Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,616 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5972157 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 24, 2015
uganda SU-30 MKI jet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 25, 2015
africaken:
uganda SU-30 MKI jet

What a beautiful plane the SU-30 is!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2015
President Kenyatta's Convoy leaving a hotel in Boston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCxu-SBn20g
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
UN cargo at the port of Mombasa (from India) destined for DRC Congo - Hey guys, did you know that the amount of minerals worth in DRC-Congo ($24 trillion) is worth more than the GDP of the US (16.77 trillion USD) or the EU (US$18.495 trillion).
Its a shame really, I don't even wanna imagine what they could be

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2015
denisfidha:
UN cargo at the port of Mombasa (from India) destined for DRC Congo - Hey guys, did you know that the amount of minerals worth in DRC-Congo ($24 trillion) is worth more than the GDP of the US (16.77 trillion USD) or the EU (US$18.495 trillion).
Its a shame really, I don't even wanna imagine what they could be

That's why they ( the west and east ), want the DRC to be in a perpetual state of war.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 25, 2015
Henry120:

That's why they ( the west and east ), want the DRC to be in a perpetual state of war.
I dont think they will recover unless we (Africa) take charge of the peace process and those phony multinationals and big coporations that have too much to loose -the people of DRC have been at it for so long, I don't think they know how to be peaceful anymore.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2015
Jordan donates Ambulance to Kenya as a sign of commitment as they sign for more corporation on defense matters and technical assistance in defense industry

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2015
Nigerian Navy SBS

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
Henry120:

What a beautiful plane the SU-30 is!
this is a Kazakhstan SU-27 upgraded with a israel avionics,mounted externally with a LITENING targeting pod and russian KAB-500L laser guided bomb.most of russian latest generation fighter bombers can use Israel made targeting pods

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
africaken:
this is a Kazakhstan SU-27 upgraded with a israel avionics,mounted externally with a LITENING targeting pod and russian KAB-500L laser guided bomb.most of russian latest generation fighter bombers can use Israel made targeting pods

That's a similar offer that was presented to the Nigerian Air Force, not with the SU-27, but with Frogfoots. 6 SU-25s upgraded to UKN standards by Elbit.

Deal was scuttled though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2015
Henry120:

are we now going to say they give us guns so we can kill each other as commonly we hear! the true problems of africa are pure because poor governs by political elite class, just like chiefs and kings before who sold there fellow african for shiny objects.this same elite are doing the same amassing wealth which is hidden in foreign while their countrymen remain poor.if we never learn and stop this blame game,everyone is going to use us
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 25, 2015
Angola SU-27 and Uganda SU-30

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sveen: 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
africaken:
Angola SU-27 and Uganda SU-30
Does Nigeria have a fighter plane or Jets?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2015
Not relevant
Russian su30sm deployed to Syria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2015
Prez Mahama inaugurates helicopters to patrol Ghana gas infrastructure

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
Obostone:
Prez Mahama inaugurates helicopters to patrol Ghana gas infrastructure
Beautiful photos.

That's a Z-9 Harbin.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
Yes 4 Z-9 helicopters from China. On the pipeline, 5 Super Tucano aircrafts for training and for assault missions from Brazil, additional M-17 helicopters from Russia and a CASA 295 Plane from Air Bus Military of Spain.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2015
gh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 26, 2015
AMISOM ACOTA Force HQ Training Class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qLYE0HDwHs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 7:32am On Sep 26, 2015
Nigeria COIN
Not sure whether this picture has been posted before

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 26, 2015
Kenya soldier

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 26, 2015
i just saw a video of the attack on an AMISOM camp in leego,the attack started at night .a few hours before dawn with a suicide car bomb.i salute those boys they fought vehemently but were over matched by the alshabaab who had even vehicle mounted with ZSU-23-2 and Dshk.That attack went on even in the daylight but they were all hunted down and killed.my question is where were the american drones,AMISOM air support re enforcement ? i doubt there is any intelligence gathering capability being provided to those gallant soldiers in somalia
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:26am On Sep 26, 2015
africaken:
i just saw a video of the attack on an AMISOM camp in leego,the attack started at night .a few hours before dawn with a suicide car bomb.i salute those boys they fought vehemently but were over matched by the alshabaab who had even vehicle mounted with ZSU-23-2 and Dshk.That attack went on even in the daylight but they were all hunted down and killed.my question is where were the american drones,AMISOM air support re enforcement ? i doubt there is any intelligence gathering capability being provided to those gallant soldiers in somalia

links pls - i wanna see
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
patches689:

links pls - i wanna see
some alshabaab fanatic idiot posted it on #alshabaab ,may be you find it but i think twitter must have removed it by now
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2015
KDF participates in Fire Support Seminar at Camp Lemonnier

kenyan Defense Forces (KDF) partners completed a Forward Observer Exchange to share best practices and discuss opportunities for tactics improvement of KDF fire support, artillery and mortar capabilities, recently. The seminar was hosted by the 1-77AR, 1st Armored Division stationed at Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti.

KDF participants included a mixture of officer and enlisted forward observers and artillery instructors.

Some of the seminar topics discussed and best practices shared included: the role and responsibilities of the forward observer on the battlefield; equipment familiarization; and target types and target acquisition. The KDF and CJTF-HOA soldiers also conducted exercises in fire support coordination measures, air-to-ground communication, close air support and close combat attack scenarios; and hands-on activities included a call for fire simulator and work with charts and maps.

Major Said Mwadebwe Moyo, Artillery Instructor, KDF, said this event was greatly beneficial to both the KDF and CJTF-HOA participants.
http://www.hoa.africom.mil/story/18137/kdf-participates-in-fire-support-seminar-at-camp-lemonnier

U.S. Army Soldiers with the 1-77AR, 1st Armored Division share with Instructors from Kenyan Artillery School, Kenyan Defense Force, their best fire support, planning, and implementation of field artillery on Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Aug. 27, 2015. (U.S Air Force photo taken by Senior Airman Alexandra Minor)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2015
KDF Muslim soldiers in Somalia yesterday joined the rest of the world in observing Eid al Adha

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
i can see some of the up armour Humvee KDF received from america government ,why is it KDF mounts FN MAG on their cupola rather than something with a 12.7 mm !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXFoE5ZzXyQ

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 26, 2015
denisfidha:
I dont think they will recover unless we (Africa) take charge of the peace process and those phony multinationals and big coporations that have too much to loose -the people of DRC have been at it for so long, I don't think they know how to be peaceful anymore.

now, when you say Africa should take over the peace process, the question i would ask is: who will lead that kind of peace process? Military operations around the world under the auspices of some multilateral organizations are always lead by a particular country as the coordinator. So in this case you are proposing, who will spear-head it?

The countries that will come to mind are probably South Africa and Nigeria and maybe, some other East African countries. But just like the western countries, these African countries also have their personal interests. Remember that we now live in an Africa where the same spirit of pan african solidarity, that existed among our independence and a little bit post independence leaders, is now lost; and there is now a kind of subtle rivalry going on among the countries.

With this in mind, don't you think such an African intervention would be a bit difficult to put together in the first place? And if it does go through, don't you think when the peace is won, the different countries (the bigger ones) would begin to want to eat the 'gains' of their sweat? And that could result in probably a partitioning of the country just like Germany before the fall of the Berlin wall but this time, it is not goin to be along the lines of ideology, but vain big-boy superiority. How exactly that would turn out for the DRC itself and its people, is what i cannot tell. It could go either way, ood or bad.

But all the same, i believe an African led peace initiative will be the best for the DRC. Although, current African leaders and their countries are begining to be become selfish, we still somewhere and somehow, hold this pan African brotherhood attitude to look out for the ood of the other countries. I know Nigeria still has this somewhere in her psyche.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 27, 2015
craziebone:

now, when you say Africa should take over the peace process, the question i would ask is: who will lead that kind of peace process? Military operations around the world under the auspices of some multilateral organizations are always lead by a particular country as the coordinator. So in this case you are proposing, who will spear-head it?

The countries that will come to mind are probably South Africa and Nigeria and maybe, some other East African countries. But just like the western countries, these African countries also have their personal interests. Remember that we now live in an Africa where the same spirit of pan african solidarity, that existed among our independence and a little bit post independence leaders, is now lost; and there is now a kind of subtle rivalry going on among the countries.

With this in mind, don't you think such an African intervention would be a bit difficult to put together in the first place? And if it does go through, don't you think when the peace is won, the different countries (the bigger ones) would begin to want to eat the 'gains' of their sweat? And that could result in probably a partitioning of the country just like Germany before the fall of the Berlin wall but this time, it is not goin to be along the lines of ideology, but vain big-boy superiority. How exactly that would turn out for the DRC itself and its people, is what i cannot tell. It could go either way, ood or bad.

But all the same, i believe an African led peace initiative will be the best for the DRC. Although, current African leaders and their countries are begining to be become selfish, we still somewhere and somehow, hold this pan African brotherhood attitude to look out for the ood of the other countries. I know Nigeria still has this somewhere in her psyche.
majority of us can't even protect our own borders let alone intervene next door neighbour and even so we need funding from foreign donors which most of the time its the west(70% of africa union budget comes from the west)uganda involvement in south sudan was a percentage catered for by kiir government .what i believe we should do is help build strong government institutions in countries like DRC,south sudan,somalia e.t.c only by doing that will we a transformation in africa
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 27, 2015
denisfidha:
Jordan donates Ambulance to Kenya as a sign of commitment as they sign for more corporation on defense matters and technical assistance in defense industry
this is what a country preparing for eventual encounter with ISIS in their country looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmNQoxDt-OM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 27, 2015
craziebone:

I think it's only south Africa that has companies (by virtue of having vast mineral resources) that would cause them to have vested interest in DRC to get their companies a piece odds the pie... the rest of Africa will probably just want to get in the trade part after the mineral is extracted, that can't happen if DRC will be in constant power plays by locals....

but all said, I think DRC has a better chance of returning to sanity if the peace process was led by Africans, (if there is a greedy African country, it will be kept in check by others) it's been more than a decade and there is no peace in DRC, how comes? why only the central African region that has never seen constant peace? something must be wrong, it's not like they are jihadist who believe in an ideology that never fades.... this is just purely about money and greed, and someone must be holding all the cards somewhere.... before the new peace process, there should be a declaration that no multinational would be allowed to extract untill the mission is complete

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.