Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1623) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5962672 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1620) (1621) (1622) (1623) (1624) (1625) (1626) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:54pm On Mar 24, 2018
frumentius:

Applies exactly to every lender out there. Not expecting you to answer for them, but why then do some dunderheads here vilify Western lending institutions?
After all, the IMF is a lender of last resort. Meaning you've fvcked up your economy so badly commercial banks won't touch you.

No such thing as a free lunch in this world, but then again here on Nairaland I've come across "people" bragging that their country is the 2nd largest African recipient of US aid. Not pride-inducing trade, but begging bowl aid. Bragging, FFS!
$700 million is peanut to us,the last time i checked our economy has never grown below 2 % like you knows whose dimwit.why did barclays when it wanted to leave africa,refuse to sell its assets to a kenya local bank(which by the way is the largest commercial bank in africa)our economy can survive without american handouts .compare to a failed state dreaming about the good all days of the yesteryears

Kenya tops in phone internet traffic globally

Kenya is leading globally in share of internet traffic coming from mobile phones overtaking Nigeria, which was at the top in 2017.

At 83 per cent, Kenya is now at the top, with Nigeria coming in second at 81 per cent.

This has been attributed to the country’s high level of smartphones penetration rate which recently surpassed the 40 million mobile subscriptions in 2017 and stands at 41 million (+3 per cent), with reach at 90.4 per cent of the adult population.

Other leading countries include India (79 per cent), Singapore (78 per cent), Ghana (75 per cent), Indonesia (72 per cent), South Africa (71 per cent), Thailand (69 per cent), Saudi Arabia (64 per cent), Turkey (62 per cent), China (61 per cent), UAE (61 per cent), Poland (59 per cent), Malaysia (57 per cent), and the rest of the world at 52 per cent.

A marketplace report by online shop named Jumia Mobile Week White Paper – 2018, shows that high mobile penetration has been driven by the entry of aggressive firms, such as Hong Kong-based Transsion Holdings.

Transsion is the largest smartphone company by sales in Africa, and also has a presence in India. Its brands include Tecno Mobile, Itel and infinix.

According to Jumia Kenya, Transsion continued to hold the top spot during the fourth quarter of 2017 in a report released by International Data Corporation (IDC) as the biggest smartphone and feature phone vendor in Kenya with a staggering 58 per cent and 63 per cent market share respectively by volume.

Whilst Tecno and Infinix dominate the smartphone segment, Tenco and Itel lead the feature phone segment.

Samsung has a 17 per cent market share by volume driven by its economically priced J-series.
link https://www.nation.co.ke/lifestyle/smartcompany/Kenya-tops-in-phone-internet-traffic-/1226-4349932-8delvb/index.html

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 7:07pm On Mar 24, 2018
Lol. The guy who stormed out in a tantrum full of tears a few weeks ago "don't reply to me, I'm logging out of this stupid forum, never coming back cry" is bringing back the same type of negativity that he claims to have left over. Interesting.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 24, 2018
Odunayaw:

"There shall be established and maintained by the Armed Forces an
Armed Forces Reserve (in this Act referred to as “the Reserve”) which
shall consist of such number of officers, warrant officers, noncommissioned officers, soldiers, ratings and aircraftmen who are
transferred to it on completion of their period of service in the Armed
Forces and in such other services as the President may prescribe."

culled from Armed forces act 2004
Cc: further expatiation please...
How is this relevant to my question?
To wit: "so few African countries..."
Meaning some, but not the great majority.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2018
Frumentum:

How is this relevant to my question?
To wit: "so few African countries..."
Meaning some, but not the great majority.
Probably I should have posted without quoting you
The question reminded me of a question I wanted to ask

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 24, 2018
saengine:
Lol. The guy who stormed out in a tantrum full of tears a few weeks ago "don't reply to me, I'm logging out of this stupid forum, never coming back cry" is bringing back the same type of negativity that he claims to have left over. Interesting.

Me, I'm just waiting to again be called a racist Afrikaner (never mind everyone here knows I'm of Scots and Portugues ancestry). I suppose you'll be called a self-hating black by the guy who delights in receiving aid.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2018
saengine:
kuma mamako,mkundu wewe
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2018
Odunayaw:
Probably I should have posted without quoting you
The question reminded me of a question I wanted to ask
No problem, mate.

My question remains though. Why are there so few countries in Africa with functional Reserve Forces?
Back in the day when so many countries had military dictatorships, I could understand it. If that's the same reasoning, what does it say about the depth of the "democracies"? And it can't be about economics - for example, Botswana has always been a democracy, has one of the highest per capita incomes in Africa, with a former soldier as president and has no reserve force of which to speak.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 7:50pm On Mar 24, 2018
Frumentum:

Me, I'm just waiting to again be called a racist Afrikaner (never mind everyone here knows I'm of Scots and Portugues ancestry). I suppose you'll be called a self-hating black by the guy who delights in receiving aid.

I just find it funny. Especially after how dramatic the exit was. Before I disappear for the night, you once posted (I think it was you) a pic of a 2 seat Gripen, with one of the passengers being of "non SAAF origin". Are you still allowed to post that pic, and a bit of info with it?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 24, 2018
saengine:

I just find it funny. Especially after how dramatic the exit was. Before I disappear for the night, you once posted (I think it was you) a pic of a 2 seat Gripen, with one of the passengers being of "non SAAF origin". Are you still allowed to post that pic, and a bit of info with it?

It was a Hawk carrying out ground CAS. And the passenger was under-going SF Advanced Course Training in Forward Air Control. And no, can't post it again as that's 1 of the pics that landed me in trouble.
@Mikeczar will be pleased to know SADC recruits are no longer allowed at SASFB courses beyond Selection.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 25, 2018
Tunisian Navy commando

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 25, 2018

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 25, 2018
Tunisian USGN national gard sf force

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 25, 2018
Tunisian Police SF

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:42am On Mar 25, 2018
frumentius:
No such thing as ex-Parabats! A platoon from 3 Parachute Battalion, Reserve Force conducting annual water jumps. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Brings up a question: why do so few African militaries have Reserve Forces of retired servicemen and women?

Potential parallel centres of organised violence,even if official make unstable leadership very very nervous. There is a Kenya reserve force,though.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 2:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
Frumentum:

It was a Hawk carrying out ground CAS. And the passenger was under-going SF Advanced Course Training in Forward Air Control. And no, can't post it again as that's 1 of the pics that landed me in trouble.
@Mikeczar will be pleased to know SADC recruits are no longer allowed at SASFB courses beyond Selection.
Yup, we are not in Europe.

A qualitative advantage or edge must be maintained not only in terms of technology or equipment.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
Tribute : In Honour of the Fallen.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
See how Dapchi girls were flown to Abuja on a C-130 Hercules, than my head clicked and I remember there was a time NAF acquired a B737-500, does anyone have any idea what happened to that plane

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
Frumentum:

There is no need to act immature. It is possible to have a forum where people can be civil to each other. Can we all try?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 8:47pm On Mar 25, 2018
saengine:
Like u dnt see ur kinsman throwing shade earlier.
U guys always finding it difficult to condemn each others but when it comes to mocking u re always united.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 5:38am On Mar 26, 2018
Kenya

The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) has begun an overhaul of the operations of units across the country.

Apart from massive transfers for Divisional Criminal Investigations officers and 700 other officers, the directorate is now targeting graduate police officers to join its newly formed Public Crime Advisory Team at the headquarters on Kiambu Road, Nairobi.

READ: Dreaded police Flying Squad to be reconstituted

The team, according to the Director of Criminal Investigations George Kinoti, will undergo local and international training to enable them deal with emerging crimes.

“We have had several squads that deal with armed robberies, special crimes, homicides and terrorism, but we need a proactive team to deal with cybercrime, human trafficking, misuse of ICT gadgets, banking fraud and corruption,” Mr Kinoti said.

“Crimes keep changing as technology advances, that’s why we need a competent team to deal with them,” he said.

APPRAISAL
On Thursday, Mr Kinoti recalled all graduates working under the DCI for interviews at the headquarters.

The graduates were tested by local and international detectives on forensics, ballistics, economic crimes and land fraud.

“The graduates were vetted to identify what units they would best fit in,” he said. https://www.nation.co.ke/news/DCI-targets-graduate-officers-for-new-crime-prevention-unit/1056-4357532-3royi9z/index.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 6:01am On Mar 26, 2018
QuietMynd:

Like u dnt see ur kinsman throwing shade earlier.
U guys always finding it difficult to condemn each others but when it comes to mocking u re always united.

I was laughing at the fact that accused "number 2" is even around to see that shade (i hate that word. Feel like it should solely be used by gossiping housewives wink)thrown, after his retirement. There are others who could have replied to accused "number 1". But anyway, not a big deal.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Phythondancer(f): 7:15am On Mar 26, 2018
jteku:
See how Dapchi girls were flown to Abuja on a C-130 Hercules, than my head clicked and I remember there was a time NAF acquired a B737-500, does anyone have any idea what happened to that plane
it once flew us for peace keeping 4 years ago. last I saw of it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by topgun98: 7:19am On Mar 26, 2018
jteku:

Rotting at the general aviation apron at abuja airport for the past three years.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 26, 2018
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE AIRLIFTS NIGERIAN ARMY, NAVY TROOPS IN SUPPORT OF ECOWAS MISSION IN GAMBIA

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) on, 25 March 2018, airlifted Nigerian Army (NA) and Nigerian Navy (NN) contingents to The Gambia in pursuance of the ongoing ECOWAS Mission in Gambia (ECOMIG). The troops who were airlifted by the NAF C-130 Hercules Aircraft included officers, soldiers and ratings from 351 Artillery Regiment NA as well as from the Special Boat Services of the NN. The troops and other equipment deployed for the operation were airlifted from the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport Abuja to Banjul in The Gambia. The NAF aircraft is also expected to recover home the Nigerian contingent that had completed their 6 months tour of duty in The Gambia as stipulated for troop’s rotation in the ECOMIG Operation.

It would be recalled that the NAF was the first to deploy to The Gambia in January 2017 as part of the standby force tasked by ECOWAS Heads of State to enforce the December 1, 2016 election mandate, which restored Adama Barrow as President. The NAF deployed 200 men and air assets comprising fighter jets, transport aircraft, light utility helicopters as well as Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) platforms. The NAF’s timely intervention served as deterrence to the former President Yahya Jammeh who then relinquished power on 21 January 2017 thus paving way for the restoration of democracy in the country.

OLATOKUNBO ADESANYA
Air Vice Marshal
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 26, 2018

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 26, 2018

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2018
Is it true that only SF are allowed for this course nowadays, because of the cost ?
We used to have guys in mechanised qualified for FAC. Very few to be fair.

MikeCZA:
Yup, we are not in Europe.

A qualitative advantage or edge must be maintained not only in terms of technology or equipment.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:34pm On Mar 26, 2018
pretty cool though

39 in the world!!!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 26, 2018
lionel4power:
pretty cool though

39 in the world!!!

Glad that your efforts are showing up

My best wishes for continued success.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
nemesis4u:

Glad that your efforts are showing up
My best wishes for continued success.
Thanks..
Someone needs to represent Africa.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:22am On Mar 27, 2018
lionel4power:
pretty cool though
39 in the world!!!
greater heights
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:01am On Mar 27, 2018
Odunayaw:
greater heights
Thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (1620) (1621) (1622) (1623) (1624) (1625) (1626) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.