Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,092 members, 7,859,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:25 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6027572 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:41pm On May 20
Faithful007:

Not sure this is correct.

What then is the role of your Defense ministry?
Neither the ministry or DHQ decides what the individual service needs. We don't have that strategic-project kind of procurement i.e Arms Deal of '99 by SA
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Baller254: 1:03am On May 21
NTSA:
3 people in the photo were killed in a helicopter crash so far
old Huey helicopters in bad weather
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 7:49am On May 21
I’m always happy seeing this kind of project in the force.

Servicemen welfare is very important.

20 May 24, unveiled 15 projects in Abuja, including 40-bed Hospital Asokoro, MFB, fire bay, 56-shop market plaza, new 6-floor HQ annex building and new Airport Commandant’s office at NAIA, Abuja, among others.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:04am On May 21
More photos from Exercise Flintlock

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:05am On May 21
kabe1:
More photos from Exercise Flintlock

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:02pm On May 21
Senegalese and Chadian Forces Conduct Recon Mission at Flintlock

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:03pm On May 21
kabe1:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 5:20pm On May 21
kabe1:
no cool photos of my Nigerian boys angry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:41pm On May 21
Toju200:
no cool photos of my Nigerian boys angry

It tire me oh!!!

It seems we sent a small contingent. I don check tire.

The Senegalese, Ivorians and Moroccans are running with it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:45pm On May 21
I will like to ask the resident Kenyans in the house a question?

What do you think about Obi-wan-Nairobi?

He's all over the internet chatting shit and milking the picture of him storming the mall during the Westgate attack.

I find it ridiculous seeing claims that he saved 700 people, 1,000 people, 1,500 people. This is absurd.

However what do you guys think about his claims.

Are the above claims factually correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGHM-7ZLuuA?si=tAt-zhhl8Dq5V93Q
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:03pm On May 21
kabe1:

He's all over the internet chatting shit and milking the picture of him storming the mall during the Westgate attack.

I find it ridiculous seeing claims that he saved 700 people, 1,000 people, 1,500 people. This is absurd.

I thought i was the only one who got tired.

Good work he did but haba bros. Plus it seems everyone wants to force a hero story out of him
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:51pm On May 21
Toju200:
phased out

Another wasted resource & equipment
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:53pm On May 21
Faithful007:

NAF doesn't just phase out aircraft like that. It must have gone beyond economic repair.

Those helicopter were just acquired by the office of the president before they where transfered to the NAF.
One of them crashed, what happened to the rest. I know of two but wiki says we acquires four, doubting that anyways.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaddyGoo: 8:59am On May 22
Faithful007:
Here we go again. OB 24

Brave Lioness of the 🇳🇬 Navy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaddyGoo: 9:13am On May 22
NTSA:
3 people in the photo were killed in a helicopter crash so far

And both crashes with Bell 212 type choppers.

Age related or sabotage?

RIP to the dead

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 6:16pm On May 22
Odunayaw:
Neither the ministry or DHQ decides what the individual service needs. We don't have that strategic-project kind of procurement i.e Arms Deal of '99 by SA

You're concatenating two things together. Which I think is seperate. The military can say what they want, but the decision to buy it lies first with the ministry and then the house. Have you forgotten your democrazy 101
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 6:28pm On May 22
CAS training in Ghana

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:19pm On May 22
Faithful007:

You're concatenating two things together. Which I think is seperate. The military can say what they want, but the decision to buy it lies first with the ministry and then the house. Have you forgotten your democrazy 101
Listen, learn grin. I am telling you how things are done in my country.

The only place the ministry and [rarely] the Senate/House come in is in lobbying the purse holders. And that's about all their role in decision making especially in the current 4th Republic . Neither have veto over decisions of procurement.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:02pm On May 22
DaddyGoo:

And both crashes with Bell 212 type choppers.

Age related or sabotage?

RIP to the dead

Helicopters have proven to be unsafe for VVIP transport.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:08pm On May 22
kabe1:

Flintlock in Ivory Coast last week and African Lion in Senegal this week highlights the US influence in Africa.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:31pm On May 22
kabe1:

We acknowledge the many first responders ,who did a commendable job .Beyond that, he is trying to exploit the situation for his personal gain.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:15am On May 23
kabe1:
Senegalese always tackticool cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:22am On May 23
kabe1:

The DCI's RRT team is the one that ultimately killed the terrorist. Before the arrival of specialized teams, There were many first responders, from undercover cops, flying squad, GSU, AP and other police units etc.

E.g I would point to this one GSU police unit which was among the first to respond. They came, they went in and they rescued many, this was way before special units arrived. This unit alone disputes Obi-wan's story that no one was helping.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:25am On May 23
This is the same GSU team coming out with dozens of rescued civilians

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:37am On May 23
Even the videos thumbnail that purports to show a Kenyan police watching from a corner while obi-wan kicking doors is taken out of context.
There were GSU with him on the inside, he wasn't alone

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:42am On May 23
Then there were these guys from flying squad who were also among the first, they also went in and rescued people from the inside.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 8:09am On May 23
When special teams arrived, it fell on RRT/CRT team to go after the terrorists. These guys went in and came back out in the early morning when the job was done, I don't know what went on throughout the night or how they coordinated with obi-wan who says hewas also there till the next day from the video.
But from a couple of pictures of at least two dead terrorists which I've deleted since, that were shared in a pro-police fakebook page, One of them had some of his fingers shredded while his hands still on the trigger, the other one was a clean headshot, and in those photos you could see reflection of the CRT team on some of the glass walls.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 8:22am On May 23
The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) Base Defence Platoon
The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) Base Defence Platoon, serving as frontline defenders, conducted a camp security Exercise PROTECTION WARRIORS I at the United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO) Force Headquarters in Goma.

The exercise aimed to prepare troops for emergencies, identify vulnerabilities, enhance coordination, foster vigilance, demonstrate commitment to safety, and maintain United Nations credibility.

During the exercise, drills such as crowd control, rapid response time, coordination and communication, flexibility, swift occupation of observation posts, and patrolling in built-up areas were conducted. Troops displayed a high level of professionalism and skills, underscoring their dedication to safeguarding the UN Force Headquarters.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 11:00am On May 23
President Ruto of Kenya visits the US on a State visit. This is the first State visit of an African leader in 16 years since John Kufuor of Ghana in 2008.

President Biden will also designate Kenya a major non-NATO ally during the visit. Kenya will become the second country in Africa after Morocco to have such relationship with the US.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 4:22pm On May 23
Faithful007:
President Ruto of Kenya visits the US on a State visit. This is the first State visit of an African leader in 16 years since John Kufuor of Ghana in 2008.

President Biden will also designate Kenya a major non-NATO ally during the visit. Kenya will become the second country in Africa after Morocco to have such relationship with the US.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:05pm On May 23
Faithful007:

Personally, I think the below is far more important, and consequentially beneficial, than the supplicatory beads and mirrors of "non-NATO ally":

Biden moves to get Chips Act funding for Kenya as Ruto visits
The US is proposing to make Kenya the first country in Africa to benefit from funding in the Chips and Science Act, according to a White House official, underscoring the countries’ desire to cement tech industry relationships.
President Joe Biden’s administration intends to work with Congress to achieve the designation, the official said, although it wasn’t clear how it would be reached.

Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo discussed a new semiconductor partnership with Kenya during the discussion, according to the official, who detailed the moves on condition of anonymity before their release.

The partnership, under the International Technology Security and Innovation Fund, would see the US work with Kenya’s government to support the country’s semiconductor assembly, testing and packaging sector, the official said. The intention is to strengthen the security of global supply chains and complement US manufacturing of chips.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-05-22/google-teneo-executives-to-meet-kenya-s-ruto-at-white-house

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:09pm On May 23

(1) (2) (3) ... (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.