Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,698 members, 7,844,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2844) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6005548 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 6:19am On May 14
Shaytun:

Oh, sure, because of the terrain let’s choose a gumbo ots over a combat boot even though it has worse traction, does not fit well which will obviously lead to feet problem, less breathable also. Ignore the obvious that combat boot are made for all terrain even wet jungles and can be waterproof to.

Rational thinking there buddy
bro, you think he is wearing $10 gumboots?? Again use some of that gray matter!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by samuelgodson(m): 7:12am On May 14
Omofaye99:

I have a deep feeling Mossad is behind this.
seriously dude 🙄🙄🙄 mossad hacking KFC.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:59am On May 14

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 11:03am On May 14
jl115:
bro, you think he is wearing $10 gumboots?? Again use some of that gray matter!

I could care less if the gumboots is $1M, fact of the matter is , we are looking at a deployed soldier in an active combat zone with an inefficient equipment.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:38pm On May 15
Kdf passout parade 5000 new troops added to the service.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 8:12am On May 16
Shaytun:

I could care less if the gumboots is $1M, fact of the matter is , we are looking at a deployed soldier in an active combat zone with an inefficient equipment.
Since when are gumboots insufficient? You ever been on deployment in the DRC?

Im guessing the US army, French Army, Swedish army ect ect.....oh yes and off course the Nigerian army all have a shortage of boots? Well to be fair the Nigerian army it might be true
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:13pm On May 16
Nigerian special forces fastrope from a Nigerian Navy AW139 Helicopter onto Spanish Navy offshore vessel Furor (P 46) during a zonal arms and drugs trafficking scenario in support of exercise Obangame Express 2024, May 15, 2024.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:13pm On May 16
kabe1:
Nigerian special forces fastrope onto Spanish Navy offshore vessel Furor (P 46) during a zonal arms and drugs trafficking scenario in support of exercise Obangame Express 2024, May 15, 2024.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 12:52pm On May 16
jl115:
Since when are gumboots insufficient? You ever been on deployment in the DRC?

Im guessing the US army, French Army, Swedish army ect ect.....oh yes and off course the Nigerian army all have a shortage of boots? Well to be fair the Nigerian army it might be true

Lmao, so the incompetency of the Nigerian army is an excuse for the SANDF to be incompetent as well

I didn’t know your armed force manual is derived from the Nigerian Army.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 9:34am On May 17
A Guard of Honour mounted by a detachment of Kenya Air Force officers at State House, Nairobi, as part of the elaborate state reception to the visiting Uganda Head of State.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 9:40am On May 17
Kenya Defence Forces cadets; Karanja Mwangi, Tracey Okoth, and Ivan Yegoh proceeding to WestPoint USMA,U.S. Air Force Academy and Us naval academy respectively

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:27pm On May 17
Shaytun:

Lmao, so the incompetency of the Nigerian army is an excuse for the SANDF to be incompetent as well

I didn’t know your armed force manual is derived from the Nigerian Army.
I guess you missed the part where I also said US army, French army and Swedish army?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Baller254: 12:13am On May 18
i posted this pic a while ago of kenyan troops in drc
check the footwear.
im very sure these soldiers have standard issue boots, im guessing they do this in non combat situation in fixed positions like camps because of the muddy Congo environment, regular boots would sink and absorb water causing foot hygiene problems

in the pic you can see a soldier with a regular boot, the difference in protection is clear

Shaytun:

Oh, sure, because of the terrain let’s choose a gumbo ots over a combat boot even though it has worse traction, does not fit well which will obviously lead to feet problem, less breathable also. Ignore the obvious that combat boot are made for all terrain even wet jungles and can be waterproof to.

Rational thinking there buddy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 7:02am On May 18
jl115:
I guess you missed the part where I also said US army, French army and Swedish army?

The US army, French army and Swedish wear gumboots in combat?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 7:32am On May 18
Baller254:
i posted this pic a while ago of kenyan troops in drc
check the footwear.
im very sure these soldiers have standard issue boots, im guessing they do this in non combat situation in fixed positions like camps because of the muddy Congo environment, regular boots would sink and absorb water causing foot hygiene problems

in the pic you can see a soldier with a regular boot, the difference in protection is clear

Moot point, the picture you posted showed troops on the field not camps, those wellies are actually a bigger hazard to the troops than regular boots.

let’s not even talk about the risk of developing trench foot or immersion foot, you don’t want to be caught in an ambush with those big unwieldy thing strap to your legs, they decrease your combat effectiveness substantially.

A good combat boots with goretex liner takes care of most of the problems you highlighted.

The wellies could be worn in camps because soldiers wouldn’t want to wear out or dirty their regular boots, but there’s no excuse for wearing gumboots on the field.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:16am On May 18
Senegalese Special Forces

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:57am On May 18
Ivorian Special Operation Forces conducts shooting drills during Flintlock 24 near Jacqueville, Côte d'Ivoire

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:58am On May 18
kabe1:
Ivorian Special Operation Forces conducts shooting drills during Flintlock 24 near Jacqueville, Côte d'Ivoire

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:59am On May 18

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:09pm On May 18
Nigerian Air Force T-129 ATAK Helicopter.

Nigeria intends to have the 3rd largest Air Force in Africa.

Currently Egypt has the largest Air Force in Africa with over 1,000 Aircrafts, followed by Algeria in 2nd place, Morocco in 3rd and Nigeria in 4th place.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:14pm On May 18
Nigeria will add 52 new aircrafts by 2025.

24 x M346FA

12 x AH-1Z Zulu Helicopters

12 x A109 Trekker Helicopters

4 x T-129 Helicopters

The service is also expected to add 2 x CASA 295 and possibly 4 x CASA CN235 Transport Aircrafts.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:30pm On May 18
Shaytun:

The US army, French army and Swedish wear gumboots in combat?
yeah when deployed in certain terrain....the more you know hey wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 12:31pm On May 18
kabe1:
Nigeria will add 52 new aircrafts by 2025.

24 x M346FA

12 x AH-1Z Zulu Helicopters

12 x A109 Trekker Helicopters

4 x T-129 Helicopters

The service is also expected to add 2 x CASA 295 and possibly 4 x CASA CN235 Transport Aircrafts.

The airforce is so luck to have added this dedicated platforms, how I wish the army will be this lucky interms of more modern equipment & quantity.

I'll wish the airforce can add more JF-17.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:38pm On May 18
bidexiii:

The airforce is so luck to have added this dedicated platforms, how I wish the army will be this lucky interms of more modern equipment & quantity.

I agree with you. Although I still think the Nigerian Air Force requires at least 1 squadron of a decent multirole fighter.

Preferably the J-10C.

I don't really see any much activity with the army. Apart from the weekly APC purchases and the MD Helicopters, there's really not much activity.

I mean the army needs additional Tanks and Artillery pieces, but we don't see much movement.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:40pm On May 18
bidexiii:

The M346FA and the JF-17 have similar capabilities. I wouldn't go for more JF-17s.

I think we should look at the J-10C instead. We need Aircrafts with good stand off capabilities.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:47pm On May 18
bidexiii:

Luck? Far from it.

Both NAF and NN have made their short-medium-long term vision known since even the wind down of GEJ administration and they have stuck to it. We don't see same for the Army.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 2:56pm On May 18
Odunayaw:
Luck? Far from it.

Both NAF and NN have made their short-medium-long term vision known since even the wind down of GEJ administration and they have stuck to it. We don't see same for the Army.

Do the various services operate independently? ...In my opinion I think The Nigerian Military as a whole is doing just fine at the strategic level which is evidenced by the numerous hardware acquisitions.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 3:00pm On May 18
A little bit of fine tuning at the tactical level maybe is what is needed.Equipments are only as effective as the soldiers.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:13pm On May 18
NTSA:

Do the various services operate independently? ...In my opinion I think The Nigerian Military as a whole is doing just fine at the strategic level which is evidenced by the numerous hardware acquisitions.
I don't get your question
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:29pm On May 18
kabe1:

The M346FA and the JF-17 have similar capabilities. I wouldn't go for more JF-17s.

[/b]I think we should look at the J-10C instead. We need Aircrafts with good stand off capabilities[b]

That's true for power projection. Especially with our unstable neighbors & untrustworthy neighbors grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:31pm On May 18
Odunayaw:
Luck? Far from it.

Well said, the Army hierarchy lacks direction & Leadership.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 3:31pm On May 18
Odunayaw:
I don't get your question
While developing strategic visions Is the army Independent from the air force,Navy etc?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.