Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,090 members, 7,859,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:03 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6027535 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) (1353) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2017
Covert1:

A great Job. Thanks. Your extra mile effort have now put paid to amateur wannabe analysts who know next to nothing but want tell us they know better than experts in the field and experts in arms engineering. Just looking at the rubbish contention they were putting up about the ARA MRAP ground clearance made it condescending to respond. As u know there was no point responding to pain and envy in the first place.

Yes Sir, anything for love of country.

I had to go the extra mile to ask because the naivety, ignorance of some of the comments on the ground clearance of the Ara had become nauseating.

I don't usually respond to those comments, i find that it makes no sense giving credibility to one's ignorance.

The response from Proforce is very clear, i am also immensely thankful to the team.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2017
Exercise blue Kunene moves along

Namibian, Zimbabwean & South African Helo's

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2017
More from Exercise Blue Kunene
the deployed Mobile Field Hospital

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2017
NAF CONDUCTS 2017 PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has conducted the 2017 annual physical fitness test for its personnel in a bid to assess their fitness levels in undertaking various assigned military duties. The exercise took place in all NAF units across the country from 21-25 August 2017, in line with the directives of the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar. In addition to improving the overall physical fitness of personnel, the exercise was also designed to enhance their mental alertness for improved service delivery. To meet these goals, personnel were examined in various physical activities including 2.5km jog/5km walk, cardiovascular endurance as well as tests of flexibility (seat and reach) and muscular strength.

Although an annual exercise, the fitness assessment is mandatory for all NAF personnel especially in the wake of their participation in various internal security operations nationwide.

DOPRI

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2017
tdayof:

What makes a MRAP 100% battle ready and perfect?

List them and tell me if Proforce won't meet those standards. After meeting those standards, tell me how they are not one of the best.

You're just one ignorant man who just can't hide the fact that you hate reading good news from Nigeria. In a tech market, being new in the game doesn't mean you can't produce one of the world best. I hope you know that?

Chill ama school you. What's the difference between a university student reciting a multiplication table and a secondary school student? They're both perfect at it. Time means nothing.

In hi-tech, we've seen alot of new game changers.

You and your wacky opinions tho'.
Beautiful input.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nok234:

Indeed + the army experience against terrorist pretty sure we are going to build one of the best MRAP worldwide ! ARA is just good

Yes Sir, i do quite agree.

The Nigerian army has participated in the execution of this vehicle. We will see a vehicle built from the experience the Nigerian army has gained fighting in the NE.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 12:32am On Aug 28, 2017
ViceAdmirlAgain:
Exercise blue Kunene moves along

Namibian, Zimbabwean & South African Helo's

All governments in all Southern regions of Africa should pass bills to all senates compelling all women to always wrap all cowbells in satchets, this is jet age not spear and shield era.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 12:54am On Aug 28, 2017
ssaengine:

No. You are not. You know you are not. Everyone knows you are not. Just accept small victories and build from there, instead of making fairytale claims. You are not suddenly going to leapfrog others stretching from Russia, Turkey to the U.S (and everyone in between) on your 1st attempt.

Rather say Proforce will deliver a MRAP that meets the requirements of the Nigerian Army and leave it at that.

Europe laughed at China years ago, but today China is king. Those Nigerian army engineers, Proforce engineers you ridicule have used, repaired, dismantled, reassembled, studied for five years, five different MRAPS from RSA, USA, and mastered every tech in them. Nigerian made ARA will shock the MRAP world beating the best because Nigeria will build ARA cheaper than rivals, sell cheaper, take over the whole African market. Envy and jealousy kills slowly like HIV AIDS.

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 28, 2017
SupremeCourt:

All governments in all Southern regions of Africa should pass bills to all senates compelling all women to always wrap all cowbells in satchets, this is jet age not spear and shield era.
grin grin grin cowbells
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:09am On Aug 28, 2017
tdayof:

What makes a MRAP 100% battle ready and perfect?

List them and tell me if Proforce won't meet those standards. After meeting those standards, tell me how they are not one of the best.

You're just one ignorant man who just can't hide the fact that you hate reading good news from Nigeria. In a tech market, being new in the game doesn't mean you can't produce one of the world best. I hope you know that?

Chill ama school you. What's the difference between a university student reciting a multiplication table and a secondary school student? They're both perfect at it. Time means nothing.

In hi-tech, we've seen alot of new game changers.

You and your wacky opinions tho'.

Oh gosh...here we go again. Am I not the one who told AK to stop his nonsense about ground clearance because he was talking cr.ap? Has absolutely nothing to do with Nigeria. My dear if I was jealous of any particular African country when it comes to defence products, it would be Sudan, not you.

Your friend said that this MRAP will be one of the best in the world. Why argue for the sake of arguing when you know this won't be the case? Unfortunately in engineering, you simply can't escape something called experience. That's really all that matters.

Since they replied to Henry, why don't you ask Proforce if they did a full scale blast test. Also ask Proforce what CFD and FEA package they used when performing such test, I would really love to know. Also from their products you can see that they are not yet confident enough to work with curved plates.

I never said its a piece of cra.p, so relax with your emotions. Let me ask you a simple question...before this Nigerian MRAP came along did you consider all other MRAP's to be the same? All were equally good? You never thought one was better than another, since all "standards" were met? Almost everyone here has stated in the past their pro's and con's of a particular vehicle, now you want this one to jump to the front of the queue because its yours? Chill

You are free to share with us what new game changers this MRAP brings.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:05am On Aug 28, 2017
SupremeCourt:

Europe laughed at China years ago, but today China is king. Those Nigerian army engineers, Proforce engineers you ridicule have used, repaired, dismantled, reassembled, studied for five years, five different MRAPS from RSA, USA, and mastered every tech in them. Nigerian made ARA will shock the MRAP world beating the best. Nigeria will build ARA cheaper than rivals, sell cheaper, take over the whole African market. Envy and jealousy kills slowly like HIV AIDS.

This comment shows how serious you are in contributing anything meaningful to this thread. I'm embarrassed for you.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:30am On Aug 28, 2017
A Kenyan made a meme using the SAAF and Henry (the Nollywood witch mother) pics. I couldn't have done a better job grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:41am On Aug 28, 2017
Covert1:

Stop the pettiness! I expect better from u. Proforce ain't stupid, it's a professional organisation that do bids based on clients specifications. What is evident is that the ARA MRAP meets CT/COIN dynamics and can be upgraded depending on combat exigencies. What everyone knows is that the Nigerian Army is a battles tested Army to learn from. That's what Generals do not whine in contempt.

There is nothing petty in my comment. I'm correcting someone who says this product will be one of the best in the world, simple. There are literally hundreds of companies world wide with the same skill sets as Proforce, who make (or have the ability) similar products, BUT who have been around for longer. Then someone says its going to be one of the best, when its only 3 weeks old? Take a neutral position and I'm sure you'll admit that's simply a made up comment which needs correction.

I have nothing again Proforce. You are free to believe that or not.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:58am On Aug 28, 2017
Covert1:

A great Job. Thanks. Your extra mile effort have now put paid to amateur wannabe analysts who know next to nothing but want tell us they know better than experts in the field and experts in arms engineering. Just looking at the rubbish contention they were putting up about the ARA MRAP ground clearance made it condescending to respond. As u know there was no point responding to pain and envy in the first place.

Where's the envy? South Africa had an indeginoius MRAP in 1974, we literally wrote the book on these vehicles. We still the only country in the world where every wheeled military vehicle was an MRAP, from horse transport vehicles, ambulance, water tank and everything in between.

We have produced and exported 1000s of these vehicles, we have over 20 models on the market.... If you wish to celebrate about 1 model then go ahead it's your own archivement, we threw that party in 1974.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:03am On Aug 28, 2017
We start them young cool

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:06am On Aug 28, 2017
ssaengine:

[s]Oh gosh...here we go again. Am I not the one who told AK to stop his nonsense about ground clearance because he was talking cr.ap? Has absolutely nothing to do with Nigeria. My dear if I was jealous of any particular African country when it comes to defence products, it would be Sudan, not you.

Your friend said that this MRAP will be one of the best in the world. Why argue for the sake of arguing when you know this won't be the case? Unfortunately in engineering, you simply can't escape something called experience. That's really all that matters.

Since they replied to Henry, why don't you ask Proforce if they did a full scale blast test. Also ask Proforce what CFD and FEA package they used when performing such test, I would really love to know. Also from their products you can see that they are not yet confident enough to work with curved plates.

I never said its a piece of cra.p, so relax with your emotions. Let me ask you a simple question...before this Nigerian MRAP came along did you consider all other MRAP's to be the same? All were equally good? You never thought one was better than another, since all "standards" were met? Almost everyone here has stated in the past their pro's and con's of a particular vehicle, now you want this one to jump to the front of the queue because its yours? Chill

You are free to share with us what new game changers this MRAP brings. [/s]

As usual thrash. What have you said to address your previous post?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 11:42am On Aug 28, 2017
tdayof:

As usual thrash. What have you said to address your previous post?

If you want to be combative you are more than free to do so. You want me to address something that you yourself cannot address. The sooner you realise I have nothing against Nigeria the better. You think you're having an argument, when you're not grin.

Have you yourself not had a preferred list of MRAP's, IFV, ICV'? What makes your number 10 on the list worst than your number 3? Especially if the company producing number 10 has also met all required "standards". To say that ARA will be one of the best MRAP's in the world is false, and you know that. Such will take time, years of user feedback, operational use, years of design modifications. You know that, act dum.b if you want to, up to you.

No one is saying ARA is cra.p, just get that part into your head.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
SupremeCourt:

Europe laughed at China years ago, but today China is king. Those Nigerian army engineers, Proforce engineers you ridicule have used, repaired, dismantled, reassembled, studied for five years, five different MRAPS from RSA, USA, and mastered every tech in them. Nigerian made ARA will shock the MRAP world beating the best. Nigeria will build ARA cheaper than rivals, sell cheaper, take over the whole African market. Envy and jealousy kills slowly like HIV AIDS.

Shut up, Augustine

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2017
Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2017
https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/7453/nigeria-seeks-cooperation-russia-fight-boko-haram
I obtained this from GBASH a former follower on the BEEGEAGLE'S thread
It has pictures that show a full fledged meeting and Agreements.
No middlemen
g2- g2
Defence Minister 2 Defence Minister

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2017
Ugandan police

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Where's the envy? South Africa had an indeginoius MRAP in 1974, we literally wrote the book on these vehicles. We still the only country in the world where every wheeled military vehicle was an MRAP, from horse transport vehicles, ambulance, water tank and everything in between.

We have produced and exported 1000s of these vehicles, we have over 20 models on the market.... If you wish to celebrate about 1 model then go ahead it's your own archivement, we threw that party in 1974.

Portugal once rule the modern world in almost everything, where are they today? Other nations simply catch up with you and leave you behind if they are more determined, its not new. Portugal threw party like RSA many years ago, are they still celebrating global leadership in Portugal today? New champions arising in the MRAP world, believe it or not Saudi, UAE, Nigeria. The former hidden secrets of MRAP technology has leaked like rain water all over the world including Africa. Live with this new reality bro! MRAP is not space rocket science.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2017
You guys should chill especially the Nigerian. You don't have to continue on these path that always produce negative result.

Nigeria is growing and that's Good but others have optain such capabilities prior to us, as such have expertise we don't.
Its like comparing Chinese military hardwares with that of US, the may fly sheath jets but its common knowledge that the Chinese are growing in such capabilities & the American fighter will have better engine n co

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:26pm On Aug 28, 2017
ssaengine:

If you want to be combative you are more than free to do so. You want me to address something that you yourself cannot address. The sooner you realise I have nothing against Nigeria the better. You think you're having an argument, when you're not grin.

Have you yourself not had a preferred list of MRAP's, IFV, ICV'? What makes your number 10 on the list worst than your number 3? Especially if the company producing number 10 has also met all required "standards". To say that ARA will be one of the best MRAP's in the world is false, and you know that. Such will take time, years of user feedback, operational use, years of design modifications. You know that, act dum.b if you want to, up to you.

No one is saying ARA is cra.p, just get that part into your head.

Let me explain to you. Your opinion was Ara can never be part of the world best MRAP because it's a new product.

My answer was simple and then you're here with your epistle.

The poster said
Indeed + the army experience against terrorist pretty sure we are going to build one [b]of the best [/b]MRAP worldwide ! ARA is just good

And you're here saying its not possible because it's our first attempt and I made it clear to you that being new in the game doesn't mean we can't produce one of the best and you're here telling me about top 10.

The poster said "one of the best" and "not the best or best 10"

You're just looking for a way to justify your pettiness. No one gives a damn if you've been manufacturing MRAP since 1920. We offer same protection as you and we can offer a product with a better specification.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
http://tass.com/defense/961892

"KUBINKA, August 24. /TASS/. South Africa is considering buying 12 transport and landing and assault boats from Russia’s Kalashnikov Group while Argentina and the Philippines want to buy 10 such vessels, Kalashnikov spokeswoman Sofia Ivanova told TASS on Thursday.

"The Armed Forces of South Africa are considering the purchase of 12 boats of both modifications while the Philippines and Argentina want to buy 10 such vessels," the spokeswoman said at the Army-2017 military and technical forum outside Moscow where the Kalashnikov Group is featuring its BK-16 and BK-10 cutters.

Kalashnikov Group CEO Alexei Krivoruchko earlier told
TASS that the company expected to sign several contracts this year for the delivery of boats to foreign customers.

The Kalashnikov Group produces the BK-18 multipurpose cutter, the BK-16 transport and landing boat, as well as the BK-10 high-speed assault boat and the BK-9 high-speed amphibious assault cutter."

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2017
SupremeCourt:

Portugal once rule the modern world in almost everything, where are they today? Other nations simply catch up with you and leave you behind if they are more determined, its not new. Portugal threw party like RSA many years ago, are they still celebrating global leadership in Portugal today? New champions arising in the MRAP world, believe it or not Saudi, UAE, Nigeria. The former hidden secrets of MRAP technology has leaked like rain water all over the world including Africa. Live with this new reality bro! MRAP is not space rocket science.

Mr Augububu, when was the V-shaped hull ever a secret? We built it because we needed it and the world never needed one before Iraq and you never needed it before Boko Haram. AND yes an MRAP is not rocket science THEN stop behaving like the ARA is a spaceship.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
ssaengine:

"KUBINKA, August 24. /TASS/. South Africa is considering buying 12 transport and landing and assault boats from Russia’s Kalashnikov Group while Argentina and the Philippines want to buy 10 such vessels, Kalashnikov spokeswoman Sofia Ivanova told TASS on Thursday.

"The Armed Forces of South Africa are considering the purchase of 12 boats of both modifications while the Philippines and Argentina want to buy 10 such vessels," the spokeswoman said at the Army-2017 military and technical forum outside Moscow where the Kalashnikov Group is featuring its BK-16 and BK-10 cutters.

Kalashnikov Group CEO Alexei Krivoruchko earlier told
TASS that the company expected to sign several contracts this year for the delivery of boats to foreign customers.

The Kalashnikov Group produces the BK-18 multipurpose cutter, the BK-16 transport and landing boat, as well as the BK-10 high-speed assault boat and the BK-9 high-speed amphibious assault cutter.

Don’t you guys already make something that looks prett much like this but without a ramp and RWS
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2017
ssaengine:

Is there a need for such boats? I don't think so, rather add on to Onshore Patrol Vessels since they have suspended the OPV bid.

Anyways why are we buying in Russia what we can build locally? I don't get it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2017
tdayof:

Let me explain to you. Your opinion was Ara can never be part of the world best MRAP because it's a new product.

My answer was simple and then you're here with your epistle.

The poster said

And you're here saying its not possible because it's our first attempt and I made it clear to you that being new in the game doesn't mean we can't produce one of the best and you're here telling me about top 10.

The poster said "one of the best" and "not the best or best 10"

You're just looking for a way to justify your pettiness. No one gives a damn if you've been manufacturing MRAP since 1920. We offer same protection as you and we can offer a product with a better specification.

1. I never mentioned my country in any of my comments. So that goes to show it was what you based your responses on "Nigeria vs South Africa". That's your baby, not mine.

2. Ignore simple facts if you want to. There is still a very long way to go for it to be considered one of the best, yes because it is brand new. Faults will still be found, changes made, and Proforce will have to adopt different assembly/manufacture techniques. Someone who works with sheet metal will know exactly what im talking about. Yes I used top 10, or would you consider top 900 as also being "one of the best"?

3. Producing a new cell phone is a different form of engineering to this. Exactly why the Chinese can open up as many German cars as they want to for inspection, but their products just aren't as luxurious as a Merc or Bimmer. This field of engineering requires dedication over the long haul, learning from mistakes, feedback, making changes. Not over night. Very simple.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Don’t you guys already make something that looks prett much like this but without a ramp and RWS

That's what I'm also wondering. . Unless of course Zuma and his buddies want to have the last Arms Deal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) (1353) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.