Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5969171 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
kenya special forces during westgate mall terror attack

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
kenya airforce MI-171E

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2015
denisfidha:

Until we become relevant and respected as equals in this modern times (where technology and innovation determines who remains at the center stage and rule the world), these stories will only remain with us, Africa has to make its own new stroryline and stop living in the past of the great days.(we are the 2nd largest and 2nd most populous continent on earth yet we still dont have at least one permanent member at the UN security council up to date.

About that masaai knife, my dad keeps one below his car seat, he has been given multiple warnings by police not carry it but he has never stopped,my mum hates the knife, she once took it and hid it, I just enjoy the drama. the knife is more than 30years but have never worn off!

Uganda response team
i am not saying we go back to them days,i am just saying our forefathers were geniuses.when the europeans came they found them producing steel weapons,making copper and bronze head sculptures e.t.c i just want u to change this attitude only the white man can invent or make

African inventor makes first 3D printer from E-waste scrap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTGSsQhGyzo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
uganda troops on the hunt for Kony

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2015
i just saw that recent released video by boko haram,wasnt that CH-3 UCAV crash site ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
gottfried21:
Interesting article...
Along with a picture of A Nigerian Bigfoot MRAP...
nice propaganda. If there were nuclear weapons in the black market, we would have seen a mushroom cloud long ago.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2015
NIGERIAN COMMANDER FOR MULTI-NATIONAL JOINT TASK FORCE

Nigerian Major General Tukur Yusuf Buratai has been appointed the Force Commander of the Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF). He has assumed duties at the new Headquarters in N’Djamena, the Capital of Chad Republic. The reorganised MNJTF arrangement is in line with the decisions of member countries of the Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) which include Nigeria, Chad, Niger and Cameroun, with Benin Republic as a honorary member. The arrangement has the backing of partners in the fight against Boko Haram namely; France, the UK and the USA.

The MNJTF has now been sectionised into 3 Sectors to achieve more effect in its operations with one of the sectors Headquarters retained in Baga.

The MNJTF was formed as a result of the need by the LCBC member countries to pool their effort together in a bid to provide a common and coordinated solution to the security challenges in the Lake Chad Basin region, especially the security challenges posed by terrorists in the region and beyond. The MNJTF will work and collaborate with the forces of the member countries in the fight against terrorists.

Major General TY Buratai was a Director at the Defence Headquarters, Abuja before his new appointment. He had at various times served as the Commandant of the Nigerian Army School of Infantry and sometimes the Brigade Commander at 2 Brigade, Nigerian Army as well as Commander, Joint Task Force, Operation PULO SHIELD.

Oga Henry pardon me
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:21am On Jun 04, 2015
africaken:
whats wrong with us doing our own thing,the Sikhs have their turban

Because there are ways and means of doing it properly

What those blokes did in Russia was... well... horrible
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:52am On Jun 04, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 11:11am On Jun 04, 2015
africaken:
whats wrong with us doing our own thing,the Sikhs have their turban

Well, that's @patches for you. If it's not western styled, it doesn't make sense.

I wonder how someone can grow with such mentality.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 04, 2015
africaken:
i am not saying we go back to them days,i am just saying our forefathers were geniuses.when the europeans came they found them producing steel weapons,making copper and bronze head sculptures e.t.c i just want u to change this attitude only the white man can invent or make

On the contrary I don't have an attitude, I believe very strongly in African invention, and every-time I see government ignore a young mind who come up with brilliant inventions, my heart just bleeds with pain.

I just have a different view about we Africans, in my view, we seem to be satisfied with the small achievements we made in the past. Yes we might have made steel and metal, they(non-africans) used steel to make engines and steam to power trains and then later made electricity and powered cars.while we were satisfied with donkeys and horses for transport. the more important question is where are we now? what have we done with the steel weapons that some of us made? Mathematics and architecture was born in Egypt, where can you find the greatest architectural fetes moderm times? or the reas mahematicl and egeneering achievments? not Egypt. We shouldn't be satisfied with history. we have the resources to achieve great things, but we have to get serious and develop an appetite for new inventions

e.g.
Kenya Air-force which up to date, still boasts of an F-5 that rebuilt from scratch - something which Northrop had said it couldn't be done anywhere else outside of their main factory) https://nyambegagisesa./2015/04/10/how-kenya-air-force-set-history-by-repairing-jet-fighter-that-outside-factory/ its a very interesting story!

So they rebuilt it from scratch. A great achievement, but what has happened since then? the guy who built it was the best of his class while studying in USA. We have the knowledge required, by now we should have had an air-force engineering school dedicated to coming up with at-least a prototype of a low cost fighter that will satisfy the requirements our Air-force. But look a us, still dependent on foreign tech.

Am just passion for that achievement that will say. Yes we have arrived and we are ere take the word by storm, and nothing will stop us

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 12:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
stillchris:

Well, that's @patches for you. If it's not western styled, it doesn't make sense.

I wonder how someone can grow with such mentality.

I never said it has to be "western styled"

But if its a military parade, there is a way of doing it that demonstrates discipline and unity

The manner in which those men in Russia marched showed neither.

Side Note: Considering that the notion of a professional army is a western concept in its entirety, then surely one can only mimick it and attach ones own cultural flavor?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
Denel NTW20

Currently holds the 6th longest sniper kill (2,125 m in DRC)

Available in 20mm (the round with the blue in pic related) and 14.5mm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXLRYf9EV2Y

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 3:05pm On Jun 04, 2015
Patchesagain:
Denel NTW20

Dinosaur hunting rifle. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 4:16pm On Jun 04, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Rn6O4Prig
Namibian anti-piracy training with Brazilian marine corps

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
Patchesagain:
Denel NTW20

"A cannon in a rifle configuration" Pretty much sums up the NTW20 perfectly

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
nigerian hackers hack indonesia military website www.nairaland.com/2357389/indonesia-military-website-hacked-nigeria
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
lionel4power:
nigerian hackers hack indonesia military website www.nairaland.com/2357389/indonesia-military-website-hacked-nigeria
What so special about hacking a website which is solely used by civilians for information about their military? It just like hacking any other website.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
denisfidha:

On the contrary I don't have an attitude, I believe very strongly in African invention, and every-time I see government ignore a young mind who come up with brilliant inventions, my heart just bleeds with pain.

I just have a different view about we Africans, in my view, we seem to be satisfied with the small achievements we made in the past. Yes we might have made steel and metal, they(non-africans) used steel to make engines and steam to power trains and then later made electricity and powered cars.while we were satisfied with donkeys and horses for transport. the more important question is where are we now? what have we done with the steel weapons that some of us made? Mathematics and architecture was born in Egypt, where can you find the greatest architectural fetes moderm times? or the reas mahematicl and egeneering achievments? not Egypt. We shouldn't be satisfied with history. we have the resources to achieve great things, but we have to get serious and develop an appetite for new inventions

e.g.
Kenya Air-force which up to date, still boasts of an F-5 that rebuilt from scratch - something which Northrop had said it couldn't be done anywhere else outside of their main factory) https://nyambegagisesa./2015/04/10/how-kenya-air-force-set-history-by-repairing-jet-fighter-that-outside-factory/ its a very interesting story!

So they rebuilt it from scratch. A great achievement, but what has happened since then? the guy who built it was the best of his class while studying in USA. We have the knowledge required, by now we should have had an air-force engineering school dedicated to coming up with at-least a prototype of a low cost fighter that will satisfy the requirements our Air-force. But look a us, still dependent on foreign tech.

Am just passion for that achievement that will say. Yes we have arrived and we are ere take the word by storm, and nothing will stop us
i wish our military could revival itself and have the same zeal like our private sector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrYZqLCBPGo

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
kenya army MD 500 Defenders helicopter gunships ,the second last one is Anti-tank version, fitted with a mast-mounted sight, armed with TOW anti-tank missiles.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2015
Patchesagain:
Haters gunna hate

https://?v=totzfPN4hWQ

The vertical take off is now something to celebrate, while SU-27's hve been doin Cobra's for eons.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2015
SAAF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
Amisom

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nigeria COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2015
Amisom Nigerian Police.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nigeria military

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 05, 2015
kenya AMISON troops patrol gaduud which they capture during operation Indian ocean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RjoovjUCzc
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 05, 2015
Uganda AMISON troops engage ashabaab ,one casSpir is damaged by an I.E.D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23ohRpydXYI
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 05, 2015
past video of Uganda AMISON troops push to capture Barawe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYs3Mclpr3g
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 05, 2015
kenya army rangers in training

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 05, 2015
Rwanda Defence force Lt Chantal Karerangabo & Lt Meron Rugazora, RDF Heli pilots deployed in UNMISS south sudan

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 05, 2015
somali police rapid response team

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49