Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5951366 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2544) (2545) (2546) (2547) (2548) (2549) (2550) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Subsaharan: 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2022
kabe1:

grin grin grin grin grin
What a raving lunatic.
But these mob actions no good na? Haba.
Make una let the man be
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:15pm On Jun 07, 2022
Subsaharan:

Make una let the man be
You for de like to follow matter from beginning

One person dropped one of his misleading posts here, of which it was debunked. If guys weren't on hand to do that, Jah alone knows the extent that fib will have gone

Fake news is venomous. As i de sef, i don tire to de treat symptoms. It remains reporting his posts as fake to Twitter

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Subsaharan: 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2022
Odunayaw:
You for de like to follow matter from beginning

One person dropped one of his misleading posts here, of which it was debunked. If guys weren't on hand to do that, Jah alone knows the extent that fib will have gone

Fake news is venomous. As i de sef, i don tire to de treat symptoms. It remains reporting his posts as fake to Twitter

I agree that a lot of his assertions are imaginative.

But you can't fault the man for being an artist.

Make peace reign abeg

P.S - The disclaimers are good, now everyone knows to take his assertions with a pinch of salt.

The last one that lead to this recent run, he posted himself
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2022
Subsaharan:

Make una let the man be

That individual has a very active imagination. He has successfully grown a large following on twitter through deception, illogical propaganda and the incessant spread of Fake news.

It is crucial that Nigerians, like myself and others here, continue to call out his fake news. We already have a negative perception, it makes things worse to have an individual on the loose fuel that perception even more.

That's what's at stake here.

So, NO!!! we cannot let his ridiculous fake news fly.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2022
Nigerian and French Navy hydrographic teams train together in Lagos, Nigeria.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Subsaharan: 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2022
kabe1:

That individual has a very active imagination. He has successfully grown a large following on twitter through deception, illogical propaganda and the incessant spread of Fake news.

It is crucial that Nigerians, like myself and others here, continue to call out his fake news. We already have a negative perception, it makes things worse to have an individual on the loose fuel that perception even more.

That's what's at stake here.

So, NO!!! we cannot let his ridiculous fake news fly.

Ehn, no wahala. But let's put out disclaimers without the usual lacing with insults abeg
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2022
Subsaharan:

Ehn, no wahala. But let's put out disclaimers without the usual lacing with insults abeg

I agree with this.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG09Bo3uvAw

Inside Nigeria's Kidnapping for Ransom Crisis
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2022
Subsaharan:

I agree that a lot of his assertions are imaginative.

But you can't fault the man for being an artist.

Make peace reign abeg

P.S - The disclaimers are good, now everyone knows to take his assertions with a pinch of salt.

The last one that lead to this recent run, he posted himself
Newsmen have no business with artistry bro

If it were in his Twitter bio; "I pull out defence news from my imagination". It'd have been better

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2022
Subsaharan:

AGREED

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2022
Toju200:
See una brother grin

Does he have a problem with us? He must raise his hand, we wanna deal with him accordingly grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2022
GreenandGold:

Does he have a problem with us? He must raise his hand, we wanna deal with him accordingly grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2022
I tell you, he's referring to the 40-year-old virgin, Corvet1 AKA Augustin Agububu grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:44pm On Jun 07, 2022
Toju200:
See una brother grin
what's he's nairaland moniker?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2022
jl115:
what's he's nairaland moniker?
SSBN or something like that. I suspect also Covert1 aka Augubugub.
The fantastical delusions and overblown sense of self bear all the hallmarks.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 3:01am On Jun 08, 2022
Pres Ramaphosa's visit to Cabo Delgado in February.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:16am On Jun 08, 2022

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:26am On Jun 08, 2022
Is the KA-52 Alligator, the world's best Attack Helicopter?

Since the start of the Russian invasion, 3 months ago, 10 KA-52 Alligator Attack Helicopters have been destroyed in Ukraine. Considering the intensity of which they have been used in this conflict, including areas of employment and aircraft availability.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:01am On Jun 08, 2022
kabe1:

Since the start of the Russian invasion, 3 months ago, 10 KA-52 Alligator Attack Helicopters have been destroyed in Ukraine. Considering the intensity of which they have been used in this conflict, including areas of employment and aircraft availability.
who considered it the best in the world??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:27am On Jun 08, 2022
jl115:
who considered it the best in the world??

Giving the environment the helicopter is operating in. SAM systems faced, and the quality of the adversary faced.

Also considering the Russians are fighting against the entire NATO infrastructure: intelligence, satellites, communications, military equipment, counter-battery systems, electronic warfare systems

These are my parameters.

Saudi Arabia has lost 10 Apache helicopters in Yemen operating against militants.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:49am On Jun 08, 2022
Today a look at cost implications. Everybody wants to be a sniper! Every poster secretly dreams of shooting bad guys as easily as a gamer-not quite so easy in real life but lets start with the price. The Barret M 82 A 1,the grandaddy of .50s starts at 9000+ $. Accuracy International .338 lapua magnum begins at 10000$ new.
Ofc,bulk buys or can reduce the price but assume these as baseline.

Estimated New and Used Values for a Accuracy International AX338

Values are based on a basic model with no options or colors.

Condition Trade-In Private Party Dealer
New In box $7,181.95 $9,391.78 $11,049.15
https://www.guncritic.com/product/accuracy-international-ax338/

Once you have the gun you need the glass which can cost 50% of the platform price! You'd be lucky to pay 1500$ but twice is possible,especially with the German Schmidt & Bender or Leupolds which can reach 5000 $. The ammo is another cost-you'll be shooting match grade not normal bullets. .50 BMG match starts at 5 $ a pop wholesale with .338 lap mag twice that. Rmbr,a sniper will shoot thousands of rounds yearly to attain and retain his skill.
Which is why we NEVER see Barrets at the platoon level even with the USMC!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:26am On Jun 08, 2022
kabe1:

Giving the environment the helicopter is operating in. SAM systems faced, and the quality of the adversary faced.

Also considering the Russians are fighting against the entire NATO infrastructure: intelligence, satellites, communications, military equipment, counter-battery systems, electronic warfare systems

These are my parameters.

Saudi Arabia has lost 10 Apache helicopters in Yemen operating against militants.
One thing you haven factored in is competency....something the Saudies severely lack.

imo the Ka52 is not even the best AH in Russia, that would be the Mi28 -, simpler, less complex(more reliable) , better protected, better service ceiling, better climb , and considering they have more or less the same combat suites its a no brainer.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:49am On Jun 08, 2022
jl115:
One thing you haven factored in is competency....something the Saudies severely lack.

imo the Ka52 is not even the best AH in Russia, that would be the Mi28 -, simpler, less complex(more reliable) , better protected, better service ceiling, better climb , and considering they have more or less the same combat suites its a no brainer.

The conflict which the Russian military is currently involved in is as intense as it gets. Giving the sorties conducted by the KA-52 in combat operations, definitely the helicopter has cemented itself as the best in the world in my opinion.

There has never been any helicopter in history of warfare that has been involved in such a complex war environment.

Before you start calling Saudi incompetence, you need to also remember the US army also lost a Black Hawk helicopter in Yemen. Is this also down to US military incompetence?

What I've also seen in this conflict is, manufacturer released specifications almost entirely come to nothing when actual combat begins.

A good example is the TB-2 UCAVs in this conflict.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:08pm On Jun 08, 2022
kabe1:

We don't know much about the helicopter, we just know that Russians are terrible at using their equipment. To be honest, they should not have lost more than 2 of their prestigious AH without realising that they needed to change strategy. I mean the SADF boys shot down a Soviet Hind straight from military college without any missile or prior experience, do you know why? Soviet doctrines.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:15pm On Jun 08, 2022
kikuyu1:
Today a look at cost implications. Everybody wants to be a sniper! Every poster secretly dreams of shooting bad guys as easily as a gamer-not quite so easy in real life but lets start with the price. The Barret M 82 A 1,the grandaddy of .50s starts at 9000+ $. Accuracy International .338 lapua magnum begins at 10000$ new.
Ofc,bulk buys or can reduce the price but assume these as baseline.

https://www.guncritic.com/product/accuracy-international-ax338/

Once you have the gun you need the glass which can cost 50% of the platform price! You'd be lucky to pay 1500$ but twice is possible,especially with the German Schmidt & Bender or Leupolds which can reach 5000 $. The ammo is another cost-you'll be shooting match grade not normal bullets. .50 BMG match starts at 5 $ a pop wholesale with .338 lap mag twice that. Rmbr,a sniper will shoot thousands of rounds yearly to attain and retain his skill.
Which is why we NEVER see Barrets at the platoon level even with the USMC!

Truvelo CMS Sniper Rifle, same capabilities without the price tag wink

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2022
GreenandGold:

We don't know much about the helicopter, we just know that Russians are terrible at using their equipment. To be honest, they should not have lost more than 2 of their prestigious AH without realising that they needed to change strategy. I mean the SADF boys shot down a Soviet Hind straight from military college without any missile or prior experience, do you know why? Soviet doctrines.

We are talking from performance we have seen of the AH in a contested environment.

The claim that the Russians should not have lost more than 2 units cannot be logically proven.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 12:32pm On Jun 08, 2022
kabe1:

We are talking from performance we have seen of the AH in a contested environment.

The claim that the Russians should not have lost more than 2 units cannot be logically proven.

Eggzactly, it can't be logically proven; imagine being supplied the latest inventory from the top nations shelves and still do wonders. Talking about the us hyped switchblades, Britain brimstones, turkey tb2, manpads, germany tanks about to be included to show. Wait a minute, m777 artillery........ Lest not forget about the tanks that US sent, even given live update from pentagon, Britain etc; ohh are we forgetting about the starlink(the game changer for logistics). If we start looking at every weapons the west hyped about, Russians did well even with their bloated soviet-era tactics and taking it slow with ukraine. The latest hype is himars, buckle your seatbelts mates; enjoy the show of the modern warfare

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2022
Today I'm remembering my old-time Boarding Master "Bobbie Brown" in the 90s. He was with the SADF in the 80s and early 90s and would frequently wear his brownie jacket (hence his nickname). He would sing 101 Battalion's praises all year round (we didn't even know about the border war)... he would rudely wake us up in the mornings for school and at times he would budge in with a bucket of cold water in the highveld winters, a few seconds of sleep would get your bed wet.... of course, we would outsmart him in summer by waking up before he could open our dormitories. grin

Pic of the 101BN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:52pm On Jun 08, 2022
kabe1:

The conflict which the Russian military is currently involved in is as intense as it gets. Giving the sorties conducted by the KA-52 in combat operations, definitely the helicopter has cemented itself as the best in the world in my opinion.

There has never been any helicopter in history of warfare that has been involved in such a complex war environment.

Before you start calling Saudi incompetence, you need to also remember the US army also lost a Black Hawk helicopter in Yemen. Is this also down to US military incompetence?

What I've also seen in this conflict is, manufacturer released specifications almost entirely come to nothing when actual combat begins.

A good example is the TB-2 UCAVs in this conflict.
I don't know the details of the black hawk that was downed in Yemen but the very famous one in black hawk down(the movie) was certainly downed due to incompetence.

As for the KA-52.... Well if it was so good Russia would have bought more of it.... Instead they order more mi28s and Mi35s.... And mi28s I believe have also been deployed to Ukraine with fewer losses
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:56pm On Jun 08, 2022
To think this is one of the last pictures ever taken of the 32BN... I still believe the unit should NOT have been disbanded, it should have been renamed or may be given a new command structure but retained the experienced personnel. There's still no motorised unit in the whole of Africa that is as experienced and decorated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2544) (2545) (2546) (2547) (2548) (2549) (2550) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50