Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1624) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5963077 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1621) (1622) (1623) (1624) (1625) (1626) (1627) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jkay187(m): 8:48am On Mar 27, 2018
lionel4power:
pretty cool though
39 in the world!!!
Congrats bro and all the best for the future.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:53am On Mar 27, 2018
Jkay187:

Congrats bro and all the best for the future.
coming from you?? it's appreciated �
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 9:08am On Mar 27, 2018
Not sure if these have been posted here before

Somali Special Commando Bn, Modelled on US Army rangers

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jkay187(m): 9:21am On Mar 27, 2018
lionel4power:
coming from you?? it's appreciated �
My critic of you was never out of hate.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 27, 2018
61mech:
Is it true that only SF are allowed for this course nowadays, because of the cost ?
We used to have guys in mechanised qualified for FAC. Very few to be fair.

For now, SF and Pathfinders. The current thinking is that until the budget improves, the SAAF will embed its FACs to combat units.
Personally, I suspect the current arrangement will slowly and quietly be institutionalised, even if the funds were available.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:57am On Mar 27, 2018
Jkay187:

My critic of you was never out of hate.
I know bro. .
I relaxed when I finally found out that nobody actually hated anybody here...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:58am On Mar 27, 2018
ViceAdmirlAgain:
Not sure if these have been posted here before

Somali Special Commando Bn, Modelled on US Army rangers

Gucci gang
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 27, 2018
grin grin grin

N boer maak 'n plan!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 27, 2018
61mech, when last did you see the Portuguese 60mm Patmor?
The Recce candidates still use them during the minor tactics phase of BTC.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 27, 2018
Apart from pre-94 photos, this could be the first time post-94 operational pics of the SA Pathfinders have been posted here. They were officially approved for social media and I shall abide by the conditions. So no details.

Though you all can determine it for yourselves wink.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2018
Problem with using the dustcover as a mount is that you lose your zero everytime you clean the weapon. Not so much of a problem if your just using nightvision, but if you're mounting an expensive acog you're not really getting all the accuracy out of the system. That's why the IMI Ace has a different locking system for the cover to better align it.
Just nitpicking here, but i'd buy some R-1 covers with rails from DS-Arms and issue them as DMR'r ,use red dot's on the R/5/6's
The R-5/6 is really a <300m weapon.

Frumentum:
grin grin grin

N boer maak 'n plan!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2018
We never used it at all. The Recces have a lot of captured stuff from Angola in their base at the Bluff. Not sure why they'd use that instead of the SA model with the bell sights.

Frumentum:
61mech, when last did you see the Portuguese 60mm Patmor?
The Recce candidates still use them during the minor tactics phase of BTC.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2018
2 more Proforce ARA MRAPs ready for delivery to the Nigerian army

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2018
Henry240:
2 more Proforce ARA MRAPs ready for delivery to the Nigerian army
We need more.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 27, 2018
61mech:
We never used it at all. The Recces have a lot of captured stuff from Angola in their base at the Bluff. Not sure why they'd use that instead of the SA model with the bell sights.

You mean your unit never used them? I know and that's not what I meant. Recces, 32Bat and I think Parabats in the early days used them.

The Recces and Parabats still use them for training together with the East Bloc captured stuff, to burn through the old stocks and to get the troopies proficient in operating without the modern accoutrements.

Speaking of which, where's andrewza to tell us when the Navy subs will be firing their old remaining torpedo stocks?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 27, 2018
- New Ara

- Old Ara

1) Whereas the old ARA MRAP has a demarcated windscreen, the new ARA MRAP has one large windscreen. This would improve driver's visibility and overall situational awareness.

2) The old ARA has 2 steps before the passenger/driver's door, while the new ARA MRAP only has one. This singularly improves ground clearance.

3) The exhaust pipe seems to have been moved again, or extra adjustments made.

Nigeria has built a pretty solid vehicle with the ARA MRAP, the design continues to undergo refinements, it's certainly looking to be a competitive vehicle with great prospects.

I just hope Nexter doesn't see the ARA MRAP as a threat to it's sale of Titus MRAPs in Africa.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 28, 2018
Nigerian Air Force Aerostar UAV

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 28, 2018
Nigerian Air Force Regiment

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 28, 2018
Nigerian Navy Leonardo A109e flying over NNS Okpabana F93.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:32am On Mar 28, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force Aerostar UAV
you should blur his face,don't want him getting in trouble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:36am On Mar 28, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force Regiment
use this site,just drop the picture where shown.then crop on the picture where you want to blur,using your mouse icon https://www.facepixelizer.com

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 28, 2018
newafricaken254:
you should blur his face,don't want him getting in trouble
Many thanks.

However, the photos are already publicly available. That's why i didn't bother to blur his face, besides he's a very popular drone pilot in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 8:11am On Mar 28, 2018
You'd be forgiven for thinking this pic was taken somewhere in the Eastern Block.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 8:19am On Mar 28, 2018
Are these still operational? I don't think I've personally ever seen one in the air.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 28, 2018
saengine:
Are these still operational? I don't think I've personally ever seen one in the air.

Commit a crime that requires the intervention of the STF and you'll find out! grin grin grin

There's very few of them left and they're used to transport STF snipers. They will snipe whilst still airborne if the situation demands it, as these fellows found to their eternal regret. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 28, 2018
Confirmed: in a month's time I'll be in a place with intermittent internet connection, for 3 months. From tomorrow I cycle to work to prepare for refresher training.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 28, 2018
Yak 130 , Algerian AF

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2018
Frumentum:
Confirmed: in a month's time I'll be in a place with intermittent internet connection, for 3 months. From tomorrow I cycle to work to prepare for refresher training.
Good luck mate

Mr Angel Rampele, General Manager of SA Army Foundation, with the Beni reconnaissance team.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
ViceAdmirlAgain:

Good luck mate

Mr Angel Rampele, General Manager of SA Army Foundation, with the Beni reconnaissance team.

Perhaps Frumentum can tell us who comprises this recon team. Some look like they mean business.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:38pm On Mar 28, 2018
Frumentum:
Apart from pre-94 photos, this could be the first time post-94 operational pics of the SA Pathfinders have been posted here. They were officially approved for social media and I shall abide by the conditions. So no details.

Though you all can determine it for yourselves wink.

That 2nd last pic is very interesting. Wood stock rifles are rarely seen in operation nowadays-difficult to maintain as they absorb moisture. The barrel looks like at least a .338 mag or larger-what is it?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gees9: 4:47pm On Mar 28, 2018
saengine:

Yes saw one over Centurion this afternoon. Oryx and 2 A109s not long after

(1) (2) (3) ... (1621) (1622) (1623) (1624) (1625) (1626) (1627) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: oyinpr(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.