Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,027 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5971352 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
SANDF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
Sandf

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 11:01am On Dec 24, 2013
NA

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sambos994(m): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
^^^the last pic shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by hunter21(m): 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
yeah, is that a regular solgier or SF? it wud be nice if such knifes are being issued to regulars
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
That's a regular soldier. Honestly, there is nothing "wow" in that photo.

In other news, the navy officer is carrying an italian made berratta CX4 carbine.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
NA in Mali

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 1:31am On Jan 02, 2014
Tribute : Nigerian Air force Delfin Jets, trainer/air to ground Attack squadron. Retired around 1989. NAF MiG 21 jets in background

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
agaugust: Tribute : Nigerian Air force Delfin Jets, trainer/air to ground Attack squadron. Retired around 1989. NAF MiG 21 jets in background
nice pics my pops used to tell me lots of stories how he flew sorties with the alphas .word flowing form abuja is that NAF is about acquiring su-27 flankers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
DEATH MACHINE:
nice pics my pops used to tell me lots of stories how he flew sorties with the alphas .word flowing form abuja is that NAF is about acquiring su-27 flankers.

why not the SU-30 or J-10 if at all we must buy anything from outside?

In my opinion, we should put the money into our DICON and produce something locally.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
souldust:

why not the SU-30 or J-10 if at all we must buy anything from outside?

In my opinion, we should put the money into our DICON and produce something locally.
i agree with you ,but NAF needs to get serious platforms if this info is true.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2014
DEATH MACHINE:
su27 how true is this?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
scipher: su27 how true is this?
not so sure ,got the info frm an officer
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
DEATH MACHINE:

I truly do hope this news is true. Nigeria requires a capable air-superiority fighter. It is shameful that we are flying F-7's in 2014. Even-though the F-7's were supposed to be a stop-gap measure, but since 2007, e don tey now.

Anyway, the goodnews from the 2012 budget is, we are going to get 6 of the latest variants of the MI-35. The MI-35M is the most advanced MI-35, way more advanced than the P variant we currently fly. That's good news.

From the acquisitions from last year, we are sure to have 9 new MI-35's in total and 6 MI-17's.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 09, 2014
DEATH MACHINE:
i agree with you ,but NAF needs to get serious platforms if this info is true.

NAF is in dire need of platforms for counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency operations I tell you.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 09, 2014
souldust:

We cannot just do that. We sadly do not have the expertise to build and the NAF cannot fund a programme to develop a fighter. It is very cost intensive. The best path is through a nigerian owned private company or a PPP between the NAF and a private sector partner.

It is imperative at the moment we continue to build on our GULMA achievements, and continue to increase the range and altitude of the drones. The GULMA is a great leap taken. Infact when compared side by side with the south-african made "hungwe" drone, the GULMA based on statistics seen is the better of the two. In my opinion the best MALE ISR drone made in africa.

We must also not forget that our engineers from OLE also over-hauled and fixed the grounded areostar drones when the isrealis were busy asking for outrageous amounts to fix the drones.

Again in my own opinion, we have made 6 drones in total.

Congrats NAF!!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 09, 2014
Henry120:

I truly do hope this news is true. Nigeria requires a capable air-superiority fighter. It is shameful that we are flying F-7's in 2014. Even-though the F-7's were supposed to be a stop-gap measure, but since 2007, e don tey now.

Anyway, the goodnews from the 2012 budget is, we are going to get 6 of the latest variants of the MI-35. The MI-35M is the most advanced MI-35, way more advanced than the P variant we currently fly. That's good news.

From the acquisitions from last year, we are sure to have 9 new MI-35's in total and 6 MI-17's.
yea some of my coursemates in NAF are in Russia now .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
it took america 4bn dollar or there about to research the F-22. I do not think it would take that much for us to research something different that can adapt to our unique terrain, economy (maintanance) and weather. We can do it for a period of time. It could take 15-20 years. If we invest 1bn dollar into the project in 20years, that would mean 50million dollar every year. Thats not too much for the Fed. Rep of Nigeria, is it?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
DEATH MACHINE:
yea some of my coursemates in NAF are in Russia now .

@DEATH MACHINE. Can you confirm that your course mates are being trained as pilots for the helos in Russia or a different trade?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
Nigerian special forces operational imagery

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2014
Nigerian navy's desert counter-terrorism/ counter-insurgency

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nigeria27: 12:30am On Jan 11, 2014
Henry120: Nigerian navy's desert counter-terrorism/ counter-insurgency

nigerian navy ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 28, 2014
My Best thread!!! All the pics collection! Funk this!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 28, 2014
Nigerian navy, western naval command apapa

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
Photo-credits siriusblack

Nigerian army MRAP
Nigerian army Streit MK III
Nigerian made Igirirgi APC (photo 4)

Nigeria purchased between 120-150 "Big Foot" MRAPs from china.

The chinese would also soon commence local production of Armoured personnel carriers in nigeria.

ARZA Armouring a local nigerian company in partnership with a german firm have began operations in nigeria.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2014
Nigerian airforce

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 28, 2014
Henry, thank you. I pray the nairaland attacker will change from his wicked ways. Keep em coming bro...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2014
thisisayus: Henry, thank you. I pray the nairaland attacker will change from his wicked ways. Keep em coming bro...

No matter the amount of attacks we receive on nairaland.com, as nairaland is able to recover and return to operations, I would keep posting photos, as long as photo are released.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by onumaegbuikenna: 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2014
My donation to the thread

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by onumaegbuikenna: 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2014
Nigerian civil war

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.