Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,346 members, 7,957,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:52 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6151033 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (2866) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
"What's not to love in the SU-34 fullback?"

The Fighter looks perfect!

$36 million a piece........ They are so cheap.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
agaugust:

I feel your thoughts my big boss, so many disappointments and delays in the past, don't worry, your wish is now granted by NAF getting a 4th generation jet.....and the deal for technology transfer remains on the table for Nigeria to build the jets at home and maybe even export, we will control the African market if we play smart with Pakistan as the first buyer in the world. Watch other countries follow us this 2016, they will start buying.

For ideal set up, I will prefer more deadly for NAF aircraft mix :

20 JF-17 Block 3 (Six trainer versions)

6 Su-35 Stealthy Flanker (Two trainer versions)

6 Su-25 COIN (Two trainer versions)

36 Super Mushak....4th gen trainer/COIN

Same $1.5 billion cost....the JF-17 answers MiG-29 and Gripen, Su-35 answers Su-30 and Rafale, Su-25 answers Boko Haram close range when pilot need to I.D. friend or foe by eye visual observation in a confused closed quaters combat ground battle space, Super Mushak answers Boko Haram at safe distance with guided munitions.

We need to be able to help African nations while we help ourselves. Brothers are brothers, long live Africa !

Forget the SU-35, 6 units of SU-35s would not save us from an impeding rape by French Rafale fighters.

What we desperately need is the SU-34 Fighter-Bomber. Have you seen............ I mean have you seen that plane and the capabilities it can perform? It's simply unbelievable!

My ideal setup:

18-20 units of JF-17 Block II

12 units of SU-34 Fulback

24 units of L-15 or 24 Yak-130
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 11:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
Henry240:

Forget the SU-35, 6 units of SU-35s would not save us from an impeding rape by French Rafale fighters.

What we desperately need is the SU-34 Fighter-Bomber. Have you seen............ I mean have you seen that plane and the capabilities it can perform? It's simply unbelievable!

My ideal setup:

You planning on fighting a major air war against someone?

Because that is overkill for your neigbors and wont even be a speed-bump for any of the global powers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 07, 2016
the late Meles Zenawi body guards armed with tavor bullpup rifles

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:20am On Jan 07, 2016
denisfidha:
A stolen M4 and a G3 rifle among other things recovered from terrorists on a raid by police on a suspected house in Majengo,Mombasa

is that a photo album next to the cash?

Good work to men/women in blue

One of the suspect - The govt said the police database will be functional in 2017/18.... seems to be already operational http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000154478/nowhere-to-hide-as-kenya-automates-citizens-data
its being reported this arsenal was meant for new years eve terror attack.it is also being reported a alshabaab commander by the name Yussuf Maalim Noor known as Yussuf Nur Aden has surrendered to kenya security in wajir
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:06am On Jan 07, 2016
Henry240:

My ideal setup:

By trying to strategically position the Nigerian armed forces as a force to counter and defeat an enemy the size and powerful as the French without a relief force from a super power is impossible.

As maintaining such a force would be highly expensive and a whole political ammo crate for the opposition.

In my view the French should be countered by Nigeria offering a security umbrella for countries in west Africa:

- A capability to produce and supply weapons in the region.

- Building an expeditionary force able to respond within short notice able to bring to the ground a battalion group with support such as armour, artillery etc

Regarding fighters: The numbers should allow the air force to externally deploy 4 - 8 frontline fighters.

The money for Fullbacks should go to acquiring mobile or air transportable ground based air force radars with long range (100km+) and command systems(mobile and air transportable).

Cause the JF-17 with airial refuelling and the right ammo can bring a strong strike capability. It is a multi- role aircraft after all.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 07, 2016
south sudan has several S-125 Neva/Pechora Air Defence System / SA-3 Goa,which were spotted by spy satellite in juba.i can't post the photo because its going to be removed like the last one i posted

the linkhttp://www.janes.com/article/57003/south-sudan-deploys-s-125-sam-system
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 07, 2016
At the request of the Ethiopian government, the United States has stopped flying drones from southern Ethiopia in its campaign against militants in Somalia and Yemen, officials said.

On Tuesday, US officials confirmed that drone activities had ceased at an airfield in the town of Arba Minch,

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/africa/20160106/1032770496/ethiopia-us-drone.html#ixzz3wXcn5X5y
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 07, 2016
AMISOM uganda troops in somalia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 07, 2016
Patchesagain:

You planning on fighting a major air war against someone?

Because that is overkill for your neigbors and wont even be a speed-bump for any of the global powers.

The setup is ideal for a decent level of deterrence.

L-15/ Yak-130 would replace - Alpha Jets, L-39Z, MB339Z

SU-34 - 6 in rotation, deep strike capabilities

18- 20 JF-17 thunder - multirole jets/ maritime patrol

11 F-7NI - Interceptors

Just enough to put things in perspective.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 8:44am On Jan 07, 2016
Henry240:

My ideal setup:

your head dey there. I mean why do we keep forgetting the Yak
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 07, 2016
MikeCZAR:
By trying to strategically position the Nigerian armed forces as a force to counter and defeat an enemy the size and powerful as the French without a relief force from a super power is impossible.

As maintaining such a force would be highly expensive and a whole political ammo crate for the opposition.

In my view the French should be countered by Nigeria offering a security umbrella for countries in west Africa:

- A capability to produce and supply weapons in the region.

- Building an expeditionary force able to respond within short notice able to bring to the ground a battalion group with support such as armour, artillery etc

Regarding fighters: The numbers should allow the air force to externally deploy 4 - 8 frontline fighters.

The money for Fullbacks should go to acquiring mobile or air transportable ground based air force radars with long range (100km+) and command systems(mobile and air transportable).

Cause the JF-17 with airial refuelling and the right ammo can bring a strong strike capability. It is a multi- role aircraft after all.

Nigeria has been acquiring mobile tactical Radars, we got a couple units of Tri Shield 36DG Tactical radars in 2015.

The Nigerian Air Force would operate mainly in the West-African region, the JF-17 has enough juice to cover a significant part of the region, the SU-34 would completely cover the region.

The way i've set-up my ideal Air Force is very manageable.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 07, 2016
Uganda air force L 39

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by horlams: 9:08am On Jan 07, 2016
This is so weird, but is that the IGIRIGI in the first picture

(last vehicle)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 07, 2016
Sudan Air force has R-77 missiles which is here displayed with their MIG-29 with varies assortment of its weaponry

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 07, 2016
A close look at Tanzania F-7 jets when a PLAAF delegation visited Tanzania Ngeregere AFB also seen is the Shaanxi Y-8.its rumoured china wants establish a military base in tanzania

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 07, 2016
africaken:
its being reported this arsenal was meant for new years eve terror attack.it is also being reported a alshabaab commander by the name Yussuf Maalim Noor known as Yussuf Nur Aden has surrendered to kenya security in wajir
Yeah, I heard that too, They were planning to attack either pirates or Mama ngina public beach but were detered by security measures in place so they might have decide to post-pond, it would have been big, pirates beach was like filled to capacity the whole festive season

A quoted intelligence source said the AS commander was willingly giving crucial info to the police, we need to convert or create double agents in AS command structure to be giving us valuable and timely info if we are to finish these guys off

Top Al Shabaab Intelligence officer Yusuf Maalim Noor who surrendered to police in Kutulo Wajir is offering security agents with vital information that has led to several successful raids in the recent past.Noor's associates include Abu Ali, Mustafa Ato who is key Al Shabaab operative in Wajir .Al Shabaab operatives days are numbered as Noor is willingly cooperating with the security agents.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 10:05am On Jan 07, 2016
horlams:

(last vehicle)
there is only one explanation. The second pics was not an igirigi as we use to believe. Cus it look the same.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 07, 2016
one of the four MI-24V acquired by south sudan recently when the civil war started

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 07, 2016
who said there were no photos to be post smiley

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 07, 2016
horlams:

(last vehicle)
That's the Igirigi.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 07, 2016
AMISOM,

Nigerian police rotation, Somalia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 07, 2016
united states has donated 24 mine-resistant and armor-protected vehicles to the Nigerian Army.the MRAPS were handed over to the military authorities at the Nigerian Army, 9th Brigade Parade Ground, Ikeja Army Cantonment in Lagos.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
Senegalese Peacekeepers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by horlams: 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
Henry240:

That's the Igirigi.

Good thing to know, we are going places
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
while we are debating what cheap and what expensive ,others are getting of $ 22 billion

Saudi Arabia will give $22 billion to Morocco to improve its military industry

Saudi Arabia is trying to expand its influence at the Southern Mediterranean region, as it will provide $22 billion to Morocco to “strengthen the deterrent capabilities of the Royal Armed Forces.”

According to Morocco World News, on December 16 the two Kingdoms signed an agreement of military and technical cooperation between the Moroccan Royal Armed Forces and the Saudi Armed Forces.

Today, Arabic daily Al-Massae reported that under the signed agreement, “Saudi Arabia is financing the implementation of a military industry project in Morocco with $22 billion.” Besides the funding, Saudi Arabia agreed to provide military intelligence to Morocco to help the Southern Mediterranean country to upgrade its status “from client to producer of weapons”, an unnamed source told Al-Massae.
http://neurope.eu/article/saudi-arabia-will-give-22-billion-to-morocco-to-improve-its-military-industry/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
chad air force C-130

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
Namibia air force technician standing in front of K-8 Jet trainer

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
New Nigerian MRAPS from the USA

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
gottfried21:
New Nigerian MRAPS from the USA

Nice pics gottfried21 smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
bidexiii:

Nice pics gottfried21 smiley
I had to share smileyit was a good gesture...While the Ukraians are getting Humvess with Canvas doors grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
Cameroon Mi-17 helicopter

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (2866) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.