Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,322 members, 7,846,443 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6008182 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) ... (2849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
America without even trying is now the top Gas exporter
No one should really dismiss the superpower title.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2023
Btw guys of late we have seen an increase in the number of AI projects that are been made public e.g Chat GPT etc......most likely the CIA already has more advanced AIs that have been in use for sometime now.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:06am On Jan 04, 2023
Throwback: SA SF in the DRC, FIB1, 2013-14.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:59am On Jan 04, 2023
Lurker4Long:
Throwback: SA SF in the DRC, FIB1, 2013-14.

I don't like how SANDF holds back operational pictures for that long and release them years later..... look how the Kenyans (in the DRC) and Rwandans (in Moza) are quick on the pictures, they win the PR wars and win public perception.

SANDF generals are still stuck with the Cold-War media mentality.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:03am On Jan 04, 2023
Brownies in their glory. .....early 90s township unrest .

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:20am On Jan 04, 2023
First Algerian firefighting plane Beriev Be-200ES-E in Russia .

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2023
GreenandGold:

I don't like how SANDF holds back operational pictures for that long and release them years later..... look how the Kenyans (in the DRC) and Rwandans (in Moza) are quick on the pictures, they win the PR wars and win public perception.

SANDF generals are still stuck with the Cold-War media mentality.
Very true and very sad! Look at the SAMIM deployment in Moz: every single pic I've posted here has come either from the Botswana or Lesotho Defence Forces, or unofficially from SF members on social media.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:53pm On Jan 04, 2023
This has to be the best movie of 2022.

No left wing, liberal messaging. Just a very excellent written, well acted movie.

All Quiet on the Western Front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFqgmaO15x4
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2023
kabe1:

No left wing, liberal messaging. Just a very excellent written, well acted movie.

You clearly didn't read the book, Erich Remarque's "All Quiet on the Western Front" published in 1929. Its revolutionary depiction of the horrific reality of war, rather than the glamourous, sanitised version was regarded as "left wing, liberal messaging".
It is not for nothing that the Nazis regarded it as treasonous, had the book banned and stripped Remarque of his German citizenship, causing him to flee first to Switzerland and ultimately the US.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2023
Lurker4Long:

You clearly didn't read the book, Erich Remarque's "All Quiet on the Western Front" published in 1929. Its revolutionary depiction of the horrific reality of war, rather than the glamourous, sanitised version was regarded as "left wing, liberal messaging".
It is not for nothing that the Nazis regarded it as treasonous, had the book banned and stripped Remarque of his German citizenship, causing him to flee first to Switzerland and ultimately the US.

No, I haven't read the book. I saw the movie a couple hours ago on Netflix and my first reaction is, this is an excellent movie!!!

I liked that the movie well directed, well acted, no political undertones, no forced political correctness. Just like Topgun Maverick, no forced LGBT characters like we saw in The Woman King.

The story telling was on another level, with scenes parallel to some of today's modern trench warfare in Ukraine.

Hollywood movies have now taken a tone of self-righteous political classes, none of it is present in this film.

The murder scenes are very realistic, and takes the viewer on an emotional ride. I wish African movies are made like this.

Like you've said "Its revolutionary depiction of the horrific reality of war".

That's what I liked about it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by IGpro1(m): 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2023
$6billion 2023 budget not enough.
Wow so we doing $6B already

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2023
IGpro1:

I hope we see where the $6 billion is going to.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
IGpro1:
Some will swear this isn't true. They have our budgets and they calculate it themselves grin

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
The J-10C is such an excellent aircraft, if only we could channel some of that $6 Billion to China for this Aircraft. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2023
kabe1:
This has to be the best movie of 2022.

All Quiet on the Western Front.

I think I need to have a word with you as an African..... you're clearly not understanding your spot in this world.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:57pm On Jan 04, 2023
GreenandGold:

I think I need to have a word with you as an African..... you're clearly not understanding your spot in this world.

Pardon, how has liberal policies been beneficial to Nigeria or Africa?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2023
kabe1:

No, I haven't read the book. I saw the movie a couple hours ago on Netflix and my first reaction is, this is an excellent movie!!!

I liked that the movie well directed, well acted, no political undertones, no forced political correctness. Just like Topgun Maverick, no forced LGBT characters like we saw in The Woman King.

The story telling was on another level, with scenes parallel to some of today's modern trench warfare in Ukraine.

Hollywood movies have now taken a tone of self-righteous political classes, none of it is present in this film.

The murder scenes are very realistic, and takes the viewer on an emotional ride. I wish African movies are made like this.

Like you've said "Its revolutionary depiction of the horrific reality of war".

That's what I liked about it.

I will plan to watch it this weekend. I got tired of watching Jack Ryan after season 1 for the same reason you adduced.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:02pm On Jan 04, 2023
kabe1:

"Liberal" is the yang for "Conservative"....

Conservative (the Right) ideologies is/was the root of all African colonial problems.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:05pm On Jan 04, 2023
GreenandGold:

"Liberal" is the yang of "Conservative"....

Conservative ideologies is/was the root of all African colonial problems.

That's the thing, I don't care much for both.

Liberals and Conservatives are the exact same thing, pushing left wing or right wing ideology at the expense of Africans.

Liberals wear masks while doing it, Conservatives are much more openly racist.

Doesn't change the fact they are both doing it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2023
Fynline:

I will plan to watch it this weekend. I got tired of watching Jack Ryan after season 1 for the same reason you adduced.

You would not regret it. It's 2+ hours of pure entertainment that takes you on an emotional rollercoaster.

It's orgasmic.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:12pm On Jan 04, 2023
kabe1:

That's the thing, I don't care much for both.

Liberals and Conservatives are the exact same thing, pushing left wing or right wing ideology at the expense of Africans.

Liberals wear masks while doing it, Conservatives are much more openly racist.

Doesn't change the fact they are both doing it.

I think we can have the whole night having this discussion... the fundamental difference is that you only know racism in theory.......so!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2023
GreenandGold:

I think we can have the whole night having this discussion... the fundamental difference is that you only know racism in theory.......so!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2023
kabe1:

I live in Europe, don't be too hasty to make claims.

Then you clearly have no idea what racism is.... Come back to me when you have lived in the US or South Africa, the homes of racism.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:33pm On Jan 04, 2023
Johannesburg Metro Police Department

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:01am On Jan 05, 2023
Nigerian soldiers

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:02am On Jan 05, 2023
Interview with Test Pilot of the First African-designed Attack Helicopter

https://hushkit.net/2023/01/03/interview-with-test-pilot-of-the-first-african-designed-attack-helicopter/

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:54am On Jan 05, 2023
Nigerian Air Force A-29 Super Tucano

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:22am On Jan 05, 2023
kabe1:
The J-10C is such an excellent aircraft, if only we could channel some of that $6 Billion to China for this Aircraft. grin grin

cry Please, we need this!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2023
A Parabat on the streets

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:51am On Jan 05, 2023
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 12:07pm On Jan 05, 2023
kabe1:

Are you aware of how much money was committed during the US Africa summit? Over 20 billion.

Do you know how blacks and liberals in general supported Nigeria during the End Sars protests?

Are you aware that it was a liberal government (Biden) that removed Trump's ban on immigration for Nigerians?

Are you aware that it was a liberal government (Biden) that just removed the 2 year visa limits for Nigerians?

Do you know that it was a liberal government (Obama) that initiated the power Africa initiative to assist energy initiatives across Sub-saharan Africa.

I don't need to go on and on.

I see you love to argue with people on issues you have no idea about. Maybe you should listen to what GreenandGold has told you.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
Faithful007:
Are you aware of how much money was committed during the US Africa summit? Over 20 billion.

Do you know how blacks and liberals in general supported Nigeria during the End Sars protests?

Are you aware that it was a liberal government (Biden) that removed Trump's ban on immigration for Nigerians?

Are you aware that it was a liberal government (Biden) that just removed the 2 year visa limits for Nigerians?

Do you know that it was a liberal government (Obama) that initiated the power Africa initiative to assist energy initiatives across Sub-saharan Africa.

I don't need to go on and on.

I see you love to argue with people on issues you have no idea about. Maybe you should listen to what GreenandGold has told you.

I see you have a problem with your brain.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-usa-idUSKBN1EL1EN

West African country’s air force said, confirming the resurrection of a deal frozen by the Obama administration

US said to block Israeli arms deal with Nigeria

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesofisrael.com/us-said-to-block-israeli-arms-deal-with-nigeria/amp/

Nigerian president says US arms ban is 'aiding' Boko Haram

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/20150723-us-arms-ban-leahy-law-aiding-boko-haram-nigeria-president-buhari

Don't go about spewing comments like an Buffoon, I have Zero patience for your stupidity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) ... (2849) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.