Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5967178 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:42pm On Oct 04, 2017
newafricaken254:
mortar guy decapitated by him grin grin grin

Nope. A $1000 drone spots his location from the air because he's not even covered. Mortar crew takes him out. He doesn't have more than 2.5km of effective firing range, mortar can have 7km in killing range.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2017
Senegalese soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Nope. A $1000 drone spots his location from the air because he's not even covered. Mortar crew takes him out. He doesn't have more than 2.5km of effective firing range, mortar can have 7km in killing range.
I would rather be behind the sniper rifle than some mortal with low accuracy. The only disadvantage that sniper had is the open location. Snipers are supposed to be concealed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:21pm On Oct 04, 2017
ActivateKruger:

he spots the drone and takes cover
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2017
newafricaken254:
His eyes is so fixed on the scope, he is completely oblivious of the drone lurking with ominous intent.
Until kaboom and he never knew what hit him. grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2017
Kenya army WZ-551 command and control vehicle variant,displayed at KDF Pavilion ,Nairobi International Trade Fair

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2017
Xbee007:

His eyes is so fixed on the scope, he is completely oblivious of the drone lurking with ominous intent.
Until kaboom and he never knew what hit him. grin grin grin
the buzzing sound of that lawn mower engine of the drone,will alert him of the impending danger
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2017
Xbee007:

I would rather be behind the sniper rifle than some mortal with low accuracy. The only disadvantage that sniper had is the open location. Snipers are supposed to be concealed.

This guy does sniping the wrong way. Spotters and cheap civilian drones (used by the regional insurgets) can pick him up.

I personally fear mortar shell than a sniper bullet. I don't know about other military accuracy skills but with the SANDF you can't use one unless you're qualified so as we all know they can put 6 shells in the air before the first one hits the ground. That's plenty of hit probability.

1. Ratel 60 (mortar)
2. Ratel 81 (mortar)

That's firing from safety.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:28pm On Oct 04, 2017
newafricaken254:

What is this? Hollywood? where such things happen. If you're a sniper, your eye stays on the scope. Your targets are on the ground. You can't afford moving them off, you look somewhere else then the target advances towards your position. Bye bye, go meet your buddies in hades.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2017

12 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 04, 2017
Fynline:
NAF Regiment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWEADq3MGQ

found this grin

edit: WTF this video is 2 years old i thought FourTroop LTD was new to Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVcD7DDS3TI

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:49pm On Oct 04, 2017
ActivateKruger:

What is this? Hollywood? where such things happen. If you're a sniper, your eye stays on the scope. Your targets are on the ground. You can't afford moving them off, you look somewhere else then the target advances towards your position. Bye bye, go meet your buddies in hades.
because you ears are also on the scope !?has the hundreds of UAS/UAV orbit on the battlefield prevented ISIS from utilising its tanks,APC's,technicals,artilleries,MRLS e.t.c !?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fufubear: 7:55pm On Oct 04, 2017
ActivateKruger:

The snipers spotter is supposed to be looking out for other dangers which is why they carry assault rifles instead of marksman weapons. Odds are if a drone did fly over the spotter would see it and they would relocate.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
recent funeral of a member of kenya General service unit

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2017
Fynline:
NAF Regiment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWEADq3MGQ
Beautiful.

A chance of photos from the company?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
BM-21 "Grad" 122 mm MRLS , old simple but effective

algerian army

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 11:53pm On Oct 04, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force Jaguar Jets
are they still in service??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 5:07am On Oct 05, 2017

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by horlams: 7:54am On Oct 05, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

found this grin

edit: WTF this video is 2 years old i thought FourTroop LTD was new to Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVcD7DDS3TI

I think that's the QRF. Check the arm patch.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:31am On Oct 05, 2017
Three American Soldiers Killed in Niger in Suspected Ambush

Three U.S. Army Special Forces soldiers were killed and two were wounded in Niger on Wednesday, in an ambush by suspected Islamic militants operating from Mali, multiple sources with knowledge of the incident told NBC News.

According to the sources, one Nigerien soldier was also killed in the attack.

The U.S. military did not confirm the deaths officially, but did acknowledge that a “hostile fire” incident involving U.S. troops had occurred.

“We are working to confirm details of the incident and will have more information as soon as we can confirm facts on the ground,” said a spokesperson for Africa Command, or AFRICOM. The military generally does not confirm nor identify American casualties until it has ensured that the deceased’s family members have been properly notified :read more https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/three-u-s-soldiers-killed-niger-suspected-ambush-n807821
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 9:30am On Oct 05, 2017
Change of command in the Namibian Navy

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 9:51am On Oct 05, 2017
Nicheey:

are they still in service??
No
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:07am On Oct 05, 2017
Paramount Group is having it good these days, their pilot training programme is expanding. They have added 4 Mirage F1s to their fleet of fighters.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Snyder1ZA: 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2017
newafricaken254:
Three American Soldiers Killed in Niger in Suspected Ambush

Three U.S. Army Special Forces soldiers were killed and two were wounded in Niger on Wednesday, in an ambush by suspected Islamic militants operating from Mali, multiple sources with knowledge of the incident told NBC News.

According to the sources, one Nigerien soldier was also killed in the attack.

The U.S. military did not confirm the deaths officially, but did acknowledge that a “hostile fire” incident involving U.S. troops had occurred.

“We are working to confirm details of the incident and will have more information as soon as we can confirm facts on the ground,” said a spokesperson for Africa Command, or AFRICOM. The military generally does not confirm nor identify American casualties until it has ensured that the deceased’s family members have been properly notified :read more https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/three-u-s-soldiers-killed-niger-suspected-ambush-n807821

Shiiiit happens when you try establish new colonial outpost under the disguise of AFRICOM, training and capacity building on african soil when in fact its just another extension of US Global Strike Policy.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Litmus: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
Snyder1ZA:

Shiiiit happens when you try establish new colonial outpost under the disguise of AFRICOM, training and capacity building on african soil when in fact its just another extension of US Global Strike Policy.

Men died.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
ViceAdmirlAgain:
Change of command in the Namibian Navy

I love the white used by these Namibian Navy, compared to the white used by our NN.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
Litmus:

Men died.
don't feed the troll

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Snyder1ZA: 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
Litmus:

Men died.

I only have sympathy for the Nigerien and others who were killed and injured in the attack, my sincere condolences to them but I have issue with the US and EU who act as if they are in support of goverments in there fight against terrorism but in reality its in there interest to keep certain parts of the continent in perpetual conflicts.

That's just my opinion

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Snyder1ZA: 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
newafricaken254:
don't feed the troll
Shut the fuccck up

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchimee(m): 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2017
Snyder1ZA:

I only have sympathy for the Nigerian and others who were killed and injured in the attack, my sincere condolences to them but I have issue with the US and EU who act as if they are in support of goverments in there fight against terrorism but in reality its in there interest to keep certain parts of the continent in perpetual conflicts.

That's just my opinion

Nigerien

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:18pm On Oct 05, 2017
Snyder1ZA:

I only have sympathy for the Nigerien and others who were killed and injured in the attack, my sincere condolences to them[b] but I have issue with the US and EU who act as if they are in support of goverments in there fight against terrorism but in reality its in there interest to keep certain parts of the continent in perpetual conflicts.
[/b]
That's just my opinion

Hear! Hear! If only more of us,especially on a forum like this were wiser.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
horlams:

I think that's the QRF. Check the arm patch.

with the restructuring going on in NAF it’s difficult to track these things, what we called QRF is probably under NAF special operations command now.
So the guys receiving the 6 months training from fourtroop LtD are probably descendants of those “QRF” that received it in 2015.

Odunayaw help out !

(1) (2) (3) ... (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) (1429) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.