Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,239 members, 7,846,130 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6007455 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) ... (2849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2023
I don't want to be a Boko Haram member right now grin grin grin

https://twitter.com/Iam_Lekinx/status/1611029691766390787?s=19

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 7:11pm On Jan 05, 2023
GreenandGold:

You asked what Liberal (Left) policies did for Africa.

1. Ended and banned the slave trade
2. Supported the end of colonisation
3. Supported the end of Apartheid

The idea that a Black-man could be free is a Liberal "leftish" idea...... otherwise, you're a N#gro (animal) to the Right.

The US actually propped up the apartheid regime. It would not have survived without their help
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2023
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2023
Tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py8_7aQjkvg

Ronald Regan is a Conservative (the Right).... which proves my point

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:11pm On Jan 05, 2023
Administration Police SOG operators These guys have made Boni forest their home after Al-Shabaab tried to gain foot-hold on kenyas territory some time back in 2014.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2023
GreenandGold:

You asked what Liberal (Left) policies did for Africa.

1. Ended and banned the slave trade
2. Supported the end of colonisation
3. Supported the end of Apartheid

The idea that a Black-man could be free is a Liberal "leftish" idea...... otherwise, you're a N#gro (animal) to the Right.

Wrong

* Right (Republicans) are the ones who banned slavery. Abraham Lincoln did that. And he was a Republican President. Democrats all wanted Slavery and slave trade to continue. They even went to war (american civil war) over it.

*Ending colonialism wasn't a right or left thing. It was an American foreign policy body language across both political divide. Colonialism as it were at that only favors the European economy because European took over the world much faster while America was still under Great Britain's rule. Hence, America didn't really want colonialism to end, they just want the status quo to change so it can favor them too.

Through out almost 100 years that Apartheid existed, several American government both right and left came on board and did nothing. Apartheid died because it was time. Too much pressure from all around Africa and individual voices of reason across the world defeated apartheid. Left to the the Americans, apartheid would probably still be much around. And most of the SA folks on this thread would probably still be wearing knickers all about and shout "yes masa" to their white lords.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2023
GreenandGold, remember when I mentioned the Mechem MC-90 and said Denel should upgrade the vehicle, retain the 90mm and also equip some with their LCT-30mm turret? You responded with a 6x6 render you'd done.
I'm even more convinced of the feasibility of the project, in 4x4 form, for the following reasons:

1) the need exists for a mobile, air-transportable fire support vehicle (unlike fangirls who just make wish-lists, one should always start by defining the role) ;
-we phased out the Eland for the Rooikat, which is too big for a rapid deployment vehicle
2) with the Army having gone back to the brigade structure, the Light Airborne Brigade currently has only 120mm mortars as heavy support;
-unless we take something like the Agrab 120mm mortar vehicle into the Light Airborne Brigade's ORBAT, there is still a mobility deficiency in how we use those 120mm mortars in such a highly mobile brigade
3) the 4x4 vehicle can easily be transported by the Herc C-130;
-even if height isn't a problem, only 1 of your 6x6 can be transported by C-130 at a time, as opposed to 2 of the 4x4
-the SAAF can only field 2 C-130s at any given time, meaning as per our doctrine of a troop being 4 fire support vehicles, 2 flights can deliver a troop

My argument persuasive enough?

Pic 1: the MC-90, that we should modernise and adopt;
Pic 2: the LCT-30 turret, that should be mounted on what would be the MC-30
Pic 3: the phased-out Eland;
Pic 4: an example of the 6x6 as per your preference.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
Fvck, but the confident stupidity on display here!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:08pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hiya, Odunayaw, I see you lurking.
Inputs on the Mc-90?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
Bacteria8:

Wrong

* Right (Republicans) are the ones who banned slavery. Abraham Lincoln did that. And he was a Republican President. Democrats all wanted Slavery and slave trade to continue. They even went to war (american civil war) over it.

*Ending colonialism wasn't a right or left thing. It was an American foreign policy body language across both political divide. Colonialism as it were at that only favors the European economy because European took over the world much faster while America was still under Great Britain's rule. Hence, America didn't really want colonialism to end, they just want the status quo to change so it can favor them too.

Through out almost 100 years that Apartheid existed, several American government both right and left came on board and did nothing. Apartheid died because it was time. Too much pressure from all around Africa and individual voices of reason across the world defeated apartheid. Left to the the Americans, apartheid would probably still be much around. And most of the SA folks on this thread would probably still be wearing knickers all about and shout "yes masa" to their white lords.

Ideologies swapped bruh. A long time ago. The right then, is the left now.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2023
Faithful007:

This unadulterated nonsense isn't worth your response.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:11pm On Jan 05, 2023
Lurker4Long:
Hiya, I see you lurking.
Inputs on the Mc-90?
From our war against ISWAP I think we have learnt that big guns ought to roll with mobile units especially at the tip of the spear

So much so AMLs in storage were pressed back into service

An armchair general like me would distribute them even at company task group level grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
Bacteria8:

Wrong

WRONG!!!

The Republicans were the Left, the Democrats were the Right in the 1860s

https://www.studentsofhistory.com/ideologies-flip-Democratic-Republican-parties

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
Bacteria8:

WRONG AGAIN!!!

Apartheid did not exist for 100 years, it started in 1948 after the Right-leaning party called the National Party came into power....

It fell because of; (i) international sanctions which were crippling the SA economy, (ii) pressure in the US Congress (by the Democrats) to release Mandela and unban the ANC and related parties, (iii) unending internal social unrests.

African "influence" was irrelevant to the fall of Apartheid.... in fact, the rest of Africa was just a dusty backyard in the minds of white South Africans that played ZERO ROLE in South African policies.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:37pm On Jan 05, 2023
Lurker4Long:
GreenandGold, remember when I mentioned the Mechem MC-90 and said Denel should upgrade the vehicle, retain the 90mm and also equip some with their LCT-30mm turret? You responded with a 6x6 render you'd done.
I'm even more convinced of the feasibility of the project, in 4x4 form, for the following reasons:

1) the need exists for a mobile, air-transportable fire support vehicle (unlike fangirls who just make wish-lists, one should always start by defining the role) ;
-we phased out the Eland for the Rooikat, which is too big for a rapid deployment vehicle
2) with the Army having gone back to the brigade structure, the Light Airborne Brigade currently has only 120mm mortars as heavy support;
-unless we take something like the Agrab 120mm mortar vehicle into the Light Airborne Brigade's ORBAT, there is still a mobility deficiency in how we use those 120mm mortars in such a highly mobile brigade
3) the 4x4 vehicle can easily be transported by the Herc C-130;
-even if height isn't a problem, only 1 of your 6x6 can be transported by C-130 at a time, as opposed to 2 of the 4x4
-the SAAF can only field 2 C-130s at any given time, meaning as per our doctrine of a troop being 4 fire support vehicles, 2 flights can deliver a troop

My argument persuasive enough?

This is what I had in mind: See Below, what the Russian Paratroopers use;

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:06am On Jan 06, 2023
GreenandGold:

Ja well no fine! I'd still take a modernised MC-90 over this carbuncle any day. The problem with sticking too big a gun on an APC is that you'll fight it like an IFV, instead of the battlefield taxi that it is.
Also, can you see this thing doing much off-road bundu-bashing?

Your drawing assignment: marry these 2 below and then tell me which vehicle you'd choose for our dirty bush wars! wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:08am On Jan 06, 2023
Odunayaw:
From our war against ISWAP I think we have learnt that big guns ought to roll with mobile units especially at the tip of the spear

So much so AMLs in storage were pressed back into service

An armchair general like me would distribute them even at company task group level grin
Hell yes!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:14am On Jan 06, 2023
GreenandGold:

Looks clumsy. Ugh

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by hawaii13: 6:13am On Jan 06, 2023
Faithful007:

As a student of American History, I had to opine and give you my support...You are 100 percent right...seems your opponent is spewing Fox News talking points. Tell him that after 1964 Civil Rights act, the parties switched with the so-called Southern democrats (The Dixiecrats) switching to Republican Party...infact the modern Republican Party is the remnant of the Dixiecrats...Yes the Democrats prior to 1964 were pro-slavery..but they switched after President Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act. in protest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 7:01am On Jan 06, 2023
Somalia was bad news this are the kind of things Kdf used to deal with,I guess this explains why they seem to be enjoying the recent deployment to DRC.
https://taskandpurpose.com/news/army-al-shabaab-battle-somalia/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 8:42am On Jan 06, 2023
évolué
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:36am On Jan 06, 2023
jl115:
The G6-52 is still the longest firing 155mm howitzer in the world it set a new record just before covid hit i believe

What is the range tho? The pzh 2000 actually hit 67km last year with RAP. The Chinese claims the plz 45 has an RAP ammunition with a 100km range even though it is debatable.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 9:41am On Jan 06, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

What is the range tho? The pzh 2000 actually hit 67km last year with RAP. The Chinese claims the plz 45 has an RAP ammunition with a 100km range even though it is debatable.

Range varies with altitude etc

A gun at sea level firing to say 30 km will fire to say 50 km at 5000 m altitude

So need to factor the relevant parameters too

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:42am On Jan 06, 2023
kabe1:

The Nigerian Air Force has shown no interest in this Aircraft, it's just fan-boys like us that keep wishing we get them. grin grin

However I really doubt NAF would purchase this any fighter jets soon, especially with the purchase of the M-346F/A.

I'm glad that we have shown interest in SAM systems like the HQ-9. Will be great if we take investment in air defence systems seriously.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:47am On Jan 06, 2023
Bacteria8:

Wrong

If I was white and South African, I'll never had let apartheid to have ended because South Africa was a greater country under apartheid than presently.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:25am On Jan 06, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

I'm glad that we have shown interest in SAM systems like the HQ-9. Will be great if we take investment in air defence systems seriously.
We have?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:11am On Jan 06, 2023
Odunayaw:
We have?

Someone in the system told me so
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 11:11am On Jan 06, 2023
Odunayaw:
We have?
Sourced from DNN for sure!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:13am On Jan 06, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

Someone in the system told me so
Sooner or later we'd know for sure

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:37am On Jan 06, 2023
Lurker4Long:

Ja well no fine! I'd still take a modernised MC-90 over this carbuncle any day. The problem with sticking too big a gun on an APC is that you'll fight it like an IFV, instead of the battlefield taxi that it is.
Also, can you see this thing doing much off-road bundu-bashing?

Your drawing assignment: marry these 2 below and then tell me which vehicle you'd choose for our dirty bush wars! wink

Actually, you up to something here..... cool cool wink

Let me see if I can squeeze in this as a weekend fun project
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:52am On Jan 06, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

If I was white and South African, I'll never had let apartheid to have ended because South Africa was a greater country under apartheid than presently.
You have no idea what you're talking about. From 1985 when Chase Manhattan refused to roll over Apartheid SA's debt, the writing was on the wall. More US and European banks followed, culminating in a debt default by 1987. The US Congress passed sanctions, overriding Reagan's veto.
The country had spent so much on the military, it was bankrupt.
Why do you think SA big business revolted, went to meet and talk to the ANC?
Coffers bare and a worsening internal unrest meant no future for anybody, white and black.

White South Africa has been the biggest economic beneficiary of democracy.

If one has been imbibing propaganda from apartheid apologists, racists and inferiority "complexed", one of course would not know any of this!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) ... (2849) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.