo.

They would still rely on Western rotors then face the same problems like they did with the AH.

Developing one from scratch would take more resources making the project uneconomical

Unless there's a reliable independent rotor supplier out there, Denel would rather risk it with an AH because of the after sales products (weaponry) that comes with it.

NB: My personal opinion wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:07am On Jul 22, 2017
ssaengine:
Denel Aeronautics

Is that V-shaped thingy a drone of some sort?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 8:11am On Jul 22, 2017
officialdayo:
We all know in manueverability, the Russians are good.

Even better in rockets
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:15am On Jul 22, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Is that V-shaped thingy a drone of some sort?

Rear horizontal stabilizer of an aircraft.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:16am On Jul 22, 2017
Ray1251:
[sub][/sub] better sir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTyT0OfPq1k
so thats what you call hovering !?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:17am On Jul 22, 2017
officialdayo:

I guess management don't see it as a possible revenue stream when compared to what's already out there.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:20am On Jul 22, 2017
i believe museveni will be the first one to buy this SU-35 jet ,before anyone else in sub-sahara africa grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by officialdayo: 8:32am On Jul 22, 2017
ssaengine:

I guess management don't see it as a possible revenue stream when compared to what's already out there.

There's this aircraft you posted sometime ago. It's an airliner. In my opinion, developing helos like the Augusta etc will fetch more money as they have dual use serving both the military and the public. Everyone needs such helicopters.

So I feel if they can see the need for such airliner as a source of revenue, then the helo shouldn't be a bad pick.

Cc: ActivateKruger
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by officialdayo: 8:33am On Jul 22, 2017
newafricaken254:
i believe museveni will be the first one to buy this SU-35 jet ,before anyone else in sub-sahara africa grin grin grin

Uganda shocked why??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:36am On Jul 22, 2017
officialdayo:

There's this aircraft you posted sometime ago. It's an airliner. In my opinion, developing helos like the Augusta etc will fetch more money as they have dual use serving both the military and the public. Everyone needs such helicopters.

So I feel if they can see the need for such airliner as a source of revenue, then the helo shouldn't be a bad pick.

Cc: ActivateKruger

Helo's are an order of magnitude more technical than fixed wing, in terms of development.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by officialdayo: 8:42am On Jul 22, 2017
ssaengine:

Helo's are an order of magnitude more technical than fixed wing, in terms of development.

Maybe more technical but I doubt if it's going to be too technical for the engineers at Denel. They're professionals who have designed aircrafts before.

The technical aspect isn't the issue I'm talking about. I am just saying since there's more demand in LUH Helos, I feel Denel should take such advantage and go into such.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:55am On Jul 22, 2017
officialdayo:

Maybe more technical but I doubt if it's going to be too technical for the engineers at Denel. They're professionals who have designed aircrafts before.

The technical aspect isn't the issue I'm talking about. I am just saying since there's more demand in LUH Helos, I feel Denel should take such advantage and go into such.

As strange as it sounds Denel doesn't have helicopter engineers anymore. They left after the Rooivalk project, some started ATE which produced the "Super" Hind. ATE was swallowed by Paramount Group. So if there's someone who's likely to do an LUH it's more likely to be Paramount.

Paramount being an extremely mean business enterprise, they don't venture into something unless they spot a gap in the market.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 8:58am On Jul 22, 2017
cry
Henry240:

Lmfao!!

What is this?

The fighter could barely turn! grin grin

So I guess you are just going to ignore the vertical take-off followed by inverted loop followed by pugachevs cobra, a high alpha pass (I had to look up its name because I have never seen it before) and the ultra-low speed pass where he drops the tail under the aircraft and "surf's" through the sky?

Either way, it's silly to compare the two. Fanboy-ish to even mention the F35.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 22, 2017
el-mellah 938 , New Sailing school ship , Algerian navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:14am On Jul 22, 2017
newafricaken254:
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:21am On Jul 22, 2017
This guy @MikeCZA grin

*file removed

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 22, 2017
Tunisian SF GIP

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:27am On Jul 22, 2017
ActivateKruger post=587 angry10313:

As strange as it sounds Denel doesn't have helicopter engineers anymore. They left after the Rooivalk project, some started ATE which produced the "Super" Hind. ATE was swallowed by Paramount Group. So if there's someone who's likely to do an LUH it's more likely to be Paramount.

Paramount being an extremely mean business enterprise, they don't venture into something unless they spot a gap in the market.

Not 100% true. Still some guys around. And engineers at that level are very mobile...Denel, CSIR, Armscor, Paramount swop engineers all the time when new projects come up.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2017
GreenandGold:
This guy @MikeCZA grin

Dipshit Mike, one of the old guards of Nairaland's military threads!! grin grin

Don't remove it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:43am On Jul 22, 2017
GreenandGold:
This guy @MikeCZA grin
I don't know this gentleman! grin grin grin grin grin

Remove his picture.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 22, 2017
Egypt Air Force Mig-29m2

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by officialdayo: 10:12am On Jul 22, 2017
MikeCZA:
I don't know this gentleman! grin grin grin grin grin

Remove his picture.

I'm sure that picture already has over 12 screenshots. grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 10:19am On Jul 22, 2017
officialdayo:

Uganda shocked why??
museveni has shown willingness to buy high end Russian weaponry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.