Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5949368 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2015
Lezzlie:
ACIRC is a futile duplicity of a more powerful, better resourced structure in the ASF, which has a near unanimous support from both AU and the EU.

Besides, even Zuma admits ACIRC is a stopgap and interim.

We understand Zuma wants desperately to leave a better image and reputation, aside the fact that South Africa is ever desperate for diplomatic relevance.

We see right through it.
Check SA's influence in its region then compare that with other regional powers.

Also check conflicts within those regions.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
Right, can the idi0ts on a penile-measurement contest please move elsewhere please?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
Exercise Oxide 2015: SA Navy & French Navy, SAAF, SA & French Special Forces

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
Nigerian Navy SBS commandos

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 29, 2015

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2015
UN mission in Mali

Niger troops

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2015
More Exercise Oxide 2015: my ultimate boss (love military hierarchy!), Lt Gen Mgwebi, Chief of Joint Operations.

A prize for the non-Saffer who knows the significance of his boot colour (Namibians can not enter!).

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
SANDF

credit to Celeste Klopper Photography

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
China deploys troops n assets to help syria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 30, 2015
ViceAdmiral:
SANDF

Oy mate! where'd you get that pic?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 30, 2015
IbnSultaan:
China deploys troops n assets to help syria

And this is here because...?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 30, 2015

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:09am On Sep 30, 2015
agaugust:

1. Your source proves that South Africa did NOT invent FIB, it was a UN idea.

2. Okay, but next time don't mix equipment list of ACRIC into a talk about FIB, your lack of clear distinction created confusion.

Please improve on your communication skills.....and don't tell lies again that South Africa invented Congo FIB. Thanks

1. Read the source

2. My distinction between the two was very clear - no one else struggled to understand the post

Please, if you want to respond to me then read my posts and read the links i post
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:04am On Sep 30, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:46am On Sep 30, 2015
frumentius:
More Exercise Oxide 2015: my ultimate boss (love military hierarchy!), Lt Gen Mgwebi, Chief of Joint Operations.

A prize for the non-Saffer who knows the significance of his boot colour (Namibians can not enter!).
Qualified operator.

He gets more respect than the "devil".

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 30, 2015
ViceAdmiral:
SANDF

These set of photographs are amongst the coolest I've seen this year.

Thanks for posting man.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 30, 2015
Nigeria COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 9:20am On Sep 30, 2015
Patchesagain:

The African Capacity for Immediate Response to Crises (ACIRC), a temporary standby force capable of responding quickly to crisis situations in Africa, is expected to be operational by October, South African President Jacob Zuma said at the conclusion of his working visit to Malabo, Equatorial Guinea on Thursday.

The ACIRC will serve as an interim measure ahead of the establishment of a permanent African Standby Force, which was originally expected to be operational by 2015. Zuma proposed the concept of the ACIRC at last year's African Union (AU) summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where the proposal was endorsed.

http://www.southafrica.info/news/international/au-270614.htm#.VgqjuHqqqko#ixzz3n8g95ofl

ACRIC exists only because ASF does not and has the majority support of the AU.

Bah told delegates the African Capacity for Immediate Response to Crises (ACIRC) would become part of the ASF. This means ACIRC, which SA Army Chief Lieutenant General Vusi Masondo said would be operational this month, effectively has a shelf life of six months if the December 2015 deadline for operationalisation is adhered to.

-DefenceWeb

Now that you understand what ACRIC is, and how its fits into the ASF you can feel free to stop de-railing this thread.

My apologies to other forum members for engaging with the (self-proclaimed) troll.

nice pics. Are your C130s medium transport or heavy lift in your airforce doctrine?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2015
overhypedsteve:
nice pics. Are your C130s medium transport or heavy lift in your airforce doctrine?

Doctrine is irrelevant

They are medium lift for everyone
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 30, 2015
Patchesagain:

Doctrine is irrelevant

Not entirely correct.

It all depends on the size of C-130s each country operates. The Stretch variants the Nigerian Air Force operate are classified as heavy lift, while the normal sized C-130 and G-222 are classified as medium lift.

Exact same manner some navies classify their MPVs and IPVs interchangeably.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 11:37am On Sep 30, 2015
Henry120:

Not entirely correct.

It all depends on the size of C-130s each country operates. The Stretch variants the Nigerian Air Force operate are classified as heavy lift, while the normal sized C-130 and G-222 are classified as medium lift.

Exact same manner some navies classify their MPVs and IPVs interchangeably.

stretched variants have only got more space, not more lift tonnage

C-17 with 77,519 kg of payload is "heavy", the C130 with only 20,400 kg of payload is not.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 30, 2015
Patchesagain:

stretched variants have only got more space, not more lift tonnage

C-17 with 77,519 kg of payload is "heavy", the C130 with only 20,400 kg of payload is not.

Again vehicles are classified based on each country's individual doctrine. There actually isn't a clear universal classification of vehicles. This is the same thing we see with MPVs, IPV and SDBs.

Stretched variants have more tonnage than normal sized. Variants.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 11:58am On Sep 30, 2015
Henry120:

Again vehicles are classified based on each country's individual doctrine. There actually isn't a clear universal classification of vehicles. This is the same thing we see with MPVs, IPV and SDBs.

Stretched variants have more tonnage than normal sized. Variants.

First off, the stretched variants - according to the reading I have done dont have more tonnage only a bigger internal volume. Afterall, they have the same engines and a heavyer fuselage.

I question the logic of a doctrine that names something a heavy lift when it quite frankly is not.

The only time countries "miss-name" something is for political considerations, such as Japans new "destroyer" (actually a flat-top which is banned) or Korea's "destroyer" (actually a cruiser, which under US Defence policy would mean no AEGIS allowed), or Russias "cruiser" (actually a carrier - called a "cruiser" because the Turks wont allow carriers through the bosphorus) or Germanys new "frigate" (actually a Destroyer - but Destroyers are too "aggressive"wink etc etc etc

If you were trying to say that they were classed as strategic lift v tactical lift then yes, that is a question of doctrine. But heavy v medium is a question largely of fact or other non-military considerations.

Anyway, I am tired of arguing on this thread... its not why i am here... lets just agree to disagree?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
Patchesagain:

Doctrine is irrelevant

the stretch variant according to Henry is heavy lift for NAF and I believe that is the role it serves here.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2015
Patchesagain:

First off, the stretched variants - according to the reading I have done dont have more tonnage only a bigger internal volume. Afterall, they have the same engines and a heavyer fuselage.

I question the logic of a doctrine that names something a heavy lift when it quite frankly is not.

The only time countries "miss-name" something is for political considerations, such as Japans new "destroyer" (actually a flat-top which is banned) or Korea's "destroyer" (actually a cruiser, which under US Defence policy would mean no AEGIS allowed), or Russias "cruiser" (actually a carrier - called a "cruiser" because the Turks wont allow carriers through the bosphorus) or Germanys new "frigate" (actually a Destroyer - but Destroyers are too "aggressive"wink etc etc etc

If you were trying to say that they were classed as strategic lift v tactical lift then yes, that is a question of doctrine. But heavy v medium is a question largely of fact or other non-military considerations.

Anyway, I am tired of arguing on this thread... its not why i am here... lets just agree to disagree?

I really don't know if you just want to make a case out of this simple thing, Henry already gave you the best reply. Argentina consider there meko 360 a destroyer while we consider ours a Frigate. Is that political as well?

Secondly, you don't even know what a strategic lift is and what a tactical lift is. There role, size, range, speed and payload is completely different and a C-130 cannot be referred to as a strategic lift. It is plainly a tactical lift.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
iblawi:

I really don't know if you just want to make a case out of this simple thing, Henry already gave you the best reply. Argentina consider there meko 360 a destroyer while we consider ours a Frigate. Is that political as well?
Secondly, you don't even know what a strategic lift is and what a tactical lift is. There role, size, range, speed and payload is completely different and a C-130 cannot be referred to as a strategic lift. It is plainly a tactical lift.
https://www.nairaland.com/1962290/african-militaries-strictly-discussions-thread/6#38534881

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 6:45am On Oct 01, 2015

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 11:57am On Oct 01, 2015
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity, and uphold her honour and glory
So help me God.

Happy 55th Independence Anniversary!!!

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 02, 2015
Nigeria Random

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 02, 2015
How Kenya lost track of its road to Modernization for police and internal security due to greed and grand corruption, since then, we have never recovered, only 3 Items in list were delivered, for the rest of the money, half dissapeared into dummy companies, and the other half is still sitting in frozen Swiss bank accounts.. I feel like punching someone now, especially that satellite for NIS- Intelligence Service

The payment structures often seemed designed to avoid parliamentary scrutiny, eg with only the initial commitment fee being charged to the department commissioning the project, and other payments being deferred to subsequent financial years and charged to the consolidated fund, thereby reducing the likelihood of examination.
damn these guys!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
Namibia

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.