Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5957357 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) (1340) (1341) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2017
lionel4power:
the size of this beast would make even generals go (O_O)

at 19 tons that is like half the weight of a main battle tank.

kudos Proforce
BH should resign .... Lool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Pumpyjay: 10:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
Henry240:
The ARA makes the general look so punny.

It's a 19 ton monster of a truck!

If you consider that the dude in the hi-visibility vest is at least 6' 3", then I estimate that "beast" is at least 10-12ft tall if not more.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nok234:

Dont forget is the 1st prototype remaining 2 or 8
Yeah we will see some improvements after field testing.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Yeah we will see some improvements after field testing.

Yeah, like the spacing between the wheels is rather very low for a vehicle this size.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Yeah, like the spacing between the wheels is rather very low for a vehicle this size.
Explain please I don’t follow
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 11:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
tdayof:
PROFORCE ARA -BAMBI
damnnn my reaction to the ARA MRAP

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Cannonleo:
damnnn my reaction to the ARA MRAP
Oun iyalenu grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

The compartment fittings are too low for a vehicle that has a longer wheel base like this... It affects obstacle climbing tests.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 11:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
greenpasture:

You've nailed it. I was going to deactivate my NL account but you made my day. There is hope even in the dark. Well put.
I must congratulate you sir for your tremendous fate in the Nigerian project despite the everyday challenges we face and the lack of self esteem which may rightly or not be seen.

This alongside the igirigi and the LAv are little but efficient steps in the drive towards rediscovering what decades of hate,anguish,animosity and self victimization has clouded which is the innovative spirit of the Nigerian through thick and thin.

I urge everyone on this thread to continue even in the good the bad and the ugly cos praise without constructivd crticism becomes sycophancy.

I eagerly await more orders by NA and also by Extension the big boys in North Africa
Congratulations to every one

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 11:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Any pics of what the back looks like when complete?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 11:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
Odunayaw:
Oun iyalenu grin
why won't I be surprised ni

Egbon

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 12:08am On Aug 18, 2017
tdayof:
Nigerian Navy Requests $300 Million To Buy A Submarine. 

https://defensenigeria.blog/2017/08/17/nigerian-navy-requests-300-million-to-buy-a-submarine/
Maybe type 214, and even for frigate big chances is coming from Germany
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DonBobes(m): 12:13am On Aug 18, 2017
cutievik:
Oga count the men wey dey there then count the MRAPs wey dey there, tell me wey the rest wan stay.. Hilux again... Nigeria sinks ..

Nigerians again.
Have u heard of wat dey call vanguard and rearguard. If war starts btw nig n usa now. Will usa send all her troops to fight us. 2ndly will usa line up all her equipment to use for the battle Ponder over this

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 12:23am On Aug 18, 2017
Henry240:
The ARA makes the general look so punny.

It's a 19 ton monster of a truck!
Imagine a cage on it ! Mouhahahahahhaa lol and bigger Tyres ! #BokoHaramResign waiting for the 2 others
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 18, 2017
Shekau’s deputies: “Oga I no do again, no be die I come this sambisa come die abeg.”

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 2:45am On Aug 18, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Shekau’s deputies: “Oga I no do again, no be die I come this sambisa come die abeg.”
Hahahahahha
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 4:32am On Aug 18, 2017
This is just the beginning and am sure more is coming. Proforce ti da igboro ru.

Sincerely, this is a good start.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 18, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Good observation cool

I think profce should develop a 6x6 variant of the ARA

Man, a 6x6 variant is not much of an issue. In my opinion Proforce needs to design and manufacture a vehicle like the Nimr Ajban 440A in addition to the military version of the PF2 APC.

A vehicle that would allow us rapidly deploy light armour quickly.

After that, a wheeled 6x6 IFV with a 35mm or 40mm combat system.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:01am On Aug 18, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

These 2 pictures may kindly explain.

- Pic 1, note the suspension of the RG 31 Mk5, a similar class vehicle. Note those obstacles the vehicle passes through. (that's just for show, testing is done on something bigger)

- Pic 2, note this vehicle flatting an incline. Only high suspension vehicles (on longer wheel base) pass this basic test.

As you said, it's a prototype and field testing is yet to be done and modifications would be expected which is perfectly fine.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:29am On Aug 18, 2017
ActivateKruger:

These 2 pictures may kindly explain.

- Pic 1, note the suspension of the RG 31 Mk5, a similar class vehicle. Note those obstacles the vehicle passes through. (that's just for show, testing is done on something bigger)

- Pic 2, note this vehicle flatting an incline. Only high suspension vehicles (on longer wheel base) pass this basic test.

As you said, it's a prototype and field testing is yet to be done and modifications would be expected which is perfectly fine.

Thread meltdown loading in 3...2...1

Should have rather let it go. Perhaps point it out a few days from now, not while everyone is celebrating.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 7:39am On Aug 18, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:52am On Aug 18, 2017
ssaengine:

Should have rather let it go. Perhaps point it out a few days from now, not while everyone is celebrating.

Maybe not, I only pointed it out because the phrase "1st prototype" was used.

Note that I take nothing away from the vehicle, I only pointed out the midsection suspension being a concern.... If you may look into the front of the vehicle, the suspension is good. The designers got carried away with the compartments and fitted them too low between the wheels and probably forgot about how long the wheel base is.

Again, as they said they have a provision for 7 more prototypes which is more than excellent.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 8:00am On Aug 18, 2017
Why should there be a melt down, can't grown ups actually discuss among themselves without fighting?
Your opinion was on point sir, no worries. Right or wrong, if anyone disagrees, respectfully explain why.

ActivateKruger:

Maybe not, I only pointed it out because the phrase "1st prototype" was used.

Note that I take nothing away from the vehicle, I only pointed out the midsection suspension being a concern.... If you may look into the front of the vehicle, the suspension is good. The designers got carried away with the compartments and fitted them too low between the wheels and probably forgot about how long the wheel base is.

Again, they said they they have a provision for 7 more prototypes which is more than excellent.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 18, 2017
ssaengine:

Grow some common sense.

State trials are about to commence, as soon as that is completed, we would know how to progress from there.

As it is, the vehicle is already an excellent platform, feedback from the field would guide the engineers on what areas to further improve upon.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 18, 2017
greenpasture:

Blue prints are out there my man and you don't do orders to the Libyan government based on non standard processes. I mean there is a war there for goodness sake.

A lot of people may not know this but the government is indigenizing the defence industry. Innoson fixed up the rocket system of Alpha jets and believe me the Ara is using an international process for design and ballistics testing.

I know it's fashionable and easy thinking to knock everything that comes out of Nigeria but the reality is more nuanced. Great things are happening and we need to have an open mind.
Henry240 please tell these people I only asked for the ballistic protection level..................Somewhere along the line they think im knocking Nigerian products??

IF you don't know just say so!! No need to get defensive when I never even said anything bad about the ARA!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 18, 2017
It is finally a record.

The most liked post in the history of this thread.

The ARA with 21 likes has blown away the competition.
cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 18, 2017
Here is the Mastiff

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:15am On Aug 18, 2017
Henry240:

Grow some common sense.

State trials are about to commence, as soon as that is completed, we would know how to progress from there.

As it is, the vehicle is already an excellent platform, feedback from the field would guide the engineers on what areas to further improve upon.

The only one lacking sense here is you. If you bothered to understand what my point was, I'm telling a fellow South African NOT to jump and say wheel base is too short or too long, or this is too this or that. And then comparing it to a South African product by just using pics as reference. Such has the tendency of starting thread wars.

As you say, trials will determine what may need changing. Not analysis by eye. So your attempt at being big daddy has failed. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 18, 2017
ssaengine:

The only one lacking sense here is you. If you bothered to understand what my point was, I'm telling a fellow South African NOT to jump and say wheel base is too short or too long, or this is too this or that. And then comparing it to a South African product by just using pics as reference. Such has the tendency of starting thread wars.

As you say, trials will determine what may need changing. Not analysis by eye. So your attempt at being big daddy has failed. Thanks.

The comments made by AK are quite clear. There was not intent to malign or whatsoever. He made a comment based on his own knowledge, neither did he make any claim to be an expert in the field.

There was no intent at ill-will or to start any thread war.

You on the other hand, had to point what isn't there in the first place.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:39am On Aug 18, 2017
Henry240:

The comments made by AK are quite clear. There was not intent to malign or whatsoever. He made a comment based on his own knowledge, neither did he make any claim to be an expert in the field.

There was no intent at ill-will or to start any thread war.

You on the other hand, had to point what isn't there in the first place.

Starting thread wars does not have to be started by any ill intent or ill will. It can be an innocent comment and all it takes is a reply. You have been here long enough to know that. Act dum.b if you want to. I simply advised him, he replied to ME explaining what he meant, and I left it.

You just feel the need to exert fake internet authority on certain people here, but I don't take your nonsense. Even your reply to me makes no sense.

"State trials are about to commence, as soon as that is completed, we would know how to progress from there.

As it is, the vehicle is already an excellent platform, feedback from the field would guide the engineers on what areas to further improve upon
."

What has that got to do with what I said to him? You just typed for the sake of typing. Kindly go sleep. And to stop from any derailment, this is my last reply on this matter.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:05am On Aug 18, 2017
Henry240:
Here is the Mastiff
The mastiff is also low. I however find AK point to be interesting but let us take note the fact that ARA is very heavy so won't having enough space to the ground cause more issues?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:08am On Aug 18, 2017
Henry240:
It is finally a record.

The most liked post in the history of this thread.

The ARA with 21 likes has blown away the competition.
cool cool cool

What I was supposed to quote.

Oya where's my maltina and gala.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) (1339) (1340) (1341) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.